sacred metal fragment gathering

Diomedus

Is there a fast way to gather it? So far I've been just running around killing the various soldiers/champions/butcher demons, but I've only got like 250ish so far. I also just got the 3 items to make the weapons today. The event is ending soon, so I'd like to try to get them. What's a good way? I saw a method of standing at the gate and sniping them as they go in to your camp. Is that better?

Also Is the armor worth getting at my level or would it be better to just get xp lamps?

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

Also used 'node find' fc they will call metal nodes to hop to for fast gathering.

If you devote enough time u can clear 1k in a day.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The killing method only really works if there is no one else on your world killing, if you cannot see any available mobs after running around the battlefield in 1 lap, hop onto a much lower population world.

The FC should only be used if you really are that desperate for the metal fragments, since getting the same amount of fragments using the FC takes much longer than killing, and is only really useful for getting past the limit.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

If you choose Emax's method, it is highly recommended that you use dual wield magic or ranged for their higher autoattack frequency.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

You will find the weapon parts on the battlefield randomly (skilling or killing), which consists of: Icyenic Bowstaff, Staffhead and Hammerhead, and Infernal Bowstaff, Staffhead and Hammerhead. Click on the weapon part with 1000 fragments in your inv, and you will be prompted, click on yes, and that weapon override will unlock, and the item and 1000 fragments will dissappear.

tim_chenw2.png

The weapon parts are a lot more common when killing npc's than when skilling metal resource points. I got all three Sara parts in about an hour and a half of killing, and I know people who have been getting every metal resource spawn they can for the last couple of weeks and have only gotten one or two.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...