Changing your RS name!

jokanovic

I find it somewhat suspicious that there are different forum accounts with only 2 posts agreeing with the OP, but that could just be me...

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

I think it would be too much of a hastle for Jagex to allow everyone to change their names. Sure people, like you said, could possibly do it only if they are 1500 skill total, but that kind of sounds unfair to me. Even so, could you imagen having everyone on your friends list change their names. I know I would not be able to keep track of all the new names ("are you the RS character formerly known as so so?"). Also, it would probably cause a very big strain on customer support with the thousands of impersonations they would receive.

Granted, given the chance I would most definitely change my name. There is a reason why my Tip It account (as well as everywhere else) is DDA and not Dr Dead Ant.

blacksignaturewn1.png

I think it would be too much of a hastle for Jagex to allow everyone to change their names. Sure people, like you said, could possibly do it only if they are 1500 skill total, but that kind of sounds unfair to me. Even so, could you imagen having everyone on your friends list change their names. I know I would not be able to keep track of all the new names ("are you the RS character formerly known as so so?"). Also, it would probably cause a very big strain on customer support with the thousands of impersonations they would receive.

Granted, given the chance I would most definitely change my name. There is a reason why my Tip It account (as well as everywhere else) is DDA and not Dr Dead Ant.

blacksignaturewn1.png

I remember people posting topics about having they're account being banned because they have an offensive name or what ever. In they're ban message jagex said that in the future they will be adding a change name option some day..... Guess it just never happend.... :roll:

mepoulinsigxv29qy.gif

Once in a life time!

dukefreedomdead1ng.png

I get annoyed with the amount of names in RS that have numbers in them. Why can't people just be more creative? I see so many 'name1' type names in RS. How can anyone want to be just the 'number x' version of any given name? Imagine, being one of many, a clone. How lazy, boring and unoriginal. :(

Gaelforcwynd.png

I don't get annoyed by those rs names with numbers in them. I just feel myself with my name without numbers better than those with a name with numbers, and like meeting other number-less people in the game. :D

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

I think you should be allowed only 1 name change, and only if your account is over 3 million total xp and has an offensive or really stupid name, i named my mage reaper poo 4 years ago now im stuck with it.

all i can say to you is ......

what a hypocrite!!

when i went on rants about my ban you said i deserved it for having such an offensive name, even though you knew of its potugese translation. you were the only one with a nasty, negative attitude and now i find you have a character with an intentional offensive name ( offensive by your high moral standards, not mine) so, therefore, do you think your character should be banned too?

* cough* double standards! *cough*

2hrmo37.jpg
limparse.png

Regardless of any kind of skill cap, the ability of being able to change ones name would open a can of worms. What you would need to implement is a time cap such as the one thats in place with the bank pin. This would curve abuse and rule breaking, but wouldn't stop it.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

If they gave the option 4 years ago it would have been ok.... maybe give you the chance to change it within a week of you creating your char? Then after that the option dis-abled.

IF they give the option now it would course utter chaos!

bunyip.png

I don't think there should be an option to change your RS name. There would be lots of confusion with friends lists and highscores, with people not knowing who they were friends with (ok, that sounds weird, but I hope you get my point).

yea i agree guy and who ever siad that there would be ban confusions cause someone caould just scam someone then change there sn b4 they get banned or auto then if they get reported they can just change there sn agian.

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores

I deeply don't want that to happen...

If it still would happen, then i would'nt change my name, although I know its a name of a spyware. If you pick a name and train that character to a strong one, then your char's name is famous enough for not changing it.

Cydoor.png