FSH & EoC

X3EN

The question is, does fsh continue to serve any purpose, even in no-damage slayer tasks, like metal dragons? For all it takes/took to get it, it does not have any stats or bonus to warrant using it.

Even rock climbing boots, which give single-digit armor/lp at least have a high alch value.

FSH... is just the most useless helmet out there in EoC.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

It still retains it's damage and accuracy boosting effects that it had pre-eoc; though after the most recent revisions I'm not sure how they stake up vs the outright damage boost by using gwd/nex gear for higher levels.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It still retains it's damage and accuracy boosting effects that it had pre-eoc; though after the most recent revisions I'm not sure how they stake up vs the outright damage boost by using gwd/nex gear for higher levels.

That's the problem – one of the recent patches (unsure which, but probably the one about 'skill levels matter') changed the way bonus damage is added. For melee, the 15% boost applies to base damage gained from strength alone. Seeing as 1 str level = 1 damage, at level 99 strength, using fsh you get +14 damage. Which brings us to the point that any offensive armor helm is better than fsh.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

That post was such a derp.

They changed levels to make them matter more. 1 strength =/= 1 damage anymore.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1 strength is still 1 damage afaik, it's only attack and defence that were modified to increase slightly exponentially with each level.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I thought they did strength for melee and then we all moaned cause mage and ranged didn't get the same treatment?

Or am I being a derp memory here (If they added some lore to cmb tweaks I'd remember so much more)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Damage has pretty much always been 1 level to 1 point in EOC, with the bulk of the stat coming from your weapon. Pre-30 April, the damage boost from FSH also combined with the weapon's damage and increased it by 15% or thereabouts - not sure if it has been changed since.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't believe the information in this thread was accurate. I have been slaying using blood barrage, and for around 15 tasks my slayer helm did not have have a hexcrest or focus sight on it (wtf right?). My max critical was in the 1550 range. Once I put on a hexcrest, it increased to around 1750. If overload or torment dropped, it would fall back down into the 1500s or so. It appears that hexcrest boosts magic roughly the same as overload, and overload grants 17 levels at 99, which would imply the 16% damage boost is still in place.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting