A Tale of Hacking

TheRealBone

I used to be one of those guys that would tell all the beggars saying they got hacked to "go cry about it" or that they were noobs.

Earlier tonight, I logged on to my account, go to my bank and I'm alerted that someone tried to access me bank account. I think that maybe a miss-clicked something. I walk out of the bank and see that all I have on is my cape and boots. I go back to the bank to get my armor and find it isnt there either. My full saradomin, fremmy helm, rune boots, d long, glory, and wealth... are gone.

I'm not asking for anything, but i'll say this has changed how I treat people in-game. When people are begging or asking for things, I'm not going to make fun of them anymore.

And I hope that you all learn something. If you dont have a bank pin, get one immediatly. I also will be banking everything I value before I log out each time. Sadly, people ruin the game and it comes to this.

I have no idea how it happened. My password (was) my SSN, so unless they work at the college I applied to (doubtful) I dont know how they got it. Not even my best friend in real life knew my password and I've known him since I was like 8(10 years), we're like brothers. McAffee is scannning my computer now, I'll let you guys know if something turns up.

yeah i got that pin number put on my account right away, and whenever i logged out for the night i threw everything on me of value in the bank because you never know what might happen. I do feel for you, im sure it was a sinking feeling when you opened your bank and everythings gone. now with that being said, obviously someone logged on your account, took all your crap and gave it to another account. now if jagex is such great detectives and banned me on some dumb stuff, and bann everyone else for one sided trades ect, it should be easy for them to find out who now has all your stuff and who to bann for hacking your account.

smallsig2.jpg

RS name- Lunar3klipse, banned 3-16-06: found out theres a new appeal system, I get an extra appeal, fingers crossed.

BTW: Ill give someone a serious dollar, if I can use more than 30kb for a sig size :/ its my hosting for crying out-loud.

bank PINs = best update ever,

jagex killing 15k autoers = second-best update ever

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Guest r3dh3adkid
bank PINs = best update ever,

jagex killing 15k autoers = second-best update ever

this new quest = third-best update ever :P

Sorry to hear about that, I've been there as well.. Just be sure to change you password and recovery questions, and get a pin number on there. I have always made it a habit to bank everything in my inv. and that I'm wearing before I log out. That way if you have a pin, they cant drop trade anything and they can't get in your bank (well some can get in your bank but its very rare). As far as getting your stuff back.. I mined coal, that or selling logs works well.

117 Combat

Theboss123

ive been hacked twice, trust me do not post anything about it, people will just chirp you and call u newb, people arent very understanding. i actually left my clan cause i was hacked, and they thought i was lieing :oops: they are jerks though, to concerned with pixels and paranoid i might be tryin to scam ppl i new for like a year.....anyway i got really off track.....

tought luck, i feel ur pain, cut yews with bronze axe till u got 15k then buy rune axe, cut till u got 180k buy full rune, kill lvl 43 skeles. PICK UP EVERYTHING THEY DROP, by the time uve gone up 10 combat levels u will have 250k+full rune, sell full rune u got almost 500k, merchy that till u got 10mils, but a couple santas, quit the game, come back next christmas ull be worth 500million with those 2 santas.

check mate :twisted: he U CAN DOO IT

Has anybody else noticed this?

My password (was) my SSN, so unless they work at the college I applied to

I pray that you didnt really use your Social Security Number as the passoword for an online game...

You might want to think about changing that as well, because if that hacker realizes what he has, then you could lose far more than just your account.

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png