Manage thy kingdom conflict

n64jive

I've played rs for a long time and I still fail to understand MTK.

Are the resources removed from your coffers daily, using the formula of your approval rating? Or does it use the amount of days since you've deposited and use the approval rating on that day.

Obviously the 2nd option would be better, however I heard both.

w4M8t.png

Resources are calculated when collected, hence you can swap just before collection to ensure biggest profit.

However approval rating is taken daily when the gp is.

The best way to think of mtk is like a shop of sorts.

Each resource has a gp value.

Each worker is given 5k a day.

When the workers are given this gp the approval rating dictates how much they keep for themselves vs how much they give to the resource fund.

This maths is done daily to build up the resource fund.

So day 1 you have 100% rating all 75k gets put into the fund.

Day 2 you have 99% rating so it takes 75k but only 74,250 gp is put in the fund so you have 149,250gp in the fund

Day 3 you have 98% rating so takes 75k but only 73,500 goes to fund giving you 222,750.

And so on and so forth.

This total builds up right up until the point you collect at which point it looks are what resource options you have picked and spends the gp there.

tl;dr - Approval rating is counted daily. Resources collected is only counted on collection

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Resources are calculated when collected, hence you can swap just before collection to ensure biggest profit.

However approval rating is taken daily when the gp is.

The best way to think of mtk is like a shop of sorts.

Each resource has a gp value.

Each worker is given 5k a day.

When the workers are given this gp the approval rating dictates how much they keep for themselves vs how much they give to the resource fund.

This maths is done daily to build up the resource fund.

So day 1 you have 100% rating all 75k gets put into the fund.

Day 2 you have 99% rating so it takes 75k but only 74,250 gp is put in the fund so you have 149,250gp in the fund

Day 3 you have 98% rating so takes 75k but only 73,500 goes to fund giving you 222,750.

And so on and so forth.

This total builds up right up until the point you collect at which point it looks are what resource options you have picked and spends the gp there.

tl;dr - Approval rating is counted daily. Resources collected is only counted on collection

Love the analogy. Kudos!

Might be a dumb question because I've never read up on MTK rules/info, but would it be more beneficial to keep your rating at 100% every day compared to just the day of collection? (not implying 0% until collection but anything less than 100 I guess)

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

Yes. To ensure maximum profits, you should boost your approval rating up to 100% every day. However, I collect once a week (on Sunday), and I just renew my approval from 93% to 100% after I collect my resources. Yes, I am losing out on potential, but what I am missing out on is basically negligible.

Yes. To ensure maximum profits, you should boost your approval rating up to 100% every day. However, I collect once a week (on Sunday), and I just renew my approval from 93% to 100% after I collect my resources. Yes, I am losing out on potential, but what I am missing out on is basically negligible.

whats the current best option to choose for mtk still mining/maples?

whats the current best option to choose for mtk still mining/maples?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldEhLOK6ejJdHlwRC1VRVJiUkFNM2JVQ3otNS0xUGc#gid=1

currently herbs/maples.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

• 1 month later...