Another Nail in the Coffin

Resistance

I am still vetting and adding new ones, they're not really finalised. Mather has rolled, and you can if you would like but it's really after current PC deaths.

Mather, it's based solely off of your bloodline score (how pure your bloodline is). The average player bloodline score is about 24, but you can make your bloodline score better by bloodtheft (killing other nobles). You will all have a minor bloodline score, which means one minor ability and one major ability. By ruling and bloodtheft you will be able to increase it.

axso6El.png

It's basically highlander.

-

I have just realised, you won't be able to resurrect as easily in level 6.

Candle of invocation demonic pact

Adventures into hell.

Coming back as undead (necropoliton, skeletal champion, juju zombie), loss of bloodline?

qTLQRuS.png

Tomorrow would be a good opportunity to work on the creation of new characters, if everybody who can be there would join at around 7:30 GMT we can do rolls for the new characters and sort everything out.

The Wizard/Sorcerer spell list will be edited to keep it more low magic. Flashy spells like fireball are removed.

I will look through the spells not included on the edited spell list and include them.

Wizards will not be nerfed too much, there will be access to a constant cursed (which is to say, has a requirement for use; blood upkeep, bathing in something, killing somebody every week etc) candle of invocation effect. Level 4 spells will be checked through just to remove blatant save or dies (Phantasmal killer).

See the OP, I have edited the character creation guidelines. Please wait till tomorrow though.

This is a rather large setting overhaul, but it's nearly over :P

EDIT: Only phantasmal killer is banned from the Hyboria spell list.

qTLQRuS.png

I thought we didn't need to until we died.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

http://en.wikipedia....es#Core_deities

Instead of Golorian Panthenon.

removed: Carl Glittergold, Larethian, Yondalla, Obad-Hai, Vecna

https://dl.dropboxus.../Statsrolls.png

Clarification on character choices:

This is a lower magic setting like Hyboria, LotR, Westeros so please adjust your characters accordingly.

All core races bar orcs are refluffed as humans. No gnome/halfling. If your race is very similar to human, or fits a traditional setting: Dhampir, Fetchling, Changeling, then that is acceptable.

Anything that is too excessive needs to be removed.

Archi: Lord, Caedmon

Mather: Lord, Ansehelm

Alg: Knight, Liburg

Nex: Knight, Ansehelm

Jen: unrolled

Everybody is free to choose House Lambert if they like. If this is the case, the party will start with a castle worth 50,000 gp initially in the location of their choice.

qTLQRuS.png

1:15 PM - Ennui: That would be my suggestion as well. Wealth (Including items, Items held by servents and such) is capped at WBL+5%. Characters must be Humanoid, and attacks that will kill 99% of creatures in 2 turns or less are banned

Mather and I also agreed that it made sense to keep our characters, his current one fits the setting better than any of his others. I'd also like to add that we were, for the most part, all playing as nobles working together/against one another for the throne anyway, so the change doesn't really accomplish anything except cause us trouble.

Your current characters are fine, please just assume irrevocable loss of memory.

WBL will not be capped as such, instead be based off of effective character level.

Edited by Neferast
qTLQRuS.png

I assumed that for the sake of the story, everybody agreed to switch to one house (Lambert).

Also, I'm not sure whether it fits the setting for a goblin to be part of a house.

"Note that even if you’re playing a goblin paladin of Iomedae, the rest of the world won’t necessarily see you that way. Goblins are, after all, quite common, and their reputation generally precedes them. In other words, the people of the Inner Sea region are quick to stereotype and judge a goblin on sight. As a result, even the slightest bit of eccentricity or strangeness on your part could well cause a violent overreaction among the locals. A simple trip to the tavern for a meal or an attempt to go shopping for new gear can be a problem for a lone goblin in a human settlement"

Being a Goblin Lord ruling over peasants will not go down well. Goblins are essentially a lower social class, so it would probably make more sense to start as a Vagrant or Freeman or a separate social class altogether.

-

Two options for tonight:

Continue with level 8 characters, that will permanently die eventually.

Begin with level 6 characters. They need to be built for tonight. DO NOT OVER-OPTIMISE OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY.

qTLQRuS.png

It would make more sense for everyone to switch to Anselheim since it's a royal house whereas Larmbert is just a noble house.

And yes, a noble goblin does make sense, and if my reputation precedes me, it'll do me nothing but good. Now I don't give two shits about what you predict will go well, because my silver tongue will keep me out of trouble for as long as I need it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

What's so bad about Advanced Firearms anyways? They're far from overpowered. I mean, they usually provoke AoOs when firing and reloading, they misfire (and take damage from it) on natural 1s and they usually take move actions to reload with expensive ammunition.

I'm just counteracting these weak points with a series of feats and traits: Deft Shootist Deed which removes AoOs when I've got at least 1 grit, Rapid Reload to speed up reloading (requires Weapon Focus with that one firearm), Reliable property on firearms to negate misfires and I crafted my own ammunition using the Gunsmithing feat when I created the character.

Of the feats I've taken, only 2 are not there solely to negate penalties inherent in using firearms, and I've spent a total of 36k on the equipment.

Oh, and since they're ranged weapons, I can't use them for attacks of opportunity.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You got ambushed in the woods and killed by anti-goblin protesters.

You should roll up a new character. Your old character has died, so it would certainly not make sense for a dead goblin to live for over a hundred years in stasis until the next horde of rampaging tavern adventurers come along. You were the one talking about the importance of story and character, but how can continuity errors make a good story.

You're saying that playing a human is boring and hard, but the game itself is built so that the players become heroes far beyond the paragon of humanity. Furthermore, you don't even need to play a human - just a race that meshes with the setting, meaning no mary-sue glowing hair zealot characters. Goblins are fine to play.

