Lego's Ultimate Elven Thieving guide [WIP]

cowmaster187

Is it ready?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Guide is done?

• Yes
    • No
    • Almost- if this what is it missing?

I came up with a way to figure out the best routes based on the current VOS. Keep an eye on this guide for that and more 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

based on collected data and projections there are 7 VOS combinations that are over 400k/hr without avatar or black ibis. and as expected most of them involve a myelin VOS. 

VOS seems to affect the xp/hr a lot ( as expected), by up to about 30k/hr difference between a bad VOS and a good one. 30k is a full clans worth of xp. Investing indeed. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

had some time to think while i was mine crafting.

so an hour is 60 minutes long (on earth)

on average i am spending about 5 minutes thieving at each clan

the fewest clans i would be able to thieve from in that hour would be 12, that would mean that as long as you hit the 12 clans that will give you the most xp in that hour that is the best possible xp you can get. if running between clans reduces the amount of time spent thieving by 2.5 minutes overall that is only about a 10-15k difference in xp than tele crystals. Long run big, short run pretty small. if you can get the running between clans down to less than minute over all the difference is almost negligible. But these are all projections so far. it will take a long time for me to get accurate data to be sure. 

I think the best bet is to maximize the time spent at each clan, however jagex seems to have a hard cap on it the things i have tried do not seem to change the maximum duration of the thieving. 

there fore the only way to boost xp would be to use xp % boosting items such as the clan avatar and black ibis. It goes without saying things that do boost the duration are essential to success (trahern exoskeleton and ardy cape 4). 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

Sorry for the lack of work done, holiday time makes everything harder to do

ill get back to work on it in a few days.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

So based on some forum stuffs the loot may be changing in the near future. Keep an eye out for that

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

Then go tell them on the forums lol. don't give into the whiners.

it is not like it is inventory filling tea, it is just something that makes it so you can't fully afk it. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

I am doing science and I am still alive!

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

it robs won't be, except maybe at best green leather.

I am surprised that flax and bow string are still part of the tables. pick one and leave it at that

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

Welp guide is pretty much done id say. Just have to add 1 more picture maybe (haven't decided if i will or not yet). When I decide on that Ill remove the WIP tag. Ill also update it when the loot gets timboed as it inevitably will. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

• 2 months later...

So ill be updating the loot drops after this most recent rebalance

some new things so far. this list will probably expand over time. (and when i have time)

Hefin - didnt notice anything new more bones i guess

meylir - noted crushed nests

crwys - yews and flax are now noted. 

cadarn - nothing new

treahern - nothing new

Iowerth - got caught too quick to check

Ithell - soda ash noted, noted teak plank, soft clay(new tea)

amlodd - portent of resotoration VIII & IX, porter 4 (many), more charms still not many

~~~legoman187~~~

• Like 1

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

it does seem that cash drops have been increased a small amount (this is likely just rng as the sample size was very very small.) the drops do not seem to have changed terribly. more inventory filler from meylir in the form of the dg token bags. and less from crwys due to noted flax and yews. 

if i end up having more time to test ill look into it more. if you guys get any loot not already listed please let me know and ill add it. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lego, I had one idea for something you might add to the guide. Have you considered gp/hr rates for the various clans and whatnot, to get a general idea of how much gp you are earning with you xp? Or if it's already in the guide, my apologies if I missed it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

i did not really pay attention to gp/xp because it was rather arbitrary, it depends on what you keep & such and considering how often they have changed the loot very variable. Currently I am not going to do that, but in the future i may.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

I've been experimenting with teleport crystal strategies to minimize banking and make it so you never need to drop any items (max afk) while only banking at the beginning and ending of clan thieving cycles.

This is all assuming all banking is done by using a preset to withdraw an empty invent + 1 teleport crystal(3). 

5 clan strategy: (will leave you with a bunch of teleport(1)'s)

Start at max guild bank or something, bank.

Hefin

Cryws

Teleport to Meilyr and bank, then bank again when done with Meilyr

Amlodd

Trah, bank at end

repeat.

Doing this, you minimize banking time while never having your inventory get full.

However, I think using a 6 clan strategy is better for crystal teleporting, since then you don't have a bunch of (1) charges at the end. In this case something that works well is:

Hefin

Cadarn

Meilyr, Bank, then bank again after finish

Amlodd

Trahearn, Bank at start and manually withdraw (1)charge

Cryws, bank at end.

repeat.

• Like 1

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Are you keeping all loot?

~~~legoman187~~~

I've been keeping all loot and getting similiar rates to what you were recieving.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Very intresting. Once it is complete do you mind if i add it to the guide, with proper credit of course?

One thing i did notice is that coins seems to be rather consistent throughout the clans. 

~~~Legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~