My first barrows trip..(also, help?)

Blade8422

I just under took my first trip to the famed Barrows.

I thought it would be amazing fun, and terribly hard.

But I used the tip.it guide and made some adjustments for my level and I was ready to go.

(I'm a level 83)

I ran through the swamps and took on dharok...These fights were MUCH easier then I expected...and I was using some pretty bad things...Steel arrows...lol

Then I get to the tunnels, Find my brother, Torag, And run on, looking for the door with the puzzles, and I got it but had no food, or prayer...So I was killing bloodworms and then the room was clear for a second and I thought it was my chance..

Guess what? I pressed the wrong answer!

So now I'm left running around looking for this door again. Get taken down to 13 health and decide to teleport out..

So now..I have no food, amour, runes or prayer potions and I still need to open my chest!

I can't get to that door because I'm not strong enough to kill off all the monsters around it.

Do you guys think I should go to a crowded world and have the monsters taken care of, Or try to handle them myself?

PS

One more thing, Before I dug above dharok, I noticed I had a kill count of 3...I hadn't killed anything?

Is that normal, or do I get a free extra chance of more items,etc..

Thanks

-Blade8422-

1z4gvi9.png

Just started my new account.

I just under took my first trip to the famed Barrows.

I thought it would be amazing fun, and terribly hard.

But I used the tip.it guide and made some adjustments for my level and I was ready to go.

(I'm a level 83)

I ran through the swamps and took on dharok...These fights were MUCH easier then I expected...and I was using some pretty bad things...Steel arrows...lol

Then I get to the tunnels, Find my brother, Torag, And run on, looking for the door with the puzzles, and I got it but had no food, or prayer...So I was killing bloodworms and then the room was clear for a second and I thought it was my chance..

Guess what? I pressed the wrong answer!

So now I'm left running around looking for this door again. Get taken down to 13 health and decide to teleport out..

So now..I have no food, amour, runes or prayer potions and I still need to open my chest!

I can't get to that door because I'm not strong enough to kill off all the monsters around it.

Do you guys think I should go to a crowded world and have the monsters taken care of, Or try to handle them myself?

PS

One more thing, Before I dug above dharok, I noticed I had a kill count of 3...I hadn't killed anything?

Is that normal, or do I get a free extra chance of more items,etc..

Thanks

-Blade8422-

You don't need to kill all the monsters, just keep clicking the door and the right answer, and the 3kc thing, you don't get "given" kc before you go, it's either you went there, someone went there or you had already killed 3 bros.

When you kill stuff , leave then come back you still have the kc

penguinesigrq6.png

Ok, thanks aussy

and weasel...I didn't take any. Lol, I took monk robes.

And as for the whole kill count thing, I've never been to Barrows in my life, Never killed anything from there, And nobody else has EVER touched my account.

Strange right?

1z4gvi9.png

Search the Archive Of Wisdom