Flipping...

Veiva

I've found a few guides, tried them, meager success.

I have 1 billion gp to use to flip. Lower end materials don't seem to work (1-2% every four hours [on the items, not on my total wealth] is a royal PITA to manage and doesn't seem worth it to me).

To cut to the chase, how do people with a lot of wealth flip? What items in particular? Do they use alts? ...?

ozXHe7P.png

Probably higher level weapons/armor stuff (I would advise caution if you're going to try noxious).  And once you have margins sure, several accounts can be of assistance.  You might want to get the hang of it before shelling out bond money for extra accounts.

Discontinued items is what's available to F2P at that range but they can be rather hit-or-miss depending on the day and how far the actual price is from the GE market.  Investigate some friends chats to help find out current prices (Rare quark, 90weaps fc, nex and ss, etc.).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Probably higher level weapons/armor stuff (I would advise caution if you're going to try noxious).  And once you have margins sure, several accounts can be of assistance.  You might want to get the hang of it before shelling out bond money for extra accounts.

Discontinued items is what's available to F2P at that range but they can be rather hit-or-miss depending on the day and how far the actual price is from the GE market.  Investigate some friends chats to help find out current prices (Rare quark, 90weaps fc, nex and ss, etc.).

Haha, speaking of noxious, I bought the staff + longbow for some TD killing, made 30m after I sold them back (aka I bought for something like 700m combined sold for 730m). Alright, thanks a bunch.

Commodities->gwd items/ports items->nex items->level 90 weapons->lower rares->higher rares

To clarify, this is in order of worst-to-best (proportionate to wealth)?

ozXHe7P.png

Haha, speaking of noxious, I bought the staff + longbow for some TD killing, made 30m after I sold them back (aka I bought for something like 700m combined sold for 730m). Alright, thanks a bunch.

Commodities->gwd items/ports items->nex items->level 90 weapons->lower rares->higher rares

Personally, I wouldn't agree completely with that order in worst-to-best.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Personally, I wouldn't agree completely with that order in worst-to-best.

Ooops, I meant to say 'is this in order of worst-beast (proportionate to wealth)?' rather than 'this is in'... What would you suggest as a general guide, if I may ask?

ozXHe7P.png

I meant in terms of absolute profit :P.  You already have a billion so most commodities probably wouldn't make you a fortune.  Torva could work, along with level 80/90 weaps.  You can play with discontinued items too but they aren't that much profit a lot of times.  Some of it just depends on the day I guess...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Wouldn't commodities still be your "bread and butter" considering the very small buy/sell limit on gwd/ports/nex armors? Fast flips while you're waiting for the 4hr limit to pass?

Unless you found better stuff than I did, getting cut off/readjusting prices 5 times to the net effect of trying to squeeze out another 100k or 200k per commodity you want to flip just isn't worthwhile.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I would do T90 weapons with your cash stack. Nox items are particularly good at the moment. You can get 1m flips within 15 minutes, up to 3-5m each if you're patient enough and a little lucky. Do bigger margins when you go to sleep, out, etc.

You could do some lower rares like masks and santas for 200-500k margins. 

3A I haven't touched myself..

(while writing I flipped 2 ascs 600k ea within 15 mins)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

flipping hats above max is mad gainz with just forum posts as far as effort goes

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Yeah, around 50-100M per flip on whites/blues.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Should I be alarmed if I get an item instantly for less than what I offered?

Should I always stick to something until I sell it at (some) profit, or is there a time where I should take the loss and move onto something else?

I assume having a steady stream of items coming and going is better than making a good profit on one deal.

Should I always stick to something until I sell it at (some) profit, or is there a time where I should take the loss and move onto something else?

I assume having a steady stream of items coming and going is better than making a good profit on one deal.

1. yes

2. if you have a lot of money tied up and you can take a small loss and continue merching

3. mostly

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Once in a while an instant buy can be a good deal from someone else panicing, particularly if you get it for a flat price (even million, for example).  But be careful.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Flipping is profitable because you're trading time for money. So if you get something instantly, it means that you're not going to make a profit. The longer you have to wait, the more profit you'll make. You want to reduce the margin to increase the speed of the deal until your income reaches its maximum.