Tip.It Times Presents: The Rares Market

oddfaery2

I think its a clan of merchants doing this. Although it seems to have settled back down now. I'll go back and take another look.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, i think this will have an effect on the market for at least a few days.People keep running off when someone says they want 70M for there purple.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Ps: I bet my money that you will hide this post as soon as you see it so everyone who respects you in the community will not notice the truth.

Dukes respected for more than being a great merchant. And you should know better. Seems to me like your seeking for a hidden agenda is way off. The rares market is probably the most intresting in Runescape and the only people who can really give an insight are the oens who have experienced it.

Your the only one with the problem here. Duke has posted his views for us all to judge, we have contested them and not all of us agree and he has even said that they may not be right.

He's basing it on history not just making figures up of the top og his head.

Signature3.gif

you know i agree with you guys phats are gonig up in an astronomical rate as the market is getting more and more exclusive there bound to crash soon and when it does ppl are going to lose millions but it basically their fault i mean who are the ones who can really afford them : the merchants .and who raises the prices : the merchants but when you think about it whos going to be able to afford all these these i mean whats the point of paying 200 mil for a phat when it does nothing i rember back in the old days when they were so cheap god if only i would have bought one id would have been set for ever but i mean back then you didnt think abotu it it was jsut a silly hat that did nothing and everyone was mroe intrested in armor and weapons funny how last year i bought my santa and green mask for 1.5 mil prices have gone id say roughly 1500% sicne then but really when you think aobtu it there not worth anything and not reliable to depend on money becuase there value goes up and down every day

I completely agree with Satenza, I spoke to Duke and that certainly was not his intention when writing the article. We dont even know if it had anything to do with the raise anyway, it could just be a coinidence.

Omario, please use full stops! lol

md666.gif

haha... duke guess we meet again... mi is nghaihong.... one of the merchanters alst time ...

lol quitted rs n sold my phats to friend for sgd...lol...but nice calculation though... no wonder u are the richest guy in rs...haha...dun forgot tat the merchanter market is very small now...as many ppl quit with hats in their acc and money... thus phats temporary wont rise so much cuz it is almost the same old gang who is merhcanting themselves

Thus is so stupid to earn one yr merchanter friend mnoey while he lose money lol...

I truly enjoyed how the author butchered the english language especially considering last week's article.

They black hole is now took out of the game and the shop where you could buy disks of returning is no longer there.

Return to Top

Bravo.

The guy he mentioned with the disks was rumored to have 150-200. I saw him buy most of them, and if people remember discs, I think they'll go way past 10m.

Also I'd aire on the side of caution when talking about masks. Hes probably right though. Stock up on p hats!

Great article, Duke.

It's amazing how much people will pay for a silly colored hat...... :shock:

It's more than just a colored hat, its a status symbol. It says either 'I have lots of money","I have played this game for a long time" or sometimes both.

its me, E S c A

MSSW3sig.png

Loved it, but what about the time in january when all the 15k players where banned, didnt that affect the phat prices?

i think it did. i think for a while at laest the price jumped. maybe it will keep skyrocketing because of this as well as the other factors.

tipitlessersigea3.png

sorry for the long quote, but these are some major untrutyhs that need debasing. my stuff is at the bottom

also i am amazed that someone was willing to take accurate data on rare items for such a long time. i really liked the graphs; being a visual learner, they aided me greatly.

I MUST HONESTLY SAY I AM AMAZED!

Where is the Tip.it staff on this one?

This article is CLEARLY an abuse of power from Duke Freedom. Who saw this coming all the way and had it planned.

I think Tip.it holds a great responsibility. Releasing an article like this is not a smart move.

Tip.it is possibly the most respected Runescape fan site.

They should know that releasing predictions on the rare prizes can have huge consquences on the prices.

Duke Freedom cannot be trusted. He is running around in the house of Merchants where people with dirty minds scheme on rare prices and manipulate the Runescape forums.

His hand is too far down the cookie jar. I SAY SLAP IT NOW!

I can't believe tip.it would let something like this be posted. It's really ticking me off.. As I just said. This site has a responsibility. Where is the decency?

Okay, fine.. Write an article about rares and their history. And predict that they will raise in price for a long time. BUT GIVE THOSE PRICES???

My goodness.

I can honestly say I dislike you Duke Freedom. I dislike you and all the power you have. You should be banned from the tip.it community for this.

And I bet my money that you're behind a big portion of the price manipulation going on in the Rs forums.

Phat prices is a feeble subject, you tinkered too much with it. Who are you to do that? This is something up to the discussion between the players.

LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE.. DONT DICTATE THE PRICES LIKE THAT TO THE PUBLIC!

Ps: I bet my money that you will hide this post as soon as you see it so everyone who respects you in the community will not notice the truth.

