It is a Bug? Somebody doing this deserves banned?

axel_phx

Referred to the people who killing Moss Giants at south of Karamja Isle, using the "invisible" wall just on top of the Coal and Addy mine spots.

They stand there, and attack the Mossies, and they cant counterattack.

But there are not any visible obstacle. The mossies just stop a few tiles before, and receive all arrows or magic attacks until die...

I think this practice is a clear example of bug abuse. Because the player doing that, can kill the mossies without taking any damage, and get all drops.. Whereas those that fight with melee , burns lots of food and are in danger to die..

I dont say any word about the "clean players" who kill those same mossies , with magic or range, behind of an obstacle (like the same mine rocks.. ) and use Telegrab to get the "drops"

Well. in brief; Use "invisible" wall (map errors) to gain advantage over the rest of the players , is a breaking-rule action? (Bug abuse)

axel_phx.png

Referred to the people who killing Moss Giants at south of Karamja Isle, using the "invisible" wall just on top of the Coal and Addy mine spots.

They stand there, and attack the Mossies, and they cant counterattack.

But there are not any visible obstacle. The mossies just stop a few tiles before, and receive all arrows or magic attacks until die...

I think this practice is a clear example of bug abuse. Because the player doing that, can kill the mossies without taking any damage, and get all drops.. Whereas those that fight with melee , burns lots of food and are in danger to die..

I dont say any word about the "clean players" who kill those same mossies , with magic or range, behind of an obstacle (like the same mine rocks.. ) and use Telegrab to get the "drops"

Well. in brief; Use "invisible" wall (map errors) to gain advantage over the rest of the players , is a breaking-rule action? (Bug abuse)

Ha. No my friend thats called a "safe-spot" which most, if not all, of the mages, rangers and hally meleers use to train. It's not a rule breaking action.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

er.. if this were a bannable offence, then what about players who use tables and whatnot to kill black knights without taking damage... they still get the drops, experience, and the luxury of taking no damage... shall we ban them while we're at it? im assumine you wrote this because you are a melee fighter.. the only way to train is to take damage(for the most part)... anyways, i really have to dis agree that this heinous crime is a bannable offence, or even a bug... :?

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

But if were a table, or something, thats ok.. There is no nothing.. Just grass between.

Yes, im a melee fighter.. but I ve start to level up Magic and Ranger.. And allways saw ppl at this place playing in that way.. And I wonder if this is legal or not... (i donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt like being banned for do that)

axel_phx.png

But if were a table, or something, thats ok.. There is no nothing.. Just grass between.

Yes, im a melee fighter.. but I ve start to level up Magic and Ranger.. And allways saw ppl at this place playing in that way.. And I wonder if this is legal or not... (i donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt like being banned for do that)

haha rest assured, you will NOT be banned for training like that. that would be.... well, just plain silly :wink:

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Its simply the range of the mossies does not reach that far, they programed to move no further. It also happens with the guards at the top of varroks wall by the east bank, they have a set area of movement and are trapped inside it.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

there is no inviserble wall... they just can walk stright to you... (0,5 sqare, becuz they are gigants...)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

No no.. there isnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt an "area limit" problem. If you go there and try, you will see that. There are an Map Error. Like an "second step" on top of the Coal Rock. If you walk to there, you can attack with range and magic, and they canÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt attack you. But only the two Mossies who spawns at right side of the screen.. There are one more , spawn at left.. and if you attack this one, he can reach you. But the other two donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt.

Is a bug.. no a "safe spot" like stay behind a rock or an obstacle.. or running away from the limit area of "monster walk".

Is a bug.. A lot of players use it.. If is not a Ban reason, I think Jagex must fix this part of map..

axel_phx.png

lol calm down axel, let me explain. giants and lesser demons (in f2p, many more in p2p) tke up more than 1 square. players and most small to normal size monsters take up 1 square. because of this, you can walk into an area that is 1 square wide, but the giants cant. the moss giants you are talking about try to come at you from the south, but because the player is standing in a corner next to the coal rock, the path is half-way blocked to the moss giant, and he cannot move any futher north and just stands there.

even in the hill giants dungeon you can use safe spots like this. stand next to a stalagmite on the cave floor and move 1 sqaure north or south (depending on where your target giant is. then range or mage it, it will walk north (or south) of the stalagmite and cant reach you because the pathe between you and him doesnt have 2 open squares for him to walk

i hope you understand this. its not a bug, its a safe spot. youll discover that this is the great thing about training ranged and mage

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

im pretty sure that since mossies take up more than 1 square and there is an obstacle BESIDE the user and one space ahead then they cant move ti them they hit the corner of the plant thingy and cant move thats why the other giant can hit them if they attack it.

Thank You shade_bandyt

That is a good explanation.. Ok.. I dont worry about ban..

But still thinking there are something wrong.. Maybe the AI of the NPC .. or this thing about squares.. Dont know.. Just this is very unfair for the poor Mossies.. They get killed without a decent fight.. :(

axel_phx.png

yes also for those that take up onley one square, i think they hava a certain range that they "patrol" if you atttack somthing from outside the range they will not go beyond it. it may look like a wall to the observer but i think it is mereley the end of the range.

i think that is how it words and waht you may be observing.

tipitlessersigea3.png

No one will be banned because of this. It's a safe spot, that Jagex is most likely aware of. If they aren't aware of it, they will be soon.

If they have a problem with it, they will just fix it.

Thank You shade_bandyt

That is a good explanation.. Ok.. I dont worry about ban..

But still thinking there are something wrong.. Maybe the AI of the NPC .. or this thing about squares.. Dont know.. Just this is very unfair for the poor Mossies.. They get killed without a decent fight.. :(

lol omg teh poor wikkle mossies!!!111!

theres a reason why mages and rangers have the ability to attack from a distance. mage robes arent designed to withstand melee blows. they are usually made from fine cloth magically woven, but have practiaclly no slash and stab defence. ranger's armor is a bit more sturdy, but still, without metal protection or a shield, they could take some serious damage. so to offset this challenge, they can use obstacles as their defence. doesnt that sound fair?

of course, feel free to mage or range your moeeies from close range. just make sure you have food ;-)

as for the AI, monsters can only melee attack you from 4 directions, and they have to come directly next to you. the way the ai is designed, the monster always walks directly east or west first until they are vertical to you (north or south, unless theres an obstacle they have to go around). if they cant move any further north or south to attack you, they will be stuck, unless you move east or west, then they will follow

dont worry too much about it, just use it to your advantage

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank