Bit of help with Firefox

eddiePerfect

Whenever this advertisment

firefoxhelp8yn.png

comes up runescape starts lagging, this only happens on this pc. Is there a way to block the advert?

Btw, i use firefox.

Thanks,

ep.

circular5bf.png

eddieperfect - (Unjustly) Banned 06.06

eddieperfekt - Created 05.11.06

Prankster_King - "ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s just click after click after click."

321184224778sn1.png

Nah. I'd reccomend against adblock. Many websites (such as tip.it) rely on advertising revenue to survive. If nobody saw the ads and nobody clicked on them, then this site wouldn't exist.

I suggest Flashblock - as the name would suggest, it blocks flash :) However, it leaves a placeholder image and if you click on it, the flash appears. You can also whitelist sites where you always want flash to be avaliable (eg. google video.)

This means that you'll still see regular image ads, and text ads, but flash stuff that makes sound or bounces around and generally takes up loads of memory, is disabled unless you want to see it :)

Yeh but if you adblock it then you are breaking the rules I think. Perhaps u could just report the advert to Jagex and state ur reason.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

Wicked it works, thanks Cameron. Thanks to everyone else aswell.

ep.

circular5bf.png

eddieperfect - (Unjustly) Banned 06.06

eddieperfekt - Created 05.11.06

Prankster_King - "ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s just click after click after click."

321184224778sn1.png

Yeh but if you adblock it then you are breaking the rules I think. Perhaps u could just report the advert to Jagex and state ur reason.

your not breaking the rules using adblock. Thats like saying your breaking the rules usuing Symantec Internet Security and using that to block scripts etc...

The adblock extension is horrible for leaking memory tho.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12