Freaking capitalist...[/u]

i think you need to calm down. duke freedom was just saying his thoughts as to the current inflation rate and projecting that over the course of several months. stockbrokers do it all the time, although not as publicly. all his article will do is probably increase trading from all the people who said they were going to buy some and save for later. just because he says he hypothesizes prices will be this high at a certian time does not necesarily make it true also it does not mean it will have any direct effect on prices now or near that time. thus you can stop being so rabid about his Capitalistic ideas. he is not abusing his power and should not be banned for writing one of the best times articles i have ever read. so cool off, everyhting will be okay 8)

tipitlessersigea3.png

Without rares, RuneScape's economy would be looking much different.

Like, for example, people would be buying things they actually need.

Well, it's not like rares generate any new money in the economy. They

just push around the GP which is already in existence, so without the rares,

we would still have 10% of the population controlling 90% of the money.

They just wouldn't have anything to spend all that money on. Since the

rares market never introduced any money into the economy, there would

probably be about the same amount of raw GP in circulation.

But here's the real brain-buster folks. Chew on this. If people didn't have

rares to spend all their money on, and there was still the same amount of

money in the economy, then ...

A. People would have higher skills (most likely). A reluctance to sell off

their rares can be a big issue in people not having enough money to train

their stats.

B. The average level of wealth would increase. Instead of 1,000 people,

each controlling %.099 of the economy, we'd have more of those high

level people buying things from the lower level people, instead of spending

all their cash on paper hats. :?

And finally ...

C. The number of people playing RuneScape would be cut by at least %50.

That's right. As ridiculous as I think it is, the status that wearing a P-Hat brings

is something that many people strive for. Without this long term goal in mind,

all the mindless work and boring repitition in RuneScape would seem less

worthwhile, and many people would quit after playing only for a short period

of time. (Ex. Introduce your friend to the game, all he sees is mindless

gruntwork, stops playing after 4 days.)

By the way, -C- also applies to extremely expensive armors and weapons,

whether they are rare or not.

Yes, as much as it sucks folks, the rares-market is a neccessary evil. Not

to the RuneScape economy, as many would like to claim, but to the survival

of RuneScape on the whole.

8)

By the way ... the next time I see my dog eating something, I AM GOING TO

GO RIGHT UP TO HIM AND STARE IN HIS FACE UNTIL HE GIVES

ME A PIECE OF IT. *mutter*

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

Loved it, but what about the time in january when all the 15k players where banned, didnt that affect the phat prices?

i think it did. i think for a while at laest the price jumped. maybe it will keep skyrocketing because of this as well as the other factors.

Oh yeah, and this only affected prices because people who owned P-Hats

spread around a rumor, telling everyone that many of the people who

were banned had owned P-Hats, and therefore there were less in circulation.

They used this as an excuse to raise their prices of course. Hopefully

nobody was taken in by this, since there was no proof that anyone banned

had a P-Hat.

And about that article in general ... I think articles like these are just a way

for people to show off how many big words they know that relate to the economy,

and (in a round-about sort of way) manipulate prices themselves.

Sorry, but I would much rather discuss the content in the game than some

fictional economy. Let's face it ...

Any way you slice it, the RuneScape economy is RUN BY TEENS with high-speed

modems. A recipe for disaster ... :)

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

Yea thats true, I was planning on buying bulk phats except after the "ban" they went up dramaticly high! Except when i heard the rumor, i thought it might be true, as macros have a lot of money, so they could have phats. I dont know whether this is true but i expect it probally is

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

~R.I.P~ Old Nite. Your Generosity will NEVER be forgotten ~R.I.P~

why do phats cost so much? i dont know what to say

if a lvl 3 guy found 1 in the floor why do we got to buy them for milions?

im lvl 46 cobat and i think 10k is great

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also Phats went up high for another reason: Amounts. After the big ban the rumor spread not just because of the ban, because if they did have phats the amount of them would decrease. Well of course the merchants and traders took advantage of this (me included :oops: ) and they increased the prices, hoping that it worked.

It did, and now the amount of phats have decreased yet again, so probally they will increase yet again!

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

if the prices are growing and growing i would like that jagex blocked the rare items as it seems that higl lvl ppl arent REALLY playng he game to have fun it seems they just do it to have new things

that would be great hahahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I new somebody would say that, well i think its for popularity. Rares cost a lot so it says on the rs player, that they are rich. I mean i have a small rare for F2P (blk kite g) and nearly every1 says where did yu get that?

if yu dont agree its fyne, i think this is the main reason tho

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

why is the rare items going like crazy in runescape?

i got a lvl 80 friend i found in a month 1 month later he was in lvl 81

and guess what? he told me he was getin money to a phat a stupid paper hat worth 1 month of work

Yu think like jagex, well jagex thought the same as yu and now they made the new rares (e.g scarf and jester hat) untradeable. But they decided to keep the phats and masks and otha drops tradeable, i dont know the reason for this but i expect they wanted some tradeable rares.

Like i said in my 2nd last post, rares are all about popularity, so the bunny ears are non-tradeable, but they still are popular

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

exactly my point, he was lvl 80 so he wanted to be popular, if he didnt have any rares, it would look like hes weak and feeble.

Also lvl 3s have them, i think its a symbol of purity =P

Egg+Or+Bacon.png