A question about ring of wealth(charged)

But I would never use the ring of wealth while fighting monsters as I get crappier drops that way. I tried.

I'm curious as to how you reached that conclusion. I'm going to assume that you do not care much about efficiency, therefore a damage boosting ring wouldn't make much of a difference to you. And based on the monsters you kill, the increased chance of the Rare Drop Table drops (the 150 raw lobsters, 90 gold ore, 60 Molten glass etc) is surely worth more than the average drop of a Mithril chainbody or 5 Rune Javelins.

I would say on average the Ring of wealth is better for you to wear while killing your standard fire giants and steel dragons and monsters such as those. But of course that's going by the assumption that you do not care for a small damage boost from a Berserker or a Warrior ring.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

^My guess is that Blaze overestimated the ROW and used a too small sample size :) Try using a ROW for 1000 (like you usual do right?) fire giants and using no ROW for 1000 fire giants.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

But I would never use the ring of wealth while fighting monsters as I get crappier drops that way. I tried.

I'm curious as to how you reached that conclusion. I'm going to assume that you do not care much about efficiency, therefore a damage boosting ring wouldn't make much of a difference to you. And based on the monsters you kill, the increased chance of the Rare Drop Table drops (the 150 raw lobsters, 90 gold ore, 60 Molten glass etc) is surely worth more than the average drop of a Mithril chainbody or 5 Rune Javelins.

I would say on average the Ring of wealth is better for you to wear while killing your standard fire giants and steel dragons and monsters such as those. But of course that's going by the assumption that you do not care for a small damage boost from a Berserker or a Warrior ring.

Well, to be fair the last time I used the ring of wealth was over five years ago. Seven years even.

Back then there wasn't much in the rare drop table asides from uncut gems and key halves. And rune bars and rune 2h swords on extremely rare occasions. And since I don't care about gems that much I didn't like it.

I'm sure that if I used the ring of wealth today, things would be different.

But I don't think I'm gonna try the ring of wealth again though, even though it can come in handy.

The reason for that is because I prefer using the ring of life. It has saved my ass so many times when I have done something stupid, like forgetting to bring antifire shield to fight steel dragons, or forgetting to pay attention to my life bar. And I am gonna keep using the ring of life, if it wasn't for that ring, I would have to re-buy my equipments I have so many times.

Of course I don't do these stupid things commonly, but when it does happen, it's nice to have a ring of life saving me from having to waste money on re-buying equipment.

Edited by Blaze The Movie Fan
  • Like 1

I don't suppose you've considered investing in a gravestone? You can get an 8 minute one for 5k or a 10 minute one for 50K (although it requires completion of The Giant Dwarf quest). It might be useful anyway because Ring of Life won't always save you if you get hit for a lot. Make sure to have backup antifire so you don't die a second time and lose everything, though. Just a suggestion :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't suppose you've considered investing in a gravestone? You can get an 8 minute one for 5k or a 10 minute one for 50K (although it requires completion of The Giant Dwarf quest). It might be useful anyway because Ring of Life won't always save you if you get hit for a lot. Make sure to have backup antifire so you don't die a second time and lose everything, though. Just a suggestion :).

To be honest, I doubt it would help much.

The steel dragon area in Brimhaven Dungeon is crowded all the time, and I have only been lucky a few times to have someone who's willing to give me my stuff back, most of the times, people keep items someone dies drops for themselves, and I can hardly blame them. If I found a valuable item on the ground, of course I'd take it to my advantage.

To be honest, I doubt it would help much.

The steel dragon area in Brimhaven Dungeon is crowded all the time, and I have only been lucky a few times to have someone who's willing to give me my stuff back, most of the times, people keep items someone dies drops for themselves, and I can hardly blame them. If I found a valuable item on the ground, of course I'd take it to my advantage.

Friend allow me to introduce to you the Sign of Respite III: a divination tool.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sign_of_respite_III

It's an equipable item, which dissapears immediately upon being equipped if you have a grave. What it does, is upon dissappearing, it extends your grave by 6 minutes for each Sign used. So if you die, all you do is walk casually to the bank, pull 3-4 Signs of Respite III from your bank, and just equip all 4 of them. That'll give you a good 30 minutes (when added to normal gravestone) to stroll back to your grave.

It costs about 5k on GE, but you don't need ANY Divination to use it! It is VERY cheap, and a life saver. Nothing is better than taking a restroom break on your way to your grave! Hahaha

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Because people don't see your stuff when they're in your gravestone.

Oh, of course.

I didn't know that now I do.

Oh, sorry yea - that's what's so excellent about them.

