Tip.It Times Presents: The Rares Market

oddfaery2

I like the article. I'm also very happy with the graphs, I wanted to see something like this before.

And, indeed, I bought like 20 santas during the RS2 depression and they're now 40 times as expensive.

I only think that the amounts of rares you mention in the article, are an underestimate. There are always tons of people wearing a santa hat online, and most people who have a santa, have multiple of them. 15000 just seems not enough to explain that.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tmottbg said

It's amazing how much people will pay for a silly colored hat......
And i agree, besides, ud think people would run outa money and not pay any more right? whats up with people these days...

Trainer13.png

Current goal status: Money for Full Gunthans.

Current money making strategy: Red Cinchompas and Fletching.

Fresh ideas are the base of the world, run out and the world is dead.

YOu said that before when the prices of party hats were up for a bit of time and the lesser rares were down, the lesser rares went up. I have been thinking of buying a few masks for looks and for an investment. I think now would be a good time because it seems to me the masks are dropping in price. In your opinion, is this a good investment. Sorry if i misunderstood anyting, since i am new to the rares market.

I just thought of something - the "small" rares could end up like the party hats, with a period of exponential growth, i.e., since they are more "accessible" to average players the demand will increase. P hats will probably grow at the same rate until their range is like 500 mil - 2 bil, in which case demand would lower.

Too bad history is the exact opposite if what I just said :lol:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Very Good Article In rares, as i specialize in them myself :roll: I enjoyed reading it but they have improved in price as the first reply said :)

Anyway It was a very intresting read

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

~R.I.P~ Old Nite. Your Generosity will NEVER be forgotten ~R.I.P~

Also Would The Greater Rares Eventually Start Decreasing. i.e 3 Blue Masks Increase To 30Mil, After Say This Amount Wouldnt They Start Decreasing Because Of The Little People That Own That Money?

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

Yet Again (sorry about all the posts) I dont think its fair on rares, for the simple reason some colours have higher demand than others i.e Blue Party Hat has higher demand than Green Party Hat. I dont understand this as they are all rares who cares what colour it is?

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

I dont understand this as they are all rares who cares what colour it is?

The people who buy them for the looks care about that ;).

And yes, masks and santas have changed in price drastically since the creation of this thread and the graphs, which was only a couple of days ago :). Not surprised by the recent [bleep]ing in especially mask prices as I've been expecting it to happen for a while already.

I wonder what prices they'll peak to and whether they will drop down a bit or not though.

Darn, I should have swapped my 20 santa hats for 20 green masks.

It would be so handy to be able to predict hte future!

The fact that the masks change to more than 150% of the original price in a few days, means there must be manipulation, and that only a few people control this. Who are those people. Are you one of them, Duke_Freedom?

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Excellent article. I was around on RS2 a year and 8 months ago when phats were around the 30mill mark. Now they are over 100mill each. :shock: Quite a rise in price indeed. All my other rares I have in the bank seem to also have gone up in price now too - so it seems it's worth while me keeping hold of them all. ;)

Yea, but if yu DO have rares and want to keep them for profit, i suggest dont wait for too long otherwise they will probaly start decreasing.

I think soon if Jagex dont include more rares, the rares market is gonna be completely forgotten? Who Agrees?

Egg+Or+Bacon.png

Good article. Very intriguing predictions, if they are true (which somehow I don't think they are) yay for people holding onto even small rares for a long time.

"If ignorance is bliss...then knock the smile off my face!"

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha

Anyone know the real reason why Jadex stop introducing more rare collection for after the mask set and santa ?

Other then complaint from new player who dont get to pick one free at the launch, I personally think why it was stopped as it does not help to bring in more p2p members.

Recent introduction of p2p trimmed amour are more likely to attract more p2p membership then those rare in the earlier years

As a f2p, rare are about the only investment that will yield a good rate of return over a time.

But i guess rare is also the only investment worth collecting for p2p members as well.

Member items like abyss whip or sara amour are not likely to appreciate in price as a long term investment ; they will only appreciate in value if they are discontinued when their number stop growing.

