Fire Cape post eoc

Munch

Full obsidian + wand for water mage, 1h cbow for range and a 1h melee wep.

Can't perfectly abuse all weaknesses but you can get within the right style atleast and the obby armour effects are a great boon

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wouldn't it be better to use two handed range and melee weapons for the damage boost on abilities?

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I do just fine, with no food or prayer till Jad, with the Obby Armor / Master Wand / Crystal Shield - Ice blitz / barrage.

For the rangers, they're weak to slash, so I just switch helms and carry a vine whip. Control your adrenaline well, and stock up on the smaller melees at the end of each round when you can, and then ulti the most annoying monster in the wave first (always range if you can). Metamorphosis (along with Rejuvenate) is your friend in the entire Cave - especially on Jad =)

If you don't have the Obby armour, no worries - my very first post-EoC (and very first Jad kill coincidentally, haha), was with full Gano and Staff of Light + Water Surge.

With your stats, you should be just fine! Good Luck!

Wouldn't it be better to use two handed range and melee weapons for the damage boost on abilities?

If you use the right style, it shouldn't matter too much - they're incredibly weak now, even at my stats (and the OP has higher).

NOTE: At the Jad wave, when the healers come - it is no longer enough to simply have them aggro you - you *need* to lure them some feet away from Jad too, otherwise they passive heal him.

TIP#1: About Rejuvenate, once the main targets are down (the mage / rangers), build up adrenaline and heal, while ignoring the meleers. They do not do much damage to you, so you should be fine. The big meleers are great too, because they'll heal themselves, meaning you can build up adrenaline indefinitely and heal as much as needed.

TIP#2: Have a separate Ability bar for Jad - with Mage / Range Deflect / Pray on it - makes switching when needed, so much easier and less chance of messing it up. The rest of the abilities on that bar, should just be the basics, then Asphyxiate, and Metamorphosis and some defensives if needed, because of the healers.

Sorry I don't know the names / levels to match, haha. Ask away if anything isn't clear.

ArchangelSignature.jpg

If using obsidian method no.

Full obsidian gives damage output boost AND damage taken reduction, but only IF full set is worn.

With the relative weakness of monsters plus this effect you do far better using 1h; plus perma shield has bonus of using resonance basic for healing eg mess up a jad attack? Fire off resoance and let the next one hit ya for near full heal.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Full obsidian gives damage output boost AND damage taken reduction, but only IF full set is worn.

Isn't it more along the lines that each armour has its own soak damage, which stacks up with each piece and then just the helms provide the damage boosts?

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Nope its a set effect like void.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I've been using the legs/boots/gloves and armor swapping the rest when I go in the cauldron to get more slices to forge and I've been noticing less damage from creatures there, but that may be the placebo effect

Also depends what your normal armour is, afterall obsidian is on par with torva/pernix/virtus roughly speaking.

Plus I'd further add to what I said an important factor of using whole set is that is is all classless aside from helsm tht u swap anyways, add in any other armour bits that ain't classless and you'd be hit by the armour vs wep mismatch penalties.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Nope its a set effect like void.

Even then obsidian armor has its merits of being equally effective at defending against every kind of attack, unlike any other armor suggested for fight caves, so it still reduces overall damage taken by quite a bit, even if the set doesn't work (in fact it doesn't need to)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)