500 Squeal Of Fortune Spins Results

FreezePop91

If any of you have ever wondered if you should or shouldn't buy SoF spins, let me share my story with you. I got a nice bonus this paycheck and decided to spend it on SoF spins. I started out with 470 spins, in the end I ended up with;

15 Double Spin Tickets

well over 500,000 GP

7 Prized Prismatic Pendants

8 Prismatic Pendants

1 Prized Pendant of Defence, Woodcutting, and Slaying

1 Pendant of Ranging, Slaying, Construction, Herblore, Fishing, Magic, Cooking, Fletching, Woodcutting, Agility, Constitution, Strength, and Crafting

105 Small Recharge Gems

10 Large Recharge Gems

210 Teak Panks

140 Oak Planks

275 Bow Strings

30 Supercompost

120 Molten Glass

35 Green Dragon Leather

20 Green Dragonhide

140 Big Bones

7 Small Herblore Crates

2 Small Crafting Crates

1 Small Summoning Crate

1 Small Smithing Crate

3 Small Farming Crates

1 Artisan's Boots

1 Sous Chef's Toque

1 Sous Chef's Trousers

1 Sous Chef's Shoes

1 Blacksmith's Boots

1 Blacksmith's Gloves

1 Blacksmith's Apron

1 Botanist's Boots

90 Monkfish

2 Ranging Potions (3)

3 Super Attack Potions (3)

4 Games Necklaces (8)

440 Cannonballs

16 Uncut Diamonds

300 Coal

260 Mithril Ore

6 Adamantite Ore

200 Gold Ore

200-300 Yew Logs

500 Maple Logs

Over 100 Small and Medium Exp Lamps (Including free pick)

Time to spin all 500 spins: about 2 hours (x10 spin was not working)

Total Amount of Levels gained from EXP Lamps: 44 Levels

Looking back at the results I did not once get the "Super Rare" rewards, I had 2 times where I should have gotten the 200m, but the needle on the wheel was on the line and it counted as the other reward. I enjoyed getting all the rewards, but at the 200 spin mark, I had come to understand that there is no pattern in the wheel and I was better off not trying to click in a certain place. Once I get my next paycheck I will record all 470 spins and post the video. I had started to record the spins, but after the first 30 mins, I gave up because it was going to kill you all to watch. As long as I keep getting a good paycheck and the SoF is still running I will keep buying $99 worth of spins every 2 weeks and will post all the results. I look forward to my next paycheck and the next SoF Spinning spree!

Act as one for the whole, not as one for yourself.

Skill Outfits;

Sous Chef: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Artisan: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Blacksmith: 4/5

Bontanist: 3/5

IIRC, the odds for the super rares are like 1 in 1000 spins. And it's been confirmed that the wheel animation doesn't reflect the actual odds at all (otherwise you'd have like a 5% chance of getting a super rare), and your timing on the wheel doesn't matter at all either. Better to just use up all your spins as quickly as possible. I found it slightly amusing that you had to use the 1x spin button :P That sucks man lol

77yLQy8.png

I found it slightly amusing that you had to use the 1x spin button :P That sucks man lol

It mad me mad, for the first 40 spins, I forgot there was a 10x, then when I would use it, it would give me my prize, but then freeze up. It would grey out the claim prize button and say loading when I moused over it. Lets hope that next time the 10x works or I am going to be in for another long night.

Skill Outfits;

Hasn't this been done to death already? I mean, if you want to track and post your spins go right ahead but I doubt you're going to come up with any results that haven't already been reported. If you're going to continually track your results, it might be better to start a blog about it.

Just my tuppence worth.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Can I be honest? Aside from the gems to recharge pendants (phee dung exp) I only care about the skill set outfit pieces, and not the bonus exp. Fashionscape. I can't tell you how fresh to death I look in my botanist mask and gloves with dragon ceremonial top/bottom/boots/cape and Karil's xbow.

But btw, what did you use the lamps on and what levels?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Is it just me or did you win a lot of skilling outfits?

Thanks a lot for posting this, I've been thinking of buying that $99 package as well. I want to get more outfits and pendants before they're removed from the wheel.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Can I be honest? Aside from the gems to recharge pendants (phee dung exp) I only care about the skill set outfit pieces, and not the bonus exp. Fashionscape. I can't tell you how fresh to death I look in my botanist mask and gloves with dragon ceremonial top/bottom/boots/cape and Karil's xbow.

But btw, what did you use the lamps on and what levels?

I mostly used them on Summoning and Hunting, a few went to Cooking Magic Ranged and Thieving. All Summoning and Hunting went from 18 to 34+. Most of the levels I gained was from pre-selected lamps. At one point I gained 8 levels off of a bunch of medium exp lamps for summoning.

I am making a blog out of this, every 2 weeks I will be posting my results, everything from the amount of gold to exp and what skills. I'm not doing this to show the odds of winning an item, its just a way to have fun with the game and help bring out some questions that may have not been thought about until now. I welcome any and all questions about this, don't be shy, I'm not going to scold you for asking. And my next buy is going to happen in a little bit, I got a bonus check from my work today, so I might as well do it 100% proper this time and get each and every item logged and numbered correctly.

Skill Outfits;

So if my math is correct, you got about 18 Rare items in 500 spins? Damn, that's pretty solid lol.

O not to derail your thread but here's a pastebin of all the spins I've had since June 5th: http://pastebin.com/iVPmHeHG

I recommend you do the same (if you don't think it's too much fuss writing down all the junk rewards as well :P), since I'm kinda interested in logs.

Summary:

- 823 spins

- No Super Rares

- 188 small lamps

- 113 medium lamps

- 1 large lamp

- 0 huge lamps

- 26 double spin tickets

- 134 1k coins

- 11 2k coins

- 88 5k coins

- 2 10k coins

- 18 50k coins

- 3 100k

- 2 200k

- 3 500k

- 3.716m Total Cash

- 5 Queen's Guard pieces

- 5 Dragon Ceremonial pieces

- 3 Prized Pendants

- 2 Prismatic Pendants

- 0 Prized Prismatic Pendants

- 14 Pendants

- 10 recharge gems

- 0 large recharge gems

- 2 Artisan pieces

- 1 Botanist piece

- 0 Sous Chef pieces

- 1 Blacksmith piece

- 3 small crates

- 0 large crates

- 2 alchemist fragments

- 3 D&D tokens

This is probably confirmation bias, but I feel like bought spins have waaaaaaaay better chances of hitting rare slots than do spins acquired via other means (drops, activities, daily)

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG