I can't make a character.

DJxMali

So the other night I decided to make an account on runescape.

(this was two nights ago)

I created the account, verified my email.

when I went to login

I logged in, started creating my character.

But when I tried to name it, it kept saying something about servers being busy.

No matter what I put for the name, I tried literally everything, even the randomized names.

So I logged off, came back on the next day, same thing.

So I logged off again, and it's still doing it today.

I decided to research on it, but apparently  this happened in august and no one has the problem now. .-. Why am I having it?

I'm not sure what's going on.  A friend had the same issue with trying to log into an old account stripped of its name.  He was unable to choose a name, hence not able to log in to that account.  Maybe you could try tweeting Jagex?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm not sure what's going on.  A friend had the same issue with trying to log into an old account stripped of its name.  He was unable to choose a name, hence not able to log in to that account.  Maybe you could try tweeting Jagex?

I don't have a twitter, and Don't want a twitter. :x 

I just wish Jagex would stop hiring employees that obviously don't know what they're doing, back in 07-10 I remember never having ANY problems like this. 

Sometimes it does feel like the Jmods are more interested in answering what kind of cookies they like than actually working.

Unless someone has a miracle solution, I then suggest you take your complaint to the appropriate section of RSOF and then just wait for the best :/.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sometimes it does feel like the Jmods are more interested in answering what kind of cookies they like than actually working.

Unless someone has a miracle solution, I then suggest you take your complaint to the appropriate section of RSOF and then just wait for the best :/.

Would you happen to be able to link me? as I'm using my phone at the moment to browse the net, since my computer is in the other room. 

And, I agree. Completely. They need to get their heads in the game. Runescape has so much potential, and all they care for is releasing new content, other than fixing the content they created.

For instance this name clean up thing, apparently this happened because of that project? It seems as if, anything NEW they try, they screw it up, and than move on without any care in the world.

I guess this thread might be most appropriate, have a look.  [qfc]25-26-8-65380353[/qfc]

You can also send them a tech support ticket here, which might help.

The name clear up project did crash the servers for a day, but I'm not sure if these issues are directly related.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Thanks for the Help, I'll go take a look at these now. (:

and as from what I've read, apparently people had the problem right after the project.

Let us know how/if it gets resolved so we can better advise friends or users who may encounter it in the future :).

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I forwarded this topic to Jagex Support on twitter. Hopefully they can contact either me or you back =).

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I believe I've got another problem. When I try to login to the site, it shows NO errors. yet, it doesn't let me login, it just keeps redirecting me back to the login page.

Is it possible for you to record what happens?

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I believe I've got another problem. When I try to login to the site, it shows NO errors. yet, it doesn't let me login, it just keeps redirecting me back to the login page.

Is it possible for you to record what happens?

I have Gyazo, I can always make a gif of me trying it out?

Try it! It makes things easier to understand, for Jagex too.

Account Help

I merged your post for you =3! Please note that there is an edit button on the bottom left of your post.

What happens if you hit the back button on the lower screen?

• Like 1

Account Help

I merged your post for you =3! Please note that there is an edit button on the bottom left of your post.

What happens if you hit the back button on the lower screen?

Takes me to character creation again.

Can you use a new 'throwaway' mail address to try and create a new account? Just seems like the account creation got halted halfway through the process and from then on it seemed glitched. It then thinks the account is available, when in reality it is not at the same time. This seems the most likely cause/reason.

• Like 1

Account Help

Can you use a new 'throwaway' mail address to try and create a new account? Just seems like the account creation got halted halfway through the process and from then on it seemed glitched. It then thinks the account is available, when in reality it is not at the same time. This seems the most likely cause/reason.

I've already tried making another account, it's done the same exact thing. :/

This is then indeed a curious case, and not one of Benjamin.

Account Help

Was a reference to this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421715/

Account Help

It is weekend now, so I doubt it will be resolved till after it. I will bug Jagex Support then again a couple of times.

By the way, what did you think of my reference =3?

" Oh, jesus "  doesn't really explain if the reaction was positive or negative =D! (Internetz!)

• Like 1

Account Help

I could be wrong here, but certain names can't be used to create new accounts as they were recently freed up...

Have you tried changing the name to something else? Basically keyboard bash for a name and if it works, change your name ingame whenever.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]