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

last year when i comment that those non tradable items are a waste of Jadex time, i was shoot left right center.

funny but now most forumer are positive on rare as a investment in this rare posting now ......

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

I MUST HONESTLY SAY I AM AMAZED!

Where is the Tip.it staff on this one?

This article is CLEARLY an abuse of power from Duke Freedom. Who saw this coming all the way and had it planned.

I think Tip.it holds a great responsibility. Releasing an article like this is not a smart move.

Tip.it is possibly the most respected Runescape fan site.

They should know that releasing predictions on the rare prizes can have huge consquences on the prices.

Duke Freedom cannot be trusted. He is running around in the house of Merchants where people with dirty minds scheme on rare prices and manipulate the Runescape forums.

His hand is too far down the cookie jar. I SAY SLAP IT NOW!

I can't believe tip.it would let something like this be posted. It's really ticking me off.. As I just said. This site has a responsibility. Where is the decency?

Okay, fine.. Write an article about rares and their history. And predict that they will raise in price for a long time. BUT GIVE THOSE PRICES???

My goodness.

I can honestly say I dislike you Duke Freedom. I dislike you and all the power you have. You should be banned from the tip.it community for this.

And I bet my money that you're behind a big portion of the price manipulation going on in the Rs forums.

Phat prices is a feeble subject, you tinkered too much with it. Who are you to do that? This is something up to the discussion between the players.

LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE.. DONT DICTATE THE PRICES LIKE THAT TO THE PUBLIC!

Ps: I bet my money that you will hide this post as soon as you see it so everyone who respects you in the community will not notice the truth.

Freaking capitalist...[/u]

I MUST HONESTLY SAY I AM AMAZED!

Where is the Tip.it staff on this one?

This article is CLEARLY an abuse of power from Duke Freedom. Who saw this coming all the way and had it planned.

I think Tip.it holds a great responsibility. Releasing an article like this is not a smart move.

Tip.it is possibly the most respected Runescape fan site.

They should know that releasing predictions on the rare prizes can have huge consquences on the prices.

Duke Freedom cannot be trusted. He is running around in the house of Merchants where people with dirty minds scheme on rare prices and manipulate the Runescape forums.

His hand is too far down the cookie jar. I SAY SLAP IT NOW!

I can't believe tip.it would let something like this be posted. It's really ticking me off.. As I just said. This site has a responsibility. Where is the decency?

Okay, fine.. Write an article about rares and their history. And predict that they will raise in price for a long time. BUT GIVE THOSE PRICES???

My goodness.

I can honestly say I dislike you Duke Freedom. I dislike you and all the power you have. You should be banned from the tip.it community for this.

And I bet my money that you're behind a big portion of the price manipulation going on in the Rs forums.

Phat prices is a feeble subject, you tinkered too much with it. Who are you to do that? This is something up to the discussion between the players.

LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE.. DONT DICTATE THE PRICES LIKE THAT TO THE PUBLIC!

Ps: I bet my money that you will hide this post as soon as you see it so everyone who respects you in the community will not notice the truth.

Freaking capitalist...[/u]

You've got a real problem, man. I highly respect Duke Freedom for doing posting such a detailed study on rares. If he wants to predict the price of rares, I say go ahead! He expressly said, "Predicting future rare prices is like buying a ticket in the lottery." He wasn't saying that is for certain the way it is going to be, he's just giving his own rough estimate.

ahahaha it's kind of funny that I was mentioned in this article. :P

Yup, now people can guess if it was for the half wines or the disks lol. ;)

The views represented in these articles by The Editor or any author do not necessarily represent those of Tip.it or our staff.

ZtyX - I believe I made it very clear that the predictions given were only my own expectations on the future prices and have a huge chance of being way off from the reality. Plus, the price predictions were, like I said, mostly based on the history, which doesn't take into account tons of things that could happen this year. People are free to disagree with any or all the predictions I made and should make choices on their own judgement, not on mine.

Furthermore...

...I hope you never get a gambling addiction as you would loose all your money pretty quickly then.

The latest from fally world 2...

purpcrash1.jpg

purpcrash2.jpg

purpcrash3.jpg

purpcrash4.jpg

Just some price manipulators?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.