CPU Temp

AznElliot518

Well I have a laptop with an Intel Pentium M processor and currently my CPU temp is 89 C and I know thats pretty hot so if someone could give me any ideas on lowering it that would be cool :)

Also at the time of the 89C I am playing Runescape

Good day sir, how may I help you?

Id like to access my bank account please.

Certainly sir.

that is WAY to hot, it sounds like something has definitly gone wrong inside.

If you are in to computers open up your laptop and see if there is anything clogging up the air vents or any coolers inside the machine, if you are worried about breaking something take it to a pc shop that knows what they are doing.

I suggest using it as little as possible until you get this heat problem sorted.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

laptopcooler1rt.jpg

But for real. Take somthing small and place it between the fan blades so they cant turn. (do thi to every fan)

Then use compressed air to fire out alot of dust...

Careful though and dont do it while its on #_#

Long since retired.

Laptops get extremely hot when you're using up big amounts of RAM or running high quality games (Guild Wars, WoW, etc.).

Try not to play with your laptop on soft surfaces (like a sofa, a bed, etc) as this will obstruct the fan suction at the bottom and hence, keep the fan from working. You could try a laptop cooler, but I don't know how well thos ework. I've heard mixed things about laptop coolers.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Okay so I opened up my laptop and saw a loose copper square type plate. It came right out! Does anyone know what this could be?

Its a square shaped copper plate, about 1.75" by 1.75" and looks/feels kinda stickey on the bottom and shiney on the top. When I took out the plate the shiney face was facing down. The laptop was right side up.

Good day sir, how may I help you?

Id like to access my bank account please.

Certainly sir.

As I can't be sure without actually seeing it , but it sounds like the heatsink for your CPU , most laptops(including mine) use a stationary heatsink with a fan that blows across it instead of directly at it like a conventional desktop processor. If you arent comfortable reattaching (it could have brackets, it could use thermal glue, they are all different) , I would VERY strongly suggest you take it to a local repair shop and have them fix it.

If you do INSIST on using your laptop before the problem is remedied , I suggest you go to Control panel > Display > Screensaver , and click the "Power" button and set your 'Power Scheme' to Max Battery , if enabled this will force Intel SpeedStep to downclock the CPU. It may slowdown your processing time , but it will very greatly reduce heat output.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Ouch, my CPU is a third of that temperature >.<

If i were you i'd take ure laptop somewhere to get looked at, that crazy temperatures and certainly isnt going to at optimal performance. For a start get ureself a laptop cooling mat or something and organise an expert to take a peek at ure computer :-/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12