Does RuneScape=Bugs and Lag?

bigsword33

Well this is a old question, but now i'm really mad to find the answer of it....

my comp has always been slow, don't know why...When i play rs, it lags up everything else. 3 nights ago i was about to go on when i went to a london server, which is always laggy. my dad comes in a min later after i bought 100k in herbs, and says that runescape was a perasite, and it was ruining my comp and using it as a sub server...I know what that is so don't say nothin. anyways i tell him it's because i'm on a london serve and thats why but he says that it's taking over and ruining his wireless conecttion. Do you think it's cuase of Rs? He already made me quite and unsubscribe............Anyways post your ideas so i can get back on! (to bad i gave everything away... :cry: )

~bigsword33

That's a load of baloney :? . I once had a slow comp, and my parents said it was rs also. Now, with a faster comp, rs runs perfectly and has never been a problem. Hopefully u can show this post to ur parents to prove to them its definetly not rs. :wink:

- EDR 98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

If you have 256mb of memory (or less) and u using windows xp runescape don't work so well.

My girlfriend computer is 2.4ghz but 256mb ram and the game doesn't work so good if you have something else running like internet explorer or outlook.

My old computer is 2.0ghz but 512mb ram and it is working just fine and u can run what ever you like while playing.

my new computer just run like devil :twisted: (3.2ghz and 1gb ram + raid and few tweeks :wink: )

edit: runescape low-details use 95mb of ram so if you have 256mb of memory at all runescape + windows services + antivirus + firewall use more then you ram so it start work on chace and it so slow.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

bump. also anymore help guys? looking foor a couple page toic to print...

I would recomend to close some of windows services that u don't need like: Alerter, ClipBook, Error Reporting Service, Fast User Switching Compatibility, Help and Support, and so on.

but if you don't know what I am talking about it is better not to touch those :lol: windows xp have alot of services that you don't really need so by closing them you can save memory and cpu but again if you not sure what to do or what u need don't touch those.

and one more thing: if it is memory problem try to avoid running background softwares like msn or nerocheck[Caution: Executable File] or emule. you just need to save memory for runescape.

and there is another tip you can do every hour or so when u playing rs:

if you using Sun Java when u run runescape u have Java icon next to the computer clock (down right of the screen) do right click on it and choose "open console". when the window open press "g". that will run "garbage collect" and will remove some of the objects runescape no longer use.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

This may help, my friend has a slow computer. Sorta has the same problem in a way, Head to runescape's main website, under download extra files download the "Windows Client" It oftens help settle some lag since it doesn't run off an actual internet browsers, you don't have tons of cookies gathering up and lagging your game.

Here's the link to the actual page:

http://www.runescape.com/files/files.ws

Hope it solves your problem!

As far as wireless connection goes, there you have it. That might be the reason lol.

That's also probably the reason. When it comes to computers wires are always your best bet! Sure, they're untidy and kinda ugly to look at. But if having a wireless router is more important then playing Runescape. Hmm, I don't know what to say. :shock:

Naaa.

rs can run on any computer. Really bad or really Slow. Some servers wont work well for you.

i use to use a really really crummy computer With rs. And it Ran fine. just slap your Dad. lol

mysig11sv5.png

Your dad is an [wagon]. One program won't ruin anything (unless it has a virus). Computer-knowing wannabes :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

yah thats pretty much bs, doesnt do nething to comps

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

yah thats pretty much bs, doesnt do nething to comps

Ah, and here i must prove you wrong. I have a laptop, 512mb ram, and some other specs, windows xp os. I cannot play runescape for more than 20 minutes because it freezes and takes up over 100k memory. Usually it takes 65k or so memory WHILE NOT LAGGING. I even wiped my computer clean of EVERYTHING (including half the os, and other stuff :/ ) and it STILL lags. It's pitiful, im not sure if it's my laptop or not.

if u have a comp of 2GHz+ and 256Mb+ only lag can be because of slow internet connection...

and RS doesn't do anything bad for comp...

it runs smooth on my very old (2002.) comp 2,4GHz, 512Mb...

Playing since February 2003

Ssamriga.png

All you have to do is show your dad how many people play runescape (players online number) and it might click with him that if RS was bad for computers - why would so many people play ?

What wireless connection are you on ? (What speed internet, what wireless kit)

single_skill1135733652.png

Lol, your dad just wants someone to blame his crap router on. Ask him to buy a new router, if that doesn't solve the problem buy a new computer.

I had the same problem, the router was messing up all the time and I couldn't play runescape because i kept lagging out... My dad brought a top of the range wireless connection thingy and we never have the problem of it crashing.

sig5235ro7.jpg