Weildable Fishing equipment (Please read and comment)

shawrty4

The fishing rod could be a ranged weapon that fires bait-tipped arrows.

I agree with the idea to make fishing things wieldable, it would be great to be able to have a full inventory.

But making them weapons like this :roll: That would be terrible, put them -100 on all and just make them useful for fishing.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

ive always wanted this... harpoon smashes through kqs glittery scales peircing her heart and destroying her once and for all...well that was weird

anyway back on topic

they should have minus bonuses but otherwise a good idea

EDIT- plz god no one start different metal harpoons...or lobbie cages at that... just dont

maxsig28nv.gif

Personally, I'm putting in a no vote on this one. And, I'll give you my reasoning. Oh, I'm f2p by the way.

In any case, I do most of my fishing anymore on Kamarja. I wield a hatchet, equip coins, a tinderbox from the old man's bookshelves in Draynor village, my fishing equipment (harpoon or pot) and an initial set of logs (willow at this point). I go and fish and listen to all of the other fishermen going "fire plz", "ffffiiiirrrreee", etc, ad nauseum, because they didn't bother to bring the equipment to make a fire, after all, they wanted to keep those spaces open for more fish. Then, if no one makes a fire for them, they sit there and moan and complain. Wielding the hatchet gives me the ability to get more logs while I'm there as well.

Now, I know that not all of them do it, but this would give them one less reason to equip properly before going out fishing, not like they would do it anyway, but...

make it weildable and decrease ur cooking skill by 10 to 15.. that will make them think twice about weidling the fishing equipment if they were to cook those fishes they caught.. if not this will juz penalise hardworking fisher who bring hatchet tinder box to karamja (f2p in this case)

Perhaps fishing level can be decrease by 1 or 2 levels.. hahaa

Haha, love the idea! It could be included as part of their graphics updates, to make the game look prettier.

Good update for both F2P and P2P too.

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!

Meh, it would be weird

*GLIMPSES MORTAL COMBAT*

That scorpion guy... "COME HERE"!

Any MK player would know that he actually says: "Get over here!" Then yanks the rope (usually you uppercut or slice away with sword depending on which MK you have >I have the Sega Genesis version and the MK Deadly Alliance for XBox< Scorpion = soul-less demon!:twisted:)

Anyways, back on topic, wieldable fishing equipment is just looking for some1 to PK you.

Oh yea, that newb is running away. I better stop him! *Casts fishing rod with a phat on end, then reels it in with newb chasing it* (i wish i was rich enough to risk something like that) Like that could be good...

MY OPINION ON FISHING WEAPONS:

harpoons = yes (stab you to death, then catch sharks with your dead body as bait!:twisted:)

nets = maybe... (stops them, but the net is destroyed because they rip it to get out? like casting snare)

cage = HECK NO! (oh yea, im going to hit you with a large cage thing!)

fly-fishing rod = no, what are you going to do, tickle them with feather until they die?

fishing rod = maybe... (pulls them back?)

MY OPINION ON FISHING WEAPONS:

harpoons = yes (stab you to death, then catch sharks with your dead body as bait!:twisted:)

nets = maybe... (stops them, but the net is destroyed because they rip it to get out? like casting snare)

cage = HECK NO! (oh yea, im going to hit you with a large cage thing!)

fly-fishing rod = no, what are you going to do, tickle them with feather until they die?

fishing rod = maybe... (pulls them back?)

i think u should still be able to wield them, but as birdboy said only some of them could be used a wepons

mabe if they had in the style of sttack

aggreive, etc.

and fish or somethin

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Yeah I'm supporting it. I'm a fisher myself and find it rather weird that miner (pickaxe) and woodcuter (axes) are able to wield their tool but why can't fisher?

One empty slot is good for some xp as well. :)

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

yeh, i support the idea. and also, just another suggestion, when wielding the fishing rod, your hook grabs something strange in the water and you get pulled underwater, rescued by some people, you do something for them and they release you and give you "some runes to get you going". wat u think.

yeh, i support the idea. and also, just another suggestion, when wielding the fishing rod, your hook grabs something strange in the water and you get pulled underwater, rescued by some people, you do something for them and they release you and give you "some runes to get you going". wat u think.

not runes mabe feather/baith whatva ur fishin with

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

• 2 months later...

he just said like 10 times that theyd be USELESS FOR FIGHTING.what, kill someone with yer fishing pole or lobster cage?at best, it should be like fighting with a rubber chicken.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I'm down with this idea, [joking]could we maybe have bronze through to rune cages?[/joking] But what about crafting, can we have wieldable needles. It almost makes more sense than having a large lobster pot in your weapon slot.

pcingbs6.jpg

Goals: 80/80 Range, 75/90 Strength, 77/85 Attack, 64/76 Fishing and crafting 31k natures (o.O)

As Barihawk stated. Most of the fishing dealy-o's in Runescape just aren't that understandable. I mean, I don't want a full Half Life 2 phyiscs system, I'm just saying, sharks would never get that close to a beach. Lobster pots probably need to be dragged along a boat, or just sunk, or something. Why not fishing boats? I mean, it just makes sense.

P.S. I'm 100 percent for equippable tools. Psst Jagex, you have hatchets and picks, Psst. Why not fishing rods and the like?