SwiftKit Suggestions

Stidor

As Ilove2Gamble mentioned previously, a built-in utility for the game bar would be good. I have tried the game bar with EI, FF, Chrome and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. If SwiftKit can have a reliable, stable game bar utility I would use it for keeping track of when I can do my "dailies", GE transactions, friends online, etc.

I don't think the GE Transactions/Online Friends would be possible, or necessary since both are easily accessible when in the game, but the dailies list may be possible, will look into it :)

It's obvious they have some sort of API for both of those, and they wouldn't be too hard to code. The only problem is finding the API.

As Ilove2Gamble mentioned previously, a built-in utility for the game bar would be good. I have tried the game bar with EI, FF, Chrome and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. If SwiftKit can have a reliable, stable game bar utility I would use it for keeping track of when I can do my "dailies", GE transactions, friends online, etc.

I don't think the GE Transactions/Online Friends would be possible, or necessary since both are easily accessible when in the game, but the dailies list may be possible, will look into it :)

It's obvious they have some sort of API for both of those, and they wouldn't be too hard to code. The only problem is finding the API.

It is simple XML files which are unlocked after authenticating with the server.

http://services.rune...ar/authorise.ws

and you can see the ge offers and your D&D via the following links

http://services.rune...bar/geupdate.ws

http://services.rune...r/activities.ws

This information can also be found at http://forum.tip.it/...60#entry4457417

The developers would need to basically redirect you to the login page so you can authenicate the use of the app, allow the cookie to be stored, then they could setup a basic timer to grab the GE and D&D data ever "X" minutes from the server and keep it handy.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Of course, but that's not the main issue at hand. "Here, just enter your password into this program you're supposed to trust" isn't exactly the best message to send out.

blue.png

while 'editing server', I am unable to add channels to the 'auto join channel' box. All my options are checked even the 'enable auto join channels' box. One thing I noticed is that there is no options to the right of the 'auto join channel' box that would allow me to 'add' 'edit' 'remove'

your suggestions would greatly be appriciated. =)

so your missing the following buttons?

121015153239.png

Dose everything kinda look jumbo? if your missing the buttons then it may be that you have your DPI set to high, in which case you may find this helpful http://kb.swiftkit.net/question-stats-lookup-or-internal-utilities-is-messed-up-.html

simmo200.png

Could urns please be added to the skill calc??

we have they are factored in via the custom bonus

121014222407.png

Oh im sorry, i should have been more specific. I meant to the crafting calc to show how many of them needed to reach ____ level since they give great xp

I use tip.it's crafting skill guide to get urn crafting xp but i would love to have them incorporated into the application

ALSO; is there a way to change the default rs name that gets searched once logged in? its not a big deal nor hassle but i've been wondering if that would be possible so i can stop having to type in my new name

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm impressed . . . a lot of features I didn't even know I needed . . .

Having said that, SwiftKit is missing one key features I expected it would have . . . timers . . .

No, not a single time like you have . . . When will my coconuts be ready to pick, when will my aura reset, etc, etc, etc . . . I'm not looking for some "premade" set of timers, but instead the ability to give a title and and time, click start and have it alarm when done.

You have so many features I would have never thought it . . . odd that you don't have the one that started me looking.

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm impressed . . . a lot of features I didn't even know I needed . . .

Having said that, SwiftKit is missing one key features I expected it would have . . . timers . . .

No, not a single time like you have . . . When will my coconuts be ready to pick, when will my aura reset, etc, etc, etc . . . I'm not looking for some "premade" set of timers, but instead the ability to give a title and and time, click start and have it alarm when done.

You have so many features I would have never thought it . . . odd that you don't have the one that started me looking.

Frank

The DevTeam are looking into many things at the moment, A lot of man hours are needed atm to update all the EOC items.

Give us time and you'll be greatly rewarded my friend :)

Currys.png

Currys.png

In the right hand utilities under the magnifying glass you can quick search for a monster.

I see it only displays combat level and life points, I'm sure we could be able to accommodate weaknesses into this somehow, we will look into it for the next release cycle, thanks!

• 1 month later...

1.Okay so let's start this by saying I LOVE YOU for this app lol! This has helped me like crazy!

2. The idea is you should add a section on like where we can see how to make things. Like food, armour, weapons, but mostly food.

3. Another idea is like if you can.. Can you please make a section for us the users of your app to like chat and share our ideas tips, and like were we can help each other out.

-Thanks

Waffledough

2. The idea is you should add a section on like where we can see how to make things. Like food, armour, weapons, but mostly food.

Tip.it now have a real neat mobile site, we may be able to link to their guides.

3. Another idea is like if you can.. Can you please make a section for us the users of your app to like chat and share our ideas tips, and like were we can help each other out.

This would certainly be possible as for the Andriod version we have socializes aspect to it already that allows you to comments on different things, it wouldn't be a full blown IRC chat, but the ability to post comments or tips i don't see why not.

• Like 1

simmo200.png

I do hope this suggestion is not something on the do not say page like IRC scripting engine but I don't know what that is.

I am using the iPhone app and I was wondering if there could ever be a xp tracker? There was 1 on the App Store but it was taken off yesterday and I can't find the reason but it was very helpful and it is much easier for me to check a iPhone app than the website which one is hosted already.

• 1 month later...

I do hope this suggestion is not something on the do not say page like IRC scripting engine but I don't know what that is.

I am using the iPhone app and I was wondering if there could ever be a xp tracker? There was 1 on the App Store but it was taken off yesterday and I can't find the reason but it was very helpful and it is much easier for me to check a iPhone app than the website which one is hosted already.

Hi Zegsima,

This is definitely something we are looking into, but there's a few things we need to take into account while doing so, so I'm not sure which version we'll (potentially) include this in, but rest assured we are doing our best to make SwiftKit the #1 tool no matter what info you need ;)

not sure if you are aware but the armoury info is down and has been for a while all stats are 0 for evrything. :wink:

Thanks for the report lilstuboi, we're looking into this as I write and will have a fix out at the earliest convenience.

I know this is already suggested but I have it a little different

Have a section in the utilities bar or something for a checklist;

Things for the checklist:

Dailies

Weeklies

Etc

Since you can't do this automatically without putting your password in, you can make it so when you tick it, it'll untick by the time it usually unlocks, e.g

Tears of Guthix

Once I do it, I can tick the box next to it

e.g: [ ] Tears of Guthix; Time Left:

Once I tick it, the countdown starts, starting from 1 week.

stop pming me plz

We have been discussing a wide verity of options. I was under the impression that we would have about a month for them to get it up and running however with the news of it coming tomorrow i guess we should get a bit of a move on.

At this point you will be able to load the 07 servers straight away with SwiftKit just like any other web browser. As for hi scores and calcs that may take a few depending on how jagex work it.

simmo200.png

In the picture below you will see that I added "Play Runescape 2007" to the drop down menu. This can be linked with "oldschool.runescape.com" to display the page as shown in the screenshot.

The toggle option on the right is to switch the highscores view from Eoc, to the oldschool runescape highscores without having to edit the link1 code in the link file. Let me know what you think, it seems like simple, easy changes that will make swiftkit viable for Runescape 2007.

GiLNrAk.png