Thoughts on new POH?

Meranek

Hey!

It seems like a redesign my POH just about every year around this time... But I think I finally managed to work out a design I like (and that may me future-proof!) I used the whole 7x7 grid, with 24 rooms to start out with. It's expandable up to 31 rooms (if you keep to the design), but there's obviously a lot more room space that Jagex isn't able to let us use at this time. So what do you guys think? Anything I should change?

Thanks!

https://gyazo.com/e4930837767d72e3c6db3422364e3f0d

user1-light.png

My first Q. would be why you have two portal chambers, unless one of them is a portal room, as in with teleportation portals to more than one place.....?

Regards,

N.K.

"Give me 100 Space Marines, or failing that give me 1000 other troops!" - Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

Hey NobleK

I have two since there are seven teleport options available for the portals. My POH is in Prifddinas, but if I ever host, I move it to Yanille, so I have all seven teleports covered between the six portals and a House Teletab.

user1-light.png

Depends.. what is your purpose? To use as a one stop shop to tele to, recharge prayer, and tele somewhere else? Just as a place to do a few things once in a while?

For efficacy purposes, do note you appear in your house north of the portal..

See mine

TKb2xJH.png

Workshop, alter, glory, portal chambers all located on the north side, all are painless to get to.

Two studys, for the two lecterns, two bedrooms is all you need... Also forgot a kitchen which is east of the dining room.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Dual portal chambers to cover all options are kinda pointless these days - between lodestones and chipped tabs all the possible portal locations are more than covered.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Dual portal chambers to cover all options are kinda pointless these days - between lodestones and chipped tabs all the possible portal locations are more than covered.

Not for skillers they're not; chipped tablets require either Swan Song, or Love Story; skillers will rarely have either done!

Regards,

N.K.

"Give me 100 Space Marines, or failing that give me 1000 other troops!" - Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

Not for skillers they're not; chipped tablets require either Swan Song, or Love Story; skillers will rarely have either done!

Because in a thread where the OP signature clearly shows he has 90s in all combat stats and we are commenting on his design for his house what a skiller can and cannot do is super important.

Besides even taking chipped tablets out of the equation for skillers the portals are still largely redundant with lodestones, especially with vis wax for instant teles

Varrock - lodestone, normal tele tabs skills neckalce or ROW teles

Lumbridge - lodestone, normal tele tabs, the WE1 faction tokens plus short term event specific teleports come with pretty much every crater event now

Falador - lodestone, explorers ring, normal tele tabs, skills necklace

Camelot - Lodestones all of which land closer to the place you'd actually be going to (ie cathurby or seers), skill necklace can work too

Ardougne - Lodestone, ardy cape, skills necklace again

Yanille - lodestone

Canafis - lodestone

Not to mention most of them aren't even that useful.

Varrock is only really used for GE centric stuff which edgeville teles are better for and after prif opens is kinda totally useless.

Lumby is useless outside of crater events that get their own teles

Falador isn't a major 'go to hub' mostly just a place to hit up for Artisans workshop or Rago (who is much better served by the lodestone)

Camelot is just middle of nowhere useless, seers doesn't really have much and Cathurby is just for sub-par fishing or farm runs which are better served by lodestone or lunars.

Ardougne is just for pengs and farm runs - farm runs are better served by the cape and peng runs are so infrequent lodestone and run is hardly a big issue

Yanille only reason to go is for open altars which means your house is there anyway so normal home tabs work.

Canafis is only really for god statue or low end slayer which are both right next to lodestone.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really don't know what your problem is, but I refuse to apologise for pointing out the truth; skillers will NOT have those quests done IMO, because as I recall they both require medium-high combat levels.

I don't know if you have a problem with me stating the obvious, of if you're just trying to be a complete Scrooge about this, but if this is how I get treated when I try post something helpful on here, I'm not going to bother again!! :(

• Like 1

Regards,

N.K.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mind Sy he's just objective to the extreme :P Nice looking house btw, mine is uglyyyyy

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Don't mind Sy he's just objective to the extreme :P Nice looking house btw, mine is uglyyyyy

Don't apologise for him being a jerk, it's not your fault; what I would like to know is W.T.F is up with my house not wanting to allow me to create the second portal room I tried to create last week. I can't seem to tune(as in pick destinations for) the portals.

Regards,

N.K.

I wasn't being a jerk.

You replied to my post to directly point out my advice was flawed for skillers so I was merely pointing out the the OPs signature shows he is not a skiller and therefore the limitations of a skiller are not particularly relevant to the advice being offer to him whilst also taking the opportunity to expand upon the overall useful of portals in relation to other options to get to these places.

If I were being a jerk I'd of perhaps thrown in some insulting term or some such move instead of focussing on the giving of advice pertinent to the topic at hand.

Anyway in terms of 2nd portal room focussing you mentioned I'd ask have you built a portal focus in that room? Perhaps its super obvious, but I've known people to not build a focus in the 2nd room and then wonder why they can't direct them so worth a mention.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I wasn't being a jerk.

You replied to my post to directly point out my advice was flawed for skillers so I was merely pointing out the the OPs signature shows he is not a skiller and therefore the limitations of a skiller are not particularly relevant to the advice being offer to him whilst also taking the opportunity to expand upon the overall useful of portals in relation to other options to get to these places.

If I were being a jerk I'd of perhaps thrown in some insulting term or some such move instead of focussing on the giving of advice pertinent to the topic at hand.

Anyway in terms of 2nd portal room focussing you mentioned I'd ask have you built a portal focus in that room? Perhaps its super obvious, but I've known people to not build a focus in the 2nd room and then wonder why they can't direct them so worth a mention.

Very well, I apologise for the "jerk" comment, but your post I complained about earlier genuinely offended me, simply because I had no idea that levels were no object for the OP; I simply missed that part of his post.

Also, I'm pretty certain I constructed the focus correctly, but I will do it again and post about this tomorrow; I may not have had enough runes, but would it still show me the options, and then just refuse to build the portal? Or would it not show any options at all?

Regards,

N.K.