banned and mod Steve won't help (wall of text incoming)

nicklaus88

I've had a conversation with a jagex mod (Steve W) via the jagexsupport twitter account. I had to send quite a few tweets before he would respond bu eventually he did..

Here is the first tweet I sent out "@JagexSupport Hey I've been wrongfully banned for "macroing major". Wondering if there's anything that can be done to resolve this." to which I recieved no response. I will give them that that was at 8pm (outside of their 0400-1600 est support hours) so I waited until about halfway through the support time the next day and tweeted "@JagexSupport Hey i know you don't respond to messages like this, but could someone look at my account?"

Then a couple hours later I got a little upset and tweeted "@JagexSupport I've given you guys over 200 dollars in membership and you don't have the common courtesy to just explain what I've done?" followed by "@JagexSupport Account name is nicklaus88" i waited till the next day and tweeted this "@JagexSupport Could you guys at least respond? This is getting ridiculous."

Finally they respond with the typical bs "@nicklaus88 Please check out our information regarding permanent bans on our Twitter header and at http://t.co/cMhneKonqT SW" I responded with "@JagexSupport I've read that Steve, but that hardly helps me. You people are insane if you think I'm just going to forget about this." no response... I waited an hour and tweeted "@JagexSupport I can't just throw 60 days of my life away. Is there an email address or a phone number I can call to actually talk 2 someone?" I was rather upset at Steve at this point. I saw him tweeting and helping other people who tweeted after me. Including aproving an appeal from a rather attractive female for a permanent mute. So he had obviously been ignoring me.

He responded about 10 minutes later saying "@nicklaus88 It looks like your acc went to RWT in about March last year, they have had it ever since and finally got it banned SW" i didnt quite understand what he was saying i tweeted asking what RWT was he didn't respond which is reasonable i don't need a jagex mod to tell me something that can be found out with a quick google search so I did that and responded trying to get a better understanding of what he was telling me "@JagexSupport Okay so what do you mean went to RWT? like somebody tried to sell my account?"

He responded "@nicklaus88 Known real world traders have been using the account for a long time SW" Which seemed reasonable that that coupd be so I had to have the password reset i believe around 2 months for the ban and that was also when i stopped playing until August when I got on and saw the ban I'll put a link up to the appeal i submitted in august and the ban itself.

I replied to him, thinking we might actually get somewhere "@JagexSupport So is there anything we can do so I can recover the account?" he replied "@nicklaus88 It looks like you haven't played it in a long time - they have and now got it banned, sorry but it's now lost SW" I replied swiftly an hour before the support hours ended "@JagexSupport what do you mean? So because I didn't play for a year i got banned? That's it? There's nothing you can do?" he didnt respond. So does anyone have any ideas or am I like Steve says completely screwed.

Edit: http://imgur.com/MwCGdGh
Link to the ban and appeal. This was the only offence on the account other than temporary mutes that expired 5 years ago (for cursing)

• Like 1

Firstly I would suggest you to format your writing, as it is really difficult to read a wall of text.

I have no clue how to help you though as I have never been banned for anything.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

First you should really break it into paragraphs next time. Make it easier to read and more people will want to help you :P.

But to summarize, it looks like your account was hacked/sold and used for RWT'ing for about 9 months and now they've permanently banned you?

I'd say try tweeting another JMod/submitting a ticket and see if that gets anywhere, now that you at least have an idea what happened.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Try here, for account help: https://[LikelyScam]/m=ticketing/account_help_2014_nologin?cat=4 . I also took the liberty of breaking your post into a few paragraphs for you to help make reading it easier. Of course feel free to rearrange it however you would like :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Np, I hope it helps and wish you the best of luck. One more small thing though - you may want to blur your email in an image like that if you don't want it to be public.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My brother has had his account hacked and used for gold farming for several months after he went inactive, and the Jagex Mods were able to verify that this had been the case and rolled his account back to what it was before the account was compromised + quashed the macroing offences.

Just to say that if they can see your account had indeed been compromised and a different person committed the offences, they should be able to see that and give you your account back.

• Like 2

This seems rather odd on Jagex's part.  My account was stolen for around 1 year and from the accounts of someone who was friends with the temporary owner (the hacker) he used it as a mule to move money, rares etc around.  I was denied recovery at first gave up and a year later tried again and got my account back.  Never had it banned for the actions of someone else.  

peever142.png

A mule is different than a gold farmer account though, right? Money would be passing through it but nothing strictly speaking illegal on it.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

A mule is different than a gold farmer account though, right? Money would be passing through it but nothing strictly speaking illegal on it.

Why would it be different? The account was still involved in the process, and it may have gotten locked/banned with millions still on it.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Why would it be different? The account was still involved in the process, and it may have gotten locked/banned with millions still on it.

Orrrrrr recovered with millions on it  :-w  :-w  :-w

• Like 1
peever142.png

Do you speak from experience sir?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Do you speak from experience sir?

Yes.  When I recovered my account the bank had nothing in it, but htere was 850mil in the money pouch.  And too my amazment I was able to keep it all :D 

• Like 1
peever142.png

That's awesome to hear, have fun! Make sure you secure your account with Authenticator as well to hopefully prevent this from happening to you again :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Hey guys thanks for the help. Steve set me up with an acc recovery and I am now ban free. :D I love Steve.

Glad to hear that news! Now make sure your account is... dammit Arceus...

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.