19-Dec-2012 - A Stray in a Manger [Christmas Event]

Den

The even was interesting until the part where you have to rely on other people, while having a delay as well. I should be able to trade "the gift of giving" without being controlled over who I do it with or the frequency. I guess sitting at the same place for 20 minutes is christmasy to Jagex.

Probably more Christmasy to trade with other people you've never met before than to boost with a friend for 3 minutes.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Pretty bad Xmas event, But 200K hunter XP is very nice :)

Tbh the christmas event was good. It was short, sweet, and fun. Getting all the gear for the kennel trading back the GoG was fun to me, and giving all the strays homes was nice.

Why didn't you like it?

I certainly enjoyed it I think they struck a reasonable balance of questy content without wasting dev time for something that won't stay in-game long term but without going to the extreme of Easter/Halloween where there was nothing but community event using recycled graphics and recycled code.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The even was interesting until the part where you have to rely on other people, while having a delay as well. I should be able to trade "the gift of giving" without being controlled over who I do it with or the frequency. I guess sitting at the same place for 20 minutes is christmasy to Jagex.

Probably more Christmasy to trade with other people you've never met before than to boost with a friend for 3 minutes.

I would rather boost with friends for 3 minutes instead of with random people, which is what ended up happening. The most social part was when they all said "GoG me plz".

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]