Botting/Botwatch in the Evolution of Combat Discussion

Deathscythe

Jagex have a game to maintain, run and update.

Bot producers have bots to maintain and update. Is it a wonder with the sole focus being the bots that updates get broken quickly?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Point of interest: Bot watch has been partially online since the release of botany bay (this is the program that finds the bots that go there). I am under the impression they are still trying to iron out some of the wrinkles, as the program has not proven to be entirely reliable, and the developers of the bots it does target are naturally already fighting back.

Is that implying you would be able to do better?

Then please, do apply for Jagex.

I have no doubt that I could.

Even if they switched to a PunkBuster/HackShield, with said companies in the past we had bypasses released minutes after they'd update. >.<

I'd pay to see this. If you think you can make a better system, do it, and present it. Looking at Jacmob, you'll probably end up with a cushy job at Jagex.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Pay to see which? A HackShield/PunkBuster bypass update minutes after they do? When I still played FPS like War Rock, that's all it'd take us.

As for writing a better botwatch, I believe Jagex has a line that they don't want to cross. I believe that while they want bots gone, they don't want all bots gone. Let's face it; members gold-farming bots generate a nice chunk of change.

Of course, there's also the line where combating bots becomes more money then it's worth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did a JMod not post that exact same thing on the RSOF?

Also, changed the topic title to reflect the change in discussion since the thread was created.

09144a99bb.png

Even when they do finally decide to release it, I give a week to a few weeks tops.

Considering it took until the end of January for the major bot creators to make a working bot after Octover 2011's bot nuke...

I don't see why Botwatch would work less well.

Private developers got their bots out again in weeks.

Besides was it really worth the destroyed FPS just to make it more difficult for them to bypass

Pay to see which? A HackShield/PunkBuster bypass update minutes after they do? When I still played FPS like War Rock, that's all it'd take us.

As for writing a better botwatch, I believe Jagex has a line that they don't want to cross. I believe that while they want bots gone, they don't want all bots gone. Let's face it; members gold-farming bots generate a nice chunk of change.

Of course, there's also the line where combating bots becomes more money then it's worth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did a JMod not post that exact same thing on the RSOF?

Also, changed the topic title to reflect the change in discussion since the thread was created.

It takes 10 minutes to bypass any of those. What those are doing is watching memory regions for edits. How WoW hackers/bot devs bypass Warden is they just change the memory back to what it should be while Warden is scanning.

Guess what, with enough time you can figure out any random search algorithm they can come up with, I mean runescape bot devs have figured out the dungeoneering generation algorithm.

So no bot nuke then?

Nope, not even close :P. Make a trip to Taverly's Dungeon and it is just like "normal." Noticed some bots at black demons, while on slayer task, using the defensive healing ability too. Could see bots full out ability spamming soon I'd bet.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

And probably doing a damn sight better at it than I am right now. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...