Is anyone else self-suficcent?

Nanosauromo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm totally dependent on the market.

i always buy my runes (btw it'd be hard to craft bloods, wouldn't it)

i buy herbs and 2nds

i buy food

i buy bars

just some materials that (more or the less accidently) built up in my bank i use.

also i craft my laws, but no other rune. and yes! i'm proud to be self sufficent when it comes to making super poison (although i still buy vials)

making everything yourself would be like cook your own food, instead of just ordering pizza :roll:

but i think it's cool to be self sufficent. about two years ago i made my own jam from gooseberry and (another kind of berry i can't find the translation in my dictionary) that i picked in my garden. was a very statisfying feeling. (i still have some jars :D )

Yup, I always make everything I can myself, you save money and get exp, what would RS be if everything would come in front of you on a silver plate?

Yes, it does take time. But I don't care.

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

I try to be as self-sufficient as possible. I make my own arrows, mine and smithe my bars, craft my runes, cook the lobbies I fish for myself, farm my herbs. Maybe it's slow, but I like knowing I did it all by myself.

Some raw materials (such as rune essences or flax) I do buy, cos they're such a drag to obtain and get you no worthy xp whatsoever.

But I find that few people appreciate this method. Yesterday, someone demanded to know why my levels are so low. Humpf.

Trying to make most of the stuff myself (increasing skill lvls) but if you want something you cant make (like a rune outfit) you'll just have to buy. I do however make money by high alching the stuff i make so in a way i - indirectly - make the stuff i buy. Im not a merchant nor an employer so i dare say im self sufficient

Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.

Jackalope14...

I will usually make my stuff If I can. Especially runes.

There are things I can't make though so I have to buy them. But other than that I hate spending my money.

Buying:bowstrings

LMAO! You just got owned by your signature?

Self sufficiency is a nice idea but it rapidly becomes a hinderance towards mid-level playing.

For example most people reach lv40 defence long before they reach lv99 smithing (rune plate).

I personally buy my ess (big RC lv up campaign starting soon) because the expense is covered in the return on the runes but I tend to cut my yews and spin my own bowstrings to get maximum profit from my yew longs.

iratebadger.png