Getting to the terror dogs.

Blaze The Movie Fan

I'm currently on a slayer assignment and am supposed to fight terror dogs. But the problem is I'm lost in Tarn's Lair and no matter what I do I can't find my way to the end of the lair to get to those dogs. Can someone help me?

Also, it's almost impossible to avoid the traps, does someone have a map of where all the traps are located?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That map is perfect, I can see all the traps. I'll use it next time I play RuneScape, thanks.

But I have a question though. How can I avoid as much damage as possible from the skeletons and zombies? I want to be at almost health when I fight the terror dogs.

I think the best way to do it is to use protect from melee and bring some prayer potions so I will have full prayer when I reach the terror dogs. (not sure how many prayer potions I'd need) But I'm not sure that's why I'm asking.

Using prayer on the actual terror dogs is a terrible terrible idea anyway, the room they are in prayer drains super fast without even using it. Trying to keep prayers up you'd be wasting a shit ton of pots.

Worth noting as well if this is the first time you are going through Tarn's Lair you will having to fight and kill Tarn before you can kill terror dogs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alright here is my plan. I'm revealing my plan here so people could tell me if it will fail.

I bring one prayer potion, one law rune, five air runes and 20 swordfish. I put on protect from melee and try my best to avoid the traps.

I follow the map exactly, and when I finally arrive at those dogs I turn off the prayer and start fighting. Will this plan work?

Also, in the elven kingdom I can't always avoid the traps, even if I know where the traps are I sometimes fail to avoid them. My other question is, are the traps in this dungeon inavoidable like the ones in the elven kingdom?

Elf kingdom isn't a good comparison, they are all agility obstacles with a spot to click to jump or step over them. Tarn's lair they are trigger tiles.

As shown on the map specific tiles trigger traps, the in the case of wall traps it is the tile beside that wall.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Use piety, it won't cost and you can finish the task a lot faster. Spend slayer pts to get the rings? If you don't have the quest done, skip terror dogs, do the "smoking kills" quest, and get slayer rings. Terror dogs are not worth the time to do them if you can't get there using slayer ring.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Thanks for all the help guys, looks like I don't need the ring after all. As long as I know where all the traps are and I protect from melee on the way and protect from magic when I reach the magical skeletons (and I calculated I only need one prayer potion.) I can go to the terror dogs in no time at all, so thanks again.

>Asks for advice

>Ignores ALL of it

I did not realize that asking for advice automatically meant you had to follow it...

That is true, but it makes people feel like they wasted their time to help the person. Blaze will have a rough time killing the Terror Dogs if he uses all of his food getting there.

Well, I don't use my food getting there. I use all my food while killing them. That's why I brought one prayer potion so I wouldn't have to deal with getting damage from the skeletons and zombies.

Alright, I will admit, maybe I shouldn't have made this thread, I should have just went to the page where I find the map and be done with it.