I can't make a character.

DJxMali

I could be wrong here, but certain names can't be used to create new accounts as they were recently freed up...

Have you tried changing the name to something else? Basically keyboard bash for a name and if it works, change your name ingame whenever.

I've tried this already.

Jagex says the same thing:

"Sounds like you are using a name that is already taken or reserved for members. LP :)"

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

But he said he tried all sorts of names, including the suggestions Jagex offered.  Those shouldn't be taken :P.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm having the same problem. It's not because the name is taken. I hit my keyboard for a name and it still said "the servers are busy please try again later." It's been happening for around two days now. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. 

For both of you, Jagex has now said the following:

Could you scroll to the bottom of this page please and use the 'contact us' there?:

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Support_-_Security:_Insecure_Email

Best way to contact them from there on.

EDIT:

Skip that step, follow this link here:

https://[LikelyScam]/m=ticketing/account_help_2014_nologin?cat=4

It's the same link they are referring to ;D.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Thanks for all your help, but if they can't resolve this, I'm possibly never going to play Runescape again.

Like I said a few posts earlier, they NEED to get their heads in the game. But it seems like it won't ever happen.

Hopefully Monday their technical team will get on it.  After all you can't get new people playing RuneScape if your account creation system won't even work!

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Another possibility is trying to create it from a different place, e.g. in a Library.

• Like 1

Account Help

Exactly my point. :x Well, you guys are very helpful, so with how much posts I've already made, I might as well stay on the forum. No point in getting that many and just leaving. Especially when the community is pretty decent.

I can't go to a library, as I don't have a library card, nor do I want to use their computers.

At the last library I went to back in 10, runescape was blocked, Couldn't even access their websites. And I don't have a laptop, so I can't take my laptop.

EDIT:

Okay, that was completely odd. I just logged in, typed thew same username i've been wanting, and this time it let me in. .-. wot?

Eh, who cares I'm happy! c:

As per request, I've removed your post.

Account Help

Yeah, try that.  Also make sure you are accepting cookies and that other security on your computer isn't interfering.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Are you sure there isn't a little popup in Chrome at the very far right of the address bar indicating that it is blocking Java or something?  That could be the culprit.  If not looks like you got it anyway :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

What is that shield thing you have in your address bar in Chrome? (Taken from your gifs)

Account Help

I'm 100% as to there is NO little sheild at the top right blocking java. xD

I made sure to enable it. and it still does it.

EDIT: There was during the gifs, because It wasn't enabled, but I've enabled it since than. And it still does it.

Could you list any extensions you may have in use?

Possibly the Key could also pertain a problem, as I've had when I just got McAfee. (That is assuming it is from McAfee, which has a simple just like that).

EDIT: Could you try in incognito mode with all extensions disabled?

Account Help

• 5 weeks later...

Might be cause the rsn you're trying to use is actually taken, even though it' not. Or because jagex doesn't release name batch rsn's to f2p

This has already been solved, it was "caused" by to many people making ironman accounts.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!