Melee training for a 1 defence pure?

Tobes1000

Ok, since legacy beta came out I had been working on a pure account that I had used before eoc. The stats on it werent that great because all i did back then was f2p pk in multi, so Ive been trying to work on it. So far I got 55 attack, 50 str, 51 hp for melee, and I was wondering what a suggested tactic for training would be. Ive been doing giant spiders in stronghold of security but that is starting to get really slow. I was considering trying bandits but I figured that would be a bad idea because protect from melee no longer gives full protection.

If anyone is also trying to train a pure for legacy mode, or has any suggestions for someone with 1 defense that would be very helpful

Thanks

hMYfGrX.jpg?1

Try moss giants or deadly red spiders, those are decent xp per hour. Also, if you want to spend some money on prayer potions, go ahead and kill hellhounds, they're great xp, probably the best xp, however, higher lvl is suggested but I kill them fine and I only got 60 str :) They're enormous xp/hour.

Good luck! :)

justicay.png

My main suggestion would be don't make a 1 def pure.

Pures in general still aren't overly great in legacy, but some can work - but 1 def definitely isn't a workable option because defence is an important part of surviving just in terms of having somewhat decent armour.

To be workable you probably want at least 50 defence for the basic welfare-ish gears.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I suggest low level slayer until you can get a vamp aura and scrim. These are essential to getting the best xp rates since prayers aren't 100% protection aanymore. i have remained 1 def throughout eoc so feel free to PM any questions you have!

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I suggest low level slayer until you can get a vamp aura and scrim. These are essential to getting the best xp rates since prayers aren't 100% protection aanymore. i have remained 1 def throughout eoc so feel free to PM any questions you have!

Ill probably pm you because this is the farthest ive gotten with a pure and all of the pure guides are out of date haha

hMYfGrX.jpg?1

At the moment 1 or 42 (if you pk in eoc for berserker) and 60/75/90 attack are the best pvp builds due to a majority of damage coming off the weapon. They have discussed changing this though

Tranquil.png

The best way to train at low levels if you have a main is to tag high xp monsters on your pure and kill them on your main.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

The best way to train at low levels if you have a main is to tag high xp monsters on your pure and kill them on your main.

Not allowed to have two characters of yourself interact like that though.

Vmser.png

I ended up getting 60 attack doing drs's in the varrock sewer. Just went down with full pathfinder, fury, rune 2h and a cape. Everytime I ran out of an iventory of food I just let them kill me and id respawn with all my armour and items in varrock center then go bank and do it again. Pretty fast xp imo

• Like 1

hMYfGrX.jpg?1

If you can; do var easy tasks for best chest piece and new rune mysteries for best legs/helm. The second will change after eoc though

Tranquil.png