Seriously, I Need Some Help!

IanLim99

Let me start this topic with how I feel:

:( :( :(

Wait what? Where is the smiley icons I normally see on other forums?! There aren't any?! But, but...

This is sooo confusing, I don't even know whether this is the correct forum or section! I can't even find the 'rules' of this forum...

1. Is this the official RuneScape Forums?

2. Where are the smiley icons?

3. Are the rules of this forums strict like the Uberstrike forums or are they loose like the Dead Frontier forums?

4. Can anyone tell me where to find the rules?

5. Can anyone provide me a full list of comparism between P2P and F2P? Skills items areas minigames and all that?

6. My free 14 day trial just ended, I have a load of items that are members in my bank, when I examine them they say "Please login to a member's world blah blah blah..." Do I take all these out and drop them or is there a way to sell them off on a F2P world? it isn't worth dreaming about getting a membership because my parents dissaprove about virtual spending.

7. Can anyone tell me where I can and where I can't go when I am not a member?

8. Why is this game so restricting? The stuff i get from the Wheel of Fortune are all useless to me... they are all member's stuff... Couldn't this game be fully F2P and just earn money by selling super powerful weapons rather than memberships like many other games?

9. Is there really day and night in RuneScape? Because the last time I visited Draynor it was obviously in the day but now it's all dark there, and how come it doesn't even look realistic, it doesn't have a sky, can't RuneScape have a proper sky?

Edit: Found out that the smiley button brings up a smiley menu below, well that was confusing, I thought it would be a bar on the top.

Moved to Help & Advice.

First off, welcome to tipit :)

1. No, we are a Platinum-ranked fansite. To find the official runescape forums, go to www.runescape.com and click "forum" to access the official RS forums.

2. You've already found them. :)

3. I have no idea what either of those forums are, so I can't compare our rules with theirs. I can, however, compare our rules with the official runescape forums and I would say we are more lenient than the official runescape forums.

4. http://forum.tip.it/topic/48092-tipit-forum-rules/ - You can find a link to the rules at any time by looking right next to the "View New Content" button on the right hand side of your screen.

5. I'll let someone else answer this.

6. Bank space for p2p items does not affect how much f2p bank space you have. Leave them on the off chance your parents change their mind, since they're not negatively impacting your gameplay.

7. The game will tell you where you can't go as a member. We have a map of the f2p world here: http://www.tip.it/runescape/html/world_map_f2p.htm

8. Runescape is not like many other games :P You're welcome to make a topic in our RuneScape Suggestions board if you want -- provided you remember we're not the RSOF :P

9. There are no day/night cycles in RS, some areas are darker and some areas are lighter. The game has its own unique art style just like many other MMORPGs out there do.

hzvjpwS.gif

1. No

2. There's a button that opens up the smiley list.

3. I don't know those forums but I don't believe the rules here are that strict. Just keep it PG-13 and don't do anything you wouldn't do in front of your grandmother really.

4. http://forum.tip.it/topic/48092-tipit-forum-rules/

5. http://www.runescape.com/members_benefits.ws

6. I haven't played Runescape in years, but if you're F2P and have members stuff and you're not planning on getting members you might as well drop it all.

7. Unless it's changed recently it's pretty much everywhere between Falador and Varrock.

8. Freemium games are awful, be thankful that you get anything for free.

9. There wasn't night or day when I played.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Moved to Help & Advice.

First off, welcome to tipit :)

1. No, we are a Platinum-ranked fansite. To find the official runescape forums, go to www.runescape.com and click "forum" to access the official RS forums.

2. You've already found them. :)

3. I have no idea what either of those forums are, so I can't compare our rules with theirs. I can, however, compare our rules with the official runescape forums and I would say we are more lenient than the official runescape forums.

4. http://forum.tip.it/...it-forum-rules/ - You can find a link to the rules at any time by looking right next to the "View New Content" button on the right hand side of your screen.

5. I'll let someone else answer this.

6. Bank space for p2p items does not affect how much f2p bank space you have. Leave them on the off chance your parents change their mind, since they're not negatively impacting your gameplay.

7. The game will tell you where you can't go as a member. We have a map of the f2p world here: http://www.tip.it/ru...rld_map_f2p.htm

8. Runescape is not like many other games :P You're welcome to make a topic in our RuneScape Suggestions board if you want -- provided you remember we're not the RSOF :P

9. There are no day/night cycles in RS, some areas are darker and some areas are lighter. The game has its own unique art style just like many other MMORPGs out there do.

5. If you click on each skill in your skills tab, it'll bring up a guide on every skill and it'll show you where f2p ends and p2p begins. There are thousands of more items in p2p than there are in f2p and they are all "better" than f2p. Runescape keeps f2p and p2p almost entirely separate, a p2per wouldn't have any reason to go to a f2p world (he won't be able to use p2p items in a f2p world), and a f2per can't go to a p2p world (can't use p2p items at all). Essentially, p2p is the game, while f2p is almost like a tutorial or sample. However, there is so much f2p content, that people confuse it with being the game itself, it's even arguable that p2p is like a buyable DLC. You shouldn't be concerned with p2p at all if you're still getting the hang of f2p, it doesn't really affect you at all. Otherwise, here is a full database list on this fansite: http://www.tip.it/runescape/items.

8. As I said before, f2p is kind of like a trial version. Having buyable weapons would just give other players an advantage over people who don't want to spend money. That would absolutely ruin the game. You yourself said that your parents disapprove of virtual spending; would you like it if everyone who had a bought weapon could kill you? Runescape isn't even about weapons, it's about personal achievable content. I don't see how f2p is restricting if you don't know your limits.