Question regarding how hitting and str level works in 07scape.

I remember even before the constitution update Jagex said that decimal hits still existed, but all your hits where rounded down.

So say your max hit was 5.5, you would only have half the chance to hit 5, as you would hit 0/1/2/3/4.

And say at level 66 str you can punch a 7.9, there will be little difference in DPS by getting 67 str allowing you to hit a 8.0.

Have I got my facts right here?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Yep, decimals are used and floored for damage.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

And here's me thinking I was being smart to stop at 43 strength while training attack because the next few strength levels don't increase my max hit.

Still worth keeping track of for PVP purposes. You'd rather have a small chance of hitting a high number, over an extra cb level without an increase in max hit.

It also solves the mystery as to why I tended to hit other values much more often than I did my max hit despite them having the same chance under my assumption it was rounded down to integers, I begrudgingly put it down as confirmation bias.

CNqWHdA.jpg

And here's me thinking I was being smart to stop at 43 strength while training attack because the next few strength levels don't increase my max hit.

Still worth keeping track of for PVP purposes. You'd rather have a small chance of hitting a high number, over an extra cb level without an increase in max hit.

It also solves the mystery as to why I tended to hit other values much more often than I did my max hit despite them having the same chance under my assumption it was rounded down to integers, I begrudgingly put it down as confirmation bias.

If you're going to stop training at a certain level to maximize PvP effectiveness, research which levels give you an "extra" boost when using potions. For example, at level 93 strength you only get +18 strength levels from drinking a super strength pot, whereas at level 94 you get +19.

77yLQy8.png