Just two minutes ago I forgot food at Araxxor (the spider boss) and promptly died. You may have already read up on the process, but I'm slightly bored, and just died, so I took some screenshots and went over what the procedure is when you die.

Here's what happened when I died:

First, your death interface pops up. At this point, you can drag items you from the bottom section to the top. (The very bottom section are items you will always keep no matter what).

The items on the bottom will be stored in your gravestone until the gravestone timer runs out. (Note: Another RuneScape player can 'bless' your gravestone, thus extending it's life to 1 hour.)

Since you can get to most graves in about 5-10 minutes at the most, what you keep and what you leave in the gravestone isn't very important. With one exception: Degradeables. If you had, say Nex or Ports armor, and you died, any degradables left in the bottom section would immediately lose about 10% of their charges. That really sucks. However, if you move those up to the top section, they don't lose any charges.

Death Screen Interface:

The gravestone with the clock to the right hand side of the picture is your grave reminder, and stays on your screen at all times.

gHu5L.png

So above, the 5th item in the bottom section, a scrimshaw, is degradable. So, I drag it to the top to replace my Glaiven Boots, which are not degradable.

gHu6l.png

Once you click "Confirm", you will end up at your spawn hub. (This is shown in the upper left, in my case it's Prifddinas.)

Travelling Back to your Grave:

Now you just need to make your way back to your grave. Below is how your grave appears to you and everyone else. (Except only you can see the yellow arrow.) My point being no one else has any access to your items, so long as the grave timer hasn't run out.

(Please pardon the rushed cropping!)

gHuge.jpg

Looting Your Grave:

Now your grave will have two left-click selections: Inspect, and Bless. You can't bless your own grave.

But upon clicking 'Inspect', you will see this screen:

gHuh4.jpg

It's as simple as it looks. You do not have to drag and drop, or left click an item at a time. Simply click "equip all", and your player will equip every item they can. If they can't equip it, then it will go into your inventory. (for example: If you were using barrows, and it degraded to 0, then it would go into your inventory)

Note: If for any reason you cannot store all your items from your grave to your inventory -- for example, if you brought extra food/potions for the trip to your grave, that's ok. You can close the window, tele bank, and make as many trips back to your grave to get more items out - as long as the grave timer is still up.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Because people don't see your stuff when they're in your gravestone.

Oh, of course.

I didn't know that now I do.

Oh, sorry yea - that's what's so excellent about them.

Just two minutes ago I forgot food at Araxxor (the spider boss) and promptly died. You may have already read up on the process, but I'm slightly bored, and just died, so I took some screenshots and went over what the procedure is when you die.

Here's what happened when I died:

First, your death interface pops up. At this point, you can drag items you from the bottom section to the top. (The very bottom section are items you will always keep no matter what).

The items on the bottom will be stored in your gravestone until the gravestone timer runs out. (Note: Another RuneScape player can 'bless' your gravestone, thus extending it's life to 1 hour.)

Since you can get to most graves in about 5-10 minutes at the most, what you keep and what you leave in the gravestone isn't very important. With one exception: Degradeables. If you had, say Nex or Ports armor, and you died, any degradables left in the bottom section would immediately lose about 10% of their charges. That really sucks. However, if you move those up to the top section, they don't lose any charges.

Death Screen Interface:

The gravestone with the clock to the right hand side of the picture is your grave reminder, and stays on your screen at all times.

gHu5L.png

So above, the 5th item in the bottom section, a scrimshaw, is degradable. So, I drag it to the top to replace my Glaiven Boots, which are not degradable.

gHu6l.png

Once you click "Confirm", you will end up at your spawn hub. (This is shown in the upper left, in my case it's Prifddinas.)

Travelling Back to your Grave:

Now you just need to make your way back to your grave. Below is how your grave appears to you and everyone else. (Except only you can see the yellow arrow.) My point being no one else has any access to your items, so long as the grave timer hasn't run out.

(Please pardon the rushed cropping!)

gHuge.jpg

Looting Your Grave:

Now your grave will have two left-click selections: Inspect, and Bless. You can't bless your own grave.

But upon clicking 'Inspect', you will see this screen:

gHuh4.jpg

It's as simple as it looks. You do not have to drag and drop, or left click an item at a time. Simply click "equip all", and your player will equip every item they can. If they can't equip it, then it will go into your inventory. (for example: If you were using barrows, and it degraded to 0, then it would go into your inventory)

Note: If for any reason you cannot store all your items from your grave to your inventory -- for example, if you brought extra food/potions for the trip to your grave, that's ok. You can close the window, tele bank, and make as many trips back to your grave to get more items out - as long as the grave timer is still up.

Thanks a lot for the detailed and useful information.