Making own music

wasabisam112

To write good lyrics you need to have experienced something - Happiness, pain, rejection etc. Lyrics need emotion, so if you're like 14 chances are you haven't experienced enough to write good lyrics.

OR, you could just throw together a psuedo-intellectual cheesefest, and call them prog lyrics.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

To write good lyrics you need to have experienced something - Happiness, pain, rejection etc. Lyrics need emotion, so if you're like 14 chances are you haven't experienced enough to write good lyrics.

OR, you could just throw together a psuedo-intellectual cheesefest, and call them prog lyrics.

Although I'm older than 14, how can you say that a 14 year old wouldn't have the life experiences to be a good songwriter? Do you think that everyone has a perfect life? Think Again?

Although I'm older than 14, how can you say that a 14 year old wouldn't have the life experiences to be a good songwriter? Do you think that everyone has a perfect life? Think Again?

Obviously I can't count everyone. I'm talking in general terms - You know, like normal people do when addressing a group of people?

I'm sure there's some great young songwriters out there, but most of them have nothing better to write about than how they got detention and then their SIM card stopped working.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I produce music in my home using software and digital recording tools. I've been doing this for about 7-8 years (19yrs old now).

Sometimes I think of lyrics before I lay down the melody or set a tempo, then there are some days where I can make a beat perfect for a song that has to be made. I wouldn't say you need to have experienced some ordeal in order to make good music but in my situations it's helped a lot. People make music about stuff they don't even do sometimes :?

If you need any specific questions answered PM me on the forums or add my rsn in-game so we can talk, I'm sure we would have a lot of music to talk about. :wink:

gors2.gif

- Buy a good keyboard, one that has midi ports out and in etc

- Get an external sound card, with midi ports and great sound.

- Get a good program, FLStudio 5 and ACID are what I use, but I heard Reason is another good program, along with Adobe Digital, Cool edit etc. DONT PIRATE.

I also play the guitar. With band music, more of your focus goes into getting band players who are keen, supportive, and willing to practice. THEN TEACH THEM TO COUNT. Once you think you are good enough hire a recording studio and record a demo and send it to a lot of labels, and you might just get into the big league :)

I've been writing songs since grade 3.

Yes... they were horrible back then... I found a notebook I had full of songs... I died a little inside when I saw them xD.

I'm 14 now though, and I don't write anything too much, but every now and then I get something that if I don't write it down, I hit myself later, when I can't remember :P

But ya... I don't have to much to write about now, 'cept one of my best friends dating the guy I've liked all year... and she liked for about a week :( But oh well... I'll get over it.

I think your age doesn't matter to much really, just, somewhere above grade 3 would be nice :P

Blakdragon39.png

• 2 weeks later...

wre thking local me and my friend are in a band and need a basist an guitar were kindof punk how dose the 2nd cucumber sound as a name

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

wre thking local me and my friend are in a band and need a basist an guitar were kindof punk how dose the 2nd cucumber sound as a name

Excuse me...

BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Anyway, back on topic. A friend of mine is a master at recording his own music. Though, he can never get the lyrics part down very well, he tries. He's an excellent guitarist and records alot of instrumentals. Occassionally, he'll have a local someone come over and record some vocals for him.

3898000bYVcx.png