Why isn't there a Range/Mage boosting prayer?

Ok first I'm going to admit that I didn't use the search button, so if there was already a topic about this I'm very sorry :oops:

But come to think of it there is a prayer that boosts Attack, Strength, and Defence (Even 3 of each depending on your prayer level!), but not even 1 that boosts the Ranged or Magic skill :? , I would like to see this happening in the future, opinions?

99 Slayer since August 2007.

I always use 10 or 15% defense prayer while i'm ranging. This helps counter the superior armor of melee warriors. Generally when I use range to attack melee warriors, they resort to protection from ranged attacks anyway.

Range attack is very deadly as it is, if there were a prayer to make it more accurate, for F2p at least, it would become way overpowered.

Magics ability to bind is far and away superior to any prayer that benefits melee stats.

31509signature.gif

mellee = 3 prayers (def, str, atk)

mage = only def

range only def

i agree... but if they already hit 30s why make it higher?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

no .. then they will be overly powerful.. new prayers should be made for the cleric class. Monks should be made, so they can self heal,, heal other, heal party, heal area : ) it will add more party play and give a pk class that can be used in clan wars.

no .. then they will be overly powerful.. new prayers should be made for the cleric class. Monks should be made, so they can self heal,, heal other, heal party, heal area : ) it will add more party play and give a pk class that can be used in clan wars.

^^ i agree with him... to an extent but there should be some form of prayer for mages and rangers... maybe it doesnt make you hit harder.. but hit slightly more often. i mean people with full dhoraks(sp) can hit stupidly high with low health so it would make things slightly more balanced (haha i sound like the people at bungie)

so overall i agree that there should be some prayers for mages and rangers... but nothing that would give them a greater advantage

EDIT: perhaps it could be for really high prayer lvls.... somewhere around 70-80?

Yeah I've always thought it a bit biased towards rangers and mages....they could add "increase magic by 5%" and "increase range by 5%" prayers to even it a bit. Rangers and Mages arent really too powerful...its just pures, especially on f2p...maybe it should be members only prayers? Oh by the way, mages and rangers might be able to hit 30s, but what about hitting 50s using strength prayers and pots and d b axe special (or for that matter 70s with dharok set effect).