Underestimated moneymaker?

Umoria

So here I am, at Gnome Tree Village. I was a little bored and I was scrolling through my bank. I saw tortoise shells in my bank and figured out they were worth 16K!

I tried to kill the tortoises in Gnome Tree Village, allthough its really easy kill. I ended up with 12 shells in 15-20 minutes. Wich is a total of 194K.

Today I went back, now I ended up with 16 shells wich is worth 259K with no real effort, and no real time wasting. Tortoises drop 1-3 shells when they drop, and I found out its not a really rare drop either.

My question: am I just being very very lucky with the drops? Is it really worth it to be 30 minutes there and fill an inventory with shells a day or so? And the question from title: is it a moneymaker?

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

I don't think it's too bad but I can certainly think of much better money makers.  Perhaps for someone with very little PVM skill or slightly lower level this would be a viable lazy option. :P

What combat style and method were you using?  With some optimization I imagine you could gain quite a few more kills/hr.

Tortoises are weak to air spells and only lvl 72 but I used Bandos tassets, boots and chest, ags, neitzinot helmet, ring of wealth and glory amulet.

There are only 3 tortoises there, and 1 has 3 gnomes on his back, and they attack you when you kill the tortoise. But I slash through them like they dont exist. The gnomes are ranger, mage and melee guy. Lvl 72 too.

Att: 76

Str: 79

Def: 77

Certainly, for some lower levels it would be good to get some easy money. The thing is: I cant think of something that nets the same wealth, in that time, and without the effort.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

If you want shells, kill Warped Tortoises instead. There are a lot more of them in one place than normal tortoises. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Yeah its hardly underestimated when warped torts are a reasonably popular slayer task precisely because they drop a lot of shells which are valuable thanks to being a summoning secondary.

I always find it kinda cute/funny when people think they have 'discovered' some unknown money source in content/items that have not been effected by an update in months or years. But alas Yu haven't, its been that way for years and if it is remotely decent to make money people know about it and have done since like 1 month max after the last update to have a major effect on it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wouldnt say I discovered it, but it caught my attention that a shell is worth some thing and people dont mention it for some easy moneymaking.

Umoria.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah its hardly underestimated when warped torts are a reasonably popular slayer task precisely because they drop a lot of shells which are valuable thanks to being a summoning secondary.

I always find it kinda cute/funny when people think they have 'discovered' some unknown money source in content/items that have not been effected by an update in months or years. But alas Yu haven't, its been that way for years and if it is remotely decent to make money people know about it and have done since like 1 month max after the last update to have a major effect on it.

I don't know if I'd really call it popular anymore.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems that "efficient" slaying has really taken over and most guides say to block warped tortoises.