How do Jad healers work in OSRS?

Powerfrog

IIRC, they don't respawn if you kill them, and they have to be trying to attack you in order to not heal him.

I may be wrong

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

http://forum.tip.it/...he-fight-caves/

Scroll down to the Jad part. some of the pics don't work anymore but you should be able to figure it out. If you do it like it says in the guide, the healers shouldn't be an issue (that part was written with 1 def pures in mind). I was fortunate to have a southeast spawn when I got my cape last month and didn't have any problems w/ the healers.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

If you can lure jad to be right along west side of Itally rock, or the south side of north outcrop, you should be able to hit all the healers, without them even being able to come attack you, because they'll be stuck on jad.

When I did it, one of them managed to get around to me and attack me, so I just killed the one.

He didn't respawn, but I'm not really sure what mechanics there are on that.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

If you can lure jad to be right along west side of Itally rock, or the south side of north outcrop, you should be able to hit all the healers, without them even being able to come attack you, because they'll be stuck on jad.

When I did it, one of them managed to get around to me and attack me, so I just killed the one.

He didn't respawn, but I'm not really sure what mechanics there are on that.

This

Was going to use this technique after dying a couple of times to healers (55 Defense in monk's robes wasn't enough to tank even one healer for long enough to kill it)

But then I got south spawn when I finally went for it

They can be right next to Jad as long as they're trying to attack you, but I guess you can't melee Jad or else they can heal him. So just do your typical ranging/maging/whatever setup.

Healers doesnt respawn if you kill 1-3 of them and they wont heal jad as long as they are targeting you. You can also kill all of them but im not sure how they respawn in that situation.

iKhvZOZ.png4F4hQZ4.png

OK cool thanks for the advice, looks like we have the easiest rendition of them then :)

I know at a time there were 8 total so kill 4 and 4 more come, then no more after that and of course when they healed regardless if they were aggro'd as long as they were close to Jad, ugh..

I'm going to be meleeing the caves with blood barrages as healing, I think I might just barrage the healers and take them out. Then poison Jad and hide, to minimize my chances of messing up :P

i think it has to do with how much HP Jad has when you kill them.

Wait so there are 8 healers then? I think the other 4 used to spawn when Jad hit half hp (so if he had less than half hp when the first 4 died, no more would come...)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Pretty sure the 8 healer thing came later.

Also, do you still need to re-attack after changing prayers? Wasn't that added a long time ago?

Changing prayers and combat styles used to take you out of combat.. Meaning if you didn't right click to attack, you wouldn't auto attack until you retailiated again.

Yes, it did suck. Bad.

My failures at Jad still haunt me to this day.. hopefully I can finally claim a fire cape this time around on 2007. :mad:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I was at such a high level by the time I started doing fight caves I would easily out damage the healers so never actually lured them. In fact I used to just claw + veng Jad out as soon as he hit half hp so they often didn't even appear.

So old school with low stats will be an interesting challenge for me...

CNqWHdA.jpg