Duo Nex!

Blutters

I'm wondering what gear and strategy my friend and I should use for duoing Nex.

We're both maxed in all combat disciplines, and know the general details of the phases, but have only fought Nex with one person a designated tank in a trio.

I have all Player-Owned Port armor sets, and he has all Nex armor sets. We could, however, trade for level 90 gears if necessary.

I have Ascension Crossbows and Drygore Maces, and he has Death Lotus Darts and Drygore Maces.

We've both done Fate of the Gods, and are hoping for 1-2 kills a trip. I'm sure with experience, we could do more, but this is just a starting base.

Any and all advice at the moment would be helpful.

2dgucz6.png

Having one person with incite and provoke ready at all times is great even in a duo with no tank, because during ice phase, you're going to want to free each other from the ice prisons, so stay close by and break the hell out of those prisons. This also leads to the Zaros phase, where you have to stand in melee range or she's going to tear you a new one with magic, so someone's going to take a decent amount of damage with melee. I've always found the best method is for both of you to take turns with incite on. One kill, your friend does it and get's prison'd/tanks Zaros phase, and then the next kill, you do so :)

Remember that if you're both dpsing, you're both likely gonna be attacking minions, so while ending Shadow phase, you're both killing Ambler (Umbra), so keep an eye out for those unexpected shadow bombs ;)

Whichever one of you is "tanking" the next kill, make sure they have a decent amount of food, even if it leaves the other person with maybe 7 pieces. I'd say around 15 pieces, just to be on the safe side in case you get an evil kill where Nex completely slaughters you. Duo Nex isn't extremely easy, but it's a lot easier than solo Nex.

I would personally heavily recommend the upgrade to tier 90 armour. It lasts a lot longer than you'd expect (as long as you don't drop the piece you're currently WEARING into your gravestone on death, pieces in your inventory will NOT degrade if dropped in your gravestone), and the extra damage will help out in the long run towards successful kills.

All in all, I wish you both the best of luck, and I hope to see some Nex drops on the screeny thread soon <3:

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

you want to have a designated tank in duo.  tank can dual through blood and should ulti on shadow if your dpser is good enough to get past blood ulting by himself.  otherwise, both tank and dps should ulti blood.  ice phase you camp shield, cade first prison, immort second, rejuv/cade third if you get one.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

As Yuj said you should have 1 designated dpser and 1 designated tank. I highly recommend t90 armor. 

By the looks of it you should be dpsing and he should be tanking. 

I assume you know the basics of how to trio nex.

Smoke-

Both of you gain adrenaline on the minion (equip shield, res, prep, freedom, escape, ovl/renewal/adren pot, put on off hand and use anticipate as you run over to her.)

Tank should stand on the far side with incite on and voke her onto him. Dps as normal.

Imo your tank should use dual virtus for the non-mage pray kills because mage tanking is way better, I've yet to try range tanking in depth, but I think it might be better than melee tanking (I've always found that I take a really heavy amount of damage in melee gear) 

Anyways, finish phase as normal and kill the minion.

Shadow-

Just dps and get through it quick. Ensure your abilities are off cool down at the end of the phase, which I haven't really had issues with ever as you derp around a bit while your partner kills the minion. Tank should be able to dual wield this phase pretty easily with debilitate. 

Blood-

Partner should use their ultimate, adren pot, max dps etc. Tank should equip offhand and use debilitate right after she siphons then go HAM on nex with thresholds. Make sure you escape the sacrifice. 

Ice- (You'll probably die a lot on this phase if you're a beginner tank.)

Partner should ult if it's off cool down and try and rip nex a new one. You should expect to tank 3 prisons on your first few tries though. To do so use barricade a bit earlier (roughly with enough to time anticipate as she calls a prison) then anticipate and build adrenaline while in the prison, hopefully getting back to full without an adrenaline potion. Use immortality AS SOON AS YOU HIT FULL ADRENALINE and then start building back up to full again (freedom when the prison stuns you obv.) again build to full adrenaline and if you've done it right barricade should be off cool down.

Obviously you'll want a ring of vigour and maybe invigorate or inspiration for your first couple tries. You should also try not to eat any food as you'll be pretty [bleep]ed if you (brews are your friend) 

Queing helps here as you'll be able to gain adrenaline faster, though that's being nerfed soon.

Zaros- 

Tank should shield camp and try and do some damage, partner should use debilitate when she soul splits and devotion when he can, as well as ultimate and adrenaline potion to try and get her down. As you get better at tanking you'll learn to dual wield parts of zeros with debilitate and devotion.

That's a bit brief, but give it a try. Ask questions if you run into problems. Also if anyone's interested in speed nex duo I've done a bit of thinking on that....

swansowrw.png

Perfect_Wave.png

I'm interested in speed nex duos.

Also, excellent description. Pretty much what me and my partner do, with the occasional Swap of who ults which phase (tends to depend on how good my partner is).

Edit: ring of vigor is almost a necessity, even while Mage tanking with queuing, I always seemed to have to Pot the second prison... Have not tried lately, but I have gotten better with my adrenaline, so it could be possible but I wouldn't recommend it for someone inexperienced.

I'm interested in speed nex duos.

Also, excellent description. Pretty much what me and my partner do, with the occasional Swap of who ults which phase (tends to depend on how good my partner is).

Edit: ring of vigor is almost a necessity, even while Mage tanking with queuing, I always seemed to have to Pot the second prison... Have not tried lately, but I have gotten better with my adrenaline, so it could be possible but I wouldn't recommend it for someone inexperienced.

Was starting to think up some methods a while ago I'll see what I can remember. I'm on mobile ATM so sorry for typos etc.

Smoke-

Standard. Go [bleep]ing ham with mid start and surge out finish her as needed.

Tank should natural instinct build to full ult and then build to thresh by the time shadow starts.

Shadow-

Tank goes ham dps goes ham with thresholds. Both of you should kill the minion.

Dps should sunshine and adren pot or build to thresh without adren pot.

Blood-

Dps used ult and goes ham. Tank dual wields and used debilitate and dps thresholds.

Ice-

If you're both range and meleeing it might be best to tag in on a contain this so you can ultimate away from her and be able to [bleep] her up. Tank might not want to use many thresholds so he can build to full for barricade on the prison.

Zaros-

Dual wield with debilitate and devotion when you can. Tank should switch to shield for resonances.

Honestly I haven't nexed in a while and I'd need to buy gear and find a good duo partner to really test some stuff.

You can find good examples on YouTube (ex search something like nex duo speed kills) and on twitch (damp cat streams duo nex sometimes and he's really good)

Yes by ultimates sunshine/ds/zerk is meant. You'll never use a different dps ultimate at nex.

swansowrw.png

Perfect_Wave.png