You have played multiple characters in the past, but now you're finding an excuse not to play anything. The setting is court intrigue/political drama, low fantasy, magical bloodlines. Pretty much any character archetype will work here, apart from super-archmage or clever-artificer - there certainly isn't a limited setting. Besides, I try to keep things as player driven as possible so whatever you create will probably work.

The intention of playing new classes is so that people don't simply play the same characters, nor do they use the exact same play style. I even told you about a month ago that I was planning on phasing out guns after you rolled up a new character.

Guns don't really mesh with the setting, and frankly I don't think they mesh with the pathfinder setting (which is ridiculously 'cookie cutter' in the sense that it tries to accommodate everything). They are rather overpowered at this level, I did a bit of a test last night and advanced guns outfire crossbows in pretty much all situations - longer range, target touch AC, no real limitations. Furthermore, putting guns into a low fantasy setting utterly ruins it - I don't like continuity issues, and otherwise I see no reason not to give all my NPCs rifles, as I have had to with witch hunters.

In terms of character, guns really don't add anything. I agree that a lot of characters probably wouldn't do so well without guns (see : Dirty Harry) however have never made any references to having a gun, nor does your gun define your character. Trying to lump guns into your character doesn't really work.

It's not a good excuse that you don't want to create a new character sheet. The setting has moved on and I am not allowing the same characters. Just because you are insistent on using a character editor that is as hard as possible to use, I don't have to concede - it is extremely easy to make a character sheet in just notepad, I do it regularly for NPCs and it takes me 10 minutes at most, and probably a little longer if I was creating a PC.

In terms of combat, all you need to know is your saves, AC and attack - these can adjust if you're playing a barbarian or self-buffer character but if you're not (you're not) you don't need to use a character sheet like that. You're only limiting yourself by getting bogged down with slow computers.

In terms of character investment, I can't see much reason for you to continue playing the same character. You didn't play one for the whole campaign, you didn't really achieve much due to short time. Even though people with quite a lot of character investment (Retech being the main one), they still died however they left a legacy - which in that case was a house.

EDIT: I would say that in terms of not roleplaying we are on the extreme end of the spectrum. I have joined an IRC channel where the people are literally roleplaying as PbP games, but even without that (which I think is a little extreme) it would be nice if we did something like that, but obviously we can't because by playing super one-dimensional characters that are only really based around weaponry it's not going to be as fun.

qTLQRuS.png

Comparing firearms to crossbows isn't really fair, because crossbows are terrible in general.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I was going to have a play by post game here, but Archi discouraged me because we're the most godawful group in the universe when it comes to roleplaying.

Also he convinced me that my setting idea was terrible.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You know a Heavy Repeating Crossbow with the Endless Ammunition ability would have the same DMG as a rifle at 1.5x the range and none of the drawbacks, right? It's even got a similar property as what allowed me to add DEX to DMG, just in the form of a feat that uses INT.

Anyways, built a new character you've got nothing to complain about. https://dl.dropboxus...254/HÃ¥kon.xlsm

Though I rolled Long Life for both minor and major blood ability, what should I do about that? I don't think it's reasonable for a human to have an estimated lifetime of 1616 years. Also what does that +2 mod in bloodline mean?

EDIT: Actually, that lifetime would make sense since I'm of house Anselheim, and Lord Anselheim is 103 years old and still going, though it depends on how young he still looks.

EDIT 2: No, wait, the estimated lifetime is 8016 years, 1616 is for just major ability.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Thanks for creating the character. I will look over as soon as I can.

You can reroll either (major, minor) if you want, but if not you are effectively immortal. Depending on how this turns out, then downtime may be a benefit.

I have made an error in Ansehelm. It is not the Royal House of Fleton, it has the throne of the wildlands - it has no presence in Fleton. Furthermore, the king has a dark past that may not be helpful You can if you want, although it's probably better if the whole party joins one - free castle and all.

Nex you are right.

qTLQRuS.png

I was going to have a play by post game here, but Archi discouraged me because we're the most godawful group in the universe when it comes to roleplaying.

Similarly, I was thinking about reworking my Choose your Adventure thing into one.

Still, now that we know we're terrible at roleplaying, can we make an effort to improve? And on a related note, can we have a bit more information on the setting?

When I get a free moment (waking up early to do homework at the moment)

It's just the old setting, although I will try to write up a few notes on the houses + history. The main differences are:

Rehill is now totally Uzram.

Wizards Guild partially collapsed.

Death of a few NPCs

Mather, I am going to change the rules for guards so people have a stipend. Just working on a base price.

Currently I have:

1-5: Level squared * 25 gp

6-10: level cubed * 25 gp

This means people would have a choice of buying a war ogre for all their stipend along with a bit of their own, or just get three human mooks if you have 15000 gp. Price would be fortnightly, stipend would be monthly.

I gave an extreme example, people were describing how the wind blew which I don't think anybody here has the patience to do - but I suppose it may be nice if people try to a little.

-

How do we feel about templates? Initially the picking and choosing of templates created some pretty overpowered characters.

Templates will be more powerful than level boons, so after three level boons the template would manifest.

Also, these are your class skills due to being a noble:

Diplomacy

Intimidate

Handle Animal

Knowledge (all skills, taken individually)

Profession (all skills, taken individually)

Ride

Sense Motive

Please check characters done for Saturday so I have a day to check over them.

-

Anybody in House Lambert, please discuss what you want with your fortress and where you want it located. Maybe one of the islands? The northernmost one near Thinebarrow seems like a good location. Or (it will be harder) one in the wildlands.

120,000 GP spending budget for the castle. Use SGB rules. Not underground, (make it as a mountainous region, and then insert insert it underground if you want). I'll be fairly liberal about upgrading.

qTLQRuS.png