Runespan, when to switch isalnds?

AznPrincess

I've just gone to Runespan for the first time recently, and finally getting the hang of it. I'm 78 right now, and trying to get to 91 so I can finish all the diaries (tasks).

I've been sitting on the third floor at the 13th platform, but I was curious about when I should move onto something better? I've been only been siphoning nodes.

I know I should be doing slightly lower level nodes instead of my highest, but just curious as to when I should move onto Skulls/Bloodpools.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Also, if you have any suggestions on which island to skip to at what level, I'd appreciate that too.

As far as I'm aware, the best idea is to always try and siphon the highest nodes you can, unless the ones that appear are lower levelled ones. Also siphon esswraiths every now and then for the essence ofc.

As for what islands to hop to, I'm going to leave that to someone else who knows about that :P

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Experience rates

XP/minute XP/hour

Jumper 1,500 90,000

Skulls 1,600 96,000

Blood pool 1,650 99,000

Shifter 1,800 108,000

Nebula 2,000 120,000

Living soul 2,150 129,000

Bloody skulls 2,200 132,000

Undead soul 2,300 138,000

Note: This is tested at high runecrafting level. As your runecrafting level is 78 it might be more efficient to do lower nodes like chaotic clouds too to get the most exp/h

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Experience rates

XP/minute XP/hour

Jumper 1,500 90,000

Skulls 1,600 96,000

Blood pool 1,650 99,000

Shifter 1,800 108,000

Nebula 2,000 120,000

Note: This is tested at high runecrafting level. As your runecrafting level is 78 it might be more efficient to do lower nodes like chaotic clouds too to get the most exp/h

Exactly. :P Which is why I made this thread

From my experience, just stick with nebs/shifters/ and lower, focus on nebulas -> shifters -> others, there's normally some around, only siphon skulls/pools if there's nothing else.

Getting ~80k/hour at 76, though rates increase a lot over higher levels. Also, you can get away with 89 for elite, via Oldak, or 86 if you stew.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Experience rates

XP/minute XP/hour

Jumper 1,500 90,000

Skulls 1,600 96,000

Blood pool 1,650 99,000

Shifter 1,800 108,000

Nebula 2,000 120,000

As awesome as it is that you took the effort to gather all that, it doesn't mean much. There's quite a bit of error, which means that the order can be drastically different.

Experience rates

XP/minute XP/hour

Jumper 1,500 90,000

Skulls 1,600 96,000

Blood pool 1,650 99,000

Shifter 1,800 108,000

Nebula 2,000 120,000

As awesome as it is that you took the effort to gather all that, it doesn't mean much. There's quite a bit of error, which means that the order can be drastically different.

I didn't gather this myself tho =S...

But nonetheless I already said it could be used as a guidance.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Yeah, that's only really useful for those going for 200M exp. :/

No, you must have misinterpreted what I said. The difference in his data and actuality are likely far apart, due to the nature of how he tested it. Xp/hour isn't a very precise way to gather data.

So does anyone have any recommendations on islands after say lvl 85 and 90?

After 90, I began using the fc 'Runespan Pro' on w119. There's no level requirement for that chat, but many of the calls are for higher level nodes. Islands 25, 27, 29, 30, and 32 are the most commonly used. Before 90, I camped 16 and 17, sometimes including 13, 14, and 15.

Looking back, 27/29/30 might be a good option once you hit level 83, but it can be frustrating if only us/ls are spawned.

Runespan didn't come out until I was already level 82, so I can't offer any advice before then. In summary, from level 83 to 90, try out 16/17, 13/14/15/16/17, and 27/29/30, and see which works best.

Edit: I believe the 16-17, 25-27, and 30-32 bridges require 85 to cross.

Xp/hour isn't a very precise way to gather data.

I'm planning on collecting some xp rates at Runespan, how would you recommend going about it? Atm, I'm recording how much xp I get per node and how long it took to get that xp, then turning that into xp/min averages.

Basically, every 2 ticks you try to craft a rune. You'll see a 1, 2, or whatever the xp for that node is fly up onto your screen. Iirc correctly, you can also get 0 xp. So basically record 0, 1, 2, or X every 2 ticks.

At 90 rc, stay on the two platforms to the east of the blue circle-- the one w/ two soul wraiths and the one with a soul wraith + law hound.

Those are 30 and 32, and I would definitely recommend including 25, 27, and 29 in your rotation, especially if using a chat. It's more effort and less afk, but worth it for access to more nodes.

Worked out nebulas to be 100kish/hour. (50% success rate) Which is pretty much the best you can get at 80. Stick to nebula/shifters, avoid skulls/blood pools unless nothing else availible, if no nodes, top up your essence.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]