I Just Want My [bleep]ing Hammer...

Cerri

The title says it all, really. I would like to say that I have a well thought out dissertation on the subject. However, I would just like to point out how ridiculous getting 1000 metal fragments has been, let alone 3000 for all three COSMETIC OVERRIDES. We're not talking about a game-changing new weapon here, just a skin to make them look pretty. And of the three, subjectively speaking, the greathammer is the coolest one, and I use my chaotic maul enough to be worth it.

But acquiring the things are insane. The drop rate is abysmally low. Sure they increased the spawns but it wasn't enough to meet the demand of how many players are trying to collect their fragments. What gives? The most efficient, or in this case, the only way to do it is by camping the spawns. Yeah, you and at least 3 or 4 others, per spawn, per world. If this was a rare actual weapon, then sure, it would be far more worth fighting for kills and wasting supplies on ridiculously low XP. But for something that is purely Fashionscape, this is a little ridiculous.

So yeah, that's my rant. Too much work for too little reward or some shit like that. I guess I could suck it up and not get the hammer, but then I wouldn't be ranting.

You only need 3000 fragments for all three cosmetic overrides.

You have ten full weeks to collect 3000 fragments.

Let's do the math, shall we?

10 weeks = 70 days.

70 days to collect 3000 fragments.

That amounts to 42.85 fragments per day.

Can you get at least 43 fragments from the NPCs a day? Yes?

Thought so.

And if you only want *one* of the reskins, it's 14.28 fragments per day, or 15 rounded up.

But we want it now!! :P.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

100 a day is trivial to get considering that even killing sparingly (as in just killing when you see stray ones) and skilling when there isn't a target, you'll easily get 100 fragments long before you get a daily 2k (2k daily is slightly above the average number of tears a day which you'd need to get all renown based rewards from BOTH sides), so I find absolutely no reason whatsoever to rush Metal Fragments (you'd even get the 6k needed at 100 day long before you'd get the tears you need for both sides rewards).

However, if Jagex decided it was a good idea to introduce MORE overrides, then I'd rant with you. you need to go out of your way to get fragments pretty much if the daily fragment requirement exceeds about 150 or so.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

However, if Jagex decided it was a good idea to introduce MORE overrides, then I'd rant with you. you need to go out of your way to get fragments pretty much if the daily fragment requirement exceeds about 150 or so.

Pretty sure they made it so that you can get both faction's overrides. So, 6,000 total fragments in 10 weeks.

So thats more like 86 fragments per day. Doesn't sound like much, but in actuality, that takes a fair bit of time to collect, as they do not drop that frequently. While for some that's not a problem, I unfortunately am not able to play every day, due to IRL commitments. I realize this is my own problem, but nonetheless it puts me into a more "casual" player category than some others who have more time.

But the fact of the matter remains, it's still a LOT of work for what seems like not much of a reward.

86 fragments is like an hour -.-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that still come out to 34 hours or so, for just one side's items? Sure, you can stretch that out over 10 weeks, but they're cosmetic overrides: is there a good reason for them to take that much time?

Assuming that number is right, of course

• Like 1

I've been able to get onto rs for a couple of hours a day, I've unlocked 2 cosmetic so far and got 500 frags to a third one. The drop rate increase, linked with increase spawn and more instanced world has made it much easier to accumulate fragments. One way that is quite good is to sit at the entrance ofyour own base and tag any opposing npcs that enters your base as they get 1 hit K.O. by the sentries. Each day i've comfortably getting 300-400 frgas in the time it takes me to get 2.5-2.8k tears(I've never capped..)

This helps to save spamming abilties and time for me and it is a more relaxing way of accumulating tears and fragments than camping at the opposing npcs base.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

The event isn't designed for someone to get all of the rewards from both sides. If a player chooses to so be it, but the point is for you to pick a side and fight for that side. The rewards come from fighting and collecting tears for that side.

• Like 2

-Ethan