Another Hillarious Scam Attempt [UPD: Page 3]

AMazeOfDeath

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scammer7fu.png

They get funnier and funnier every time. :lol: :lol: Just a little word of advice, if you are going to try to scam someone, make sure you can atleast speak the language with somewhat proficiency. :lol: :lol:

Feel free to post the finniest scam attempts you have had.

Lol I can't believe he didnt see that you said your password was you are an idiot

Lol I can't believe he didnt see that you said your password was you are an idiot

Hahah I know, I can't believe he actually went and tried it. :lol:

Did anyone else notice that all the pm's are to and from the same person? This 'scam' is made up for a few cheap laughs.

That's because you recieve a message from a "name" and you send a message to the "name"

Whenever you have some free time on your hands send a message to a friend, if you have one, and see what it says.

I doubt I could make up anything as funny as this.

"make log out you ban!"

*edit*

and I <3 cabbage. so green, and leafy, and good.

i found a scammer who i think was mentally challenged. he was offering armor trimming, so i traded him a mith square and asked him to trim it for me... he traded me back and said "you can only trim black armor" and gave it back to me :lol:

something funny to do to armor trimmers is i take my guthix legs and normal rune legs and show the rune legs to a trimmer and then say "oh wait, ill just do it myself" and then later show him the trimmed legs.. :P most of them ask me how i did that, and then i reply with, "i thought you knew"

:wink:

one time i was bored so i figured i would make my own fun, i went walking around in the wildy asking people how to get to the barrows (i was on an f2p server), so one guy stopped and said he would "cut my armor" and it would make it increase my attack level :roll:

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

The second that the person who is impersonating a JAGeX staff member incorrectly spells something, that's the tell-tale sign for me. That and there's no crown...

I doubt that any JAGeX staff member would ever use slang like: 'ur'. At least I hope they wouldn't. :oops:

once had someone tell me that theyd make my druids robes into red (zammy robes) for only 45k. i now of armour "trimmers" but not of robe "makers". Desperado.

the other day i was walking with some friends when i saw a dead bird. i said, 'look, a dead bird!' my friends looked in the sky and said 'where?'

once had someone tell me that theyd make my druids robes into red (zammy robes) for only 45k. i now of armour "trimmers" but not of robe "makers". Desperado.

the other day i was walking with some friends when i saw a dead bird. i said, 'look, a dead bird!' my friends looked in the sky and said 'where?'

lmao these are some funny stuff.

One time this guy came up to me in the atlar in varrock and asked me:

(not private chat, but public chat)

Guy: Hello I am Jagex. I need your pass so you wont get banned

Me: how can i trust you?

Guy: Give me your pass so you wont get banned

Me: Wait, one question: Who's the leader of the runescape team?

Guy: uhh

Guy:

Guy:

Guy:

Guy:

Guy: It's none of your buniess

Me: oh

Guy: give me your pass and u will not be banned

Me: ok, it's Scammer

Guy logged off and I Reported him. (that isn't my pass, so dont try it)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't know where these people come from, or how they find me, but here is another one that happened just this morning.

I wasn't even going to save the conversation, but then I thought o well might as well play with this guy and see how far I can take it.

Broken up into 2 parts because the size is too big.

scammerpt15ik.png

scammerpt21tf.png

Aww.. I think I hurt his feelings. O well, that's what he gets for trying to scam people. :P

*edit*

and I <3 cabbage. so green, and leafy, and good.

I luv it when the scammer in trades can't switch items fast enough. Like when i actually bought a rune scimmy for 5k b/c he didn't change it and pressed accept. :D

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

LOL. I run into these scammers all the time.. Just today A girl wanted to buy 300 nats in edgy, gave me a dds and pirate boots (i didn't care for). Knowing nats are 300 per I told her no, she called me a noob who can't do my math so I stuck it in her face, she wanted 233 nats this time for the dds and pirate boots... again she took the boots off... I thought was lame because I didn't want them. Just the thought she thought she was pulling one over on me made me angry.. she again tried it so I told her she was lame for trying such a nooby trick and teleported to Fally...

darkwinter.gif

People try and scam me 24/7 when I am merchanting santas.

The best at the moment are the ones were a high lvl player is buying rune plates at Oziach's and he says he's lagging behind Oziach's (which is in lvl 1 wildy by the way) and then they try and convince you to go and trade there and a mage comes and popes out of no were and acients you and holds you and kills you. There's also the other version of that were you meet them at Edge and they ask you to take them to charge prayer (through lvl 2 wildy :lol: :roll: ).

Now theres the Range guild one were they trade you at range guild and try to get the NPC's to kill you.

Stupid Scammers these days :lol:

i was in the thazzar fite pits (just trainign for fun), and some randomer pms me (i had my priv. chat on because i had just been forum trading). He demands my pw or i ban him. i told him to shut up and put him on ignore. It was just funny that he went thro a list (prob hi scores) and just pmed anyone who had priv chat on.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

nice....

too bad when i was a noob:like lvl 30 i fell for a become a member scam. I recovered the acc b4 ne damage was done though and now everything's good lol

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

i hate scammers so much that if i am bored and someone trys scamming me i say that i will after i take a item to my friend if the scammer will follow i will take the offer. i take the scammer to the wildy after picking some stuf up from the bank and i say i will not kill them. i always keep that promise. however i do cause them to get killed. i wander around in the wildy saying i'm looking for my friend (who doesn't exsist) until i find a group of player killers. then i use the runes i brought to telleport back to lumbridge and say hi to the freashly reaspwaned scammer. lol. i never get the same scammer twice because the scammers wont follow me after the first time

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

well i think the worst scam attempt on me was with other people, this scammer was a real idiot,

him:follow me for 50k this is not a scam

(several people follow him, me included, he leads us upstairs where no one else is)

him: first game: type "this message"

us:this message

(i won)

him:okay every follow me

(we do)

him:2nd game who ever sends the 1st trade offer

(i won again w00t)

him:okay 3rd game

him:who ever trades me the most valuable item!

i left and reported him, i think everyone else did to, pretty subtle huh

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=479665&highlight=

this one is common

Scammer: Free money and full dragon (even though he/she is in f2p world) all you have to do is give me your pass. My dad owns runescape so he can make anything appear in your bank all i need is ur pass.