Wands/books vs staffs?

MotherBrainII

I'm well aware that this is the third thread I've made in herre in a week, sorry. But I can't seem to find anyone who actually knows what they're talking about anywhere other than here.

Is a wand/book setup better or worse in general than a staff of the same tier? In particular, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a virtus wand and book over a chaotic staff, disregarding cost? I'd appreciate in-depth answers as opposed to a simple yes/no.

You have less overkill if you're "dual casting". Other than that, the DPS is exactly the same, both for normal attacks and for abilities. Can't go any more in depth than that, really. Lol.

Edit: the bonus damage you get from virtus armor favors dual casting.

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the DPS thing. :)

Yeah, this is rather important since I do own a set of virtus. It's common sense, but is it confirmed that this is actually how it works? Do we know for a fact that the 74 extra damage is applied after the 50% staff multiplier rather than before?

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the DPS thing. smile.gif

Yeah, this is rather important since I do own a set of virtus. It's common sense, but is it confirmed that this is actually how it works? Do we know for a fact that the 74 extra damage is applied after the 50% staff multiplier rather than before?

Pretty sure there isn't a 50% staff multiplier and thats why wand/book is a hell of a lot better then staves. Assuming you can afford the 30mil + for teir 70 +

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

There is a 150% staff multiplier, on top of a 150% speed multiplier, just that neither apply to ability casts.

Why is it that dual wield is still better with mommentum then?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

For every 2 abilities you do, you'll get 1 auto attack at 150% damage with staff and 2 auto attacks at 100% dmg with wand/shield. You also have the benefit of being able to use a shield and maintain the same dps (assuming you don't need the accuracy from the book).

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun