What made Runescape so good?

Mythy01

Well I am really wondering. Now a days there are lots of remakes of RS and many that are actually better over all. I am around a place that talks free MMO's 24/7, and the most hated game there is Runescape. Why because most are [developmentally delayed]s that want great graphics and everything in a Free MMO. I am wondering what every one thinks and knows.

My guess is that since it is in Java, back in 2000 when it was being designed (and before when the first 2 lay outs where done (the ones before the release of RS1)) downloading was a huge issue with people. My other guess is the fact of lots of skills, no classes and possibly just something new. Many people criticize RS for being a copy of Ultima but who knows.

Please give me your output.

PS: The reason I posted is because I noticed in the quest EXP post it said added quest # 132. And I was thinking, wow I remember playing back when RS1 had just 32 quest points.

Hmm, I think, just as any "great" game, it's the people. There are a lot of people on Runescape who are really not likeable...scammers, hackers, gimmies, etc...but then there are also the people who make up the Tip.it community, among others.

Just my two cents.

Yep, people do the job.

Also, JAGeX has found a kind of hole in the market, because if people can compete against eachother they don't need good graphics, just other people.

signature4s.jpg

rs was so addictive and thats what got me playing, now i hardly play anymore becuz rs2 is not challenging like rs was, its just not the same anymore :cry:

firmabmxjp0.jpg

99/99 Crafting

86/85 Mining

it can be addictive, can be played on any computer with internet access, is free(of 5 dollars a month) compared to the lots of money other games with better graphics and gameplay cost, tons of skills and quests, quick load, as good as a java game can get. in short, runescape rocks my socks!

i think rs is so popular because its a great free game and u can play it on every pc with internet.

Give a man a fish, and he'll choke on the bones. Result: You get the rest of the fish.

Teach a man to fish, and he'll catch a lot of fish, then choke on one of the bones. Result: You get all the fish he caught.

Teaching people is better.

Used to be a really nice community to start playing in.

Now it's full of elitist players that have been on the game for 3 months, and new players asking for free things all of the time.

What happened to those good old days, eh?

Slide-sig.png

1. The balance between rewards and effort is perfect.

2. Jagex cares (or used to care) more about the game than the graphics.

3. It is cheap or free to play.

4. Almost anyone can play it.

5. It is updated every week.

md666.gif

33328.gif33328.gif33328.gif

On a serious note, it's fun, it's dorky, and it's proud to be dorky. I really need to quit... :lol: *Gets banned for saying "I got a cex change for a quest"*

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

33328.gif33328.gif33328.gif

On a serious note, it's fun, it's dorky, and it's proud to be dorky. I really need to quit... :lol: *Gets banned for saying "I got a cex change for a quest"*

lol :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

rs was so addictive and thats what got me playing, now i hardly play anymore becuz rs2 is not challenging like rs was, its just not the same anymore :cry:

which is why i stayed on rsc, its a shame so many of you left :cry:

i think the reason rs is so popular is because of the younger people that play it(ages 12 and below)...no offence if it offends some of the older players. Runescape is a easy game to find on popular websites such as miniclip. some of them arnt even sure how to download games, rs doesnt require that sort of thing.

Mainly the fact that it can be played almost anywhere,

and the addictivness.

yeh its so simple, and so addictive!

hehe its just a fun game in general. trying to beat everyone at skills.

trying to get rich, i dunno i love rs! and never gona quit.

mysig11sv5.png

Yup, it's simplicity it's one of it's main charms.

Also, the never ending goal of aiming for that next level and hopefully having access to a new skill/object really does spur you on and make it so addictive.

runescape is so good because

1) it is so addictive

2) so many opportunities to make money (just like america!!)

3) lots of monsters to kill

4) the game doesnt need any downloading

5) the quests (most of them) are fun

6) you can interact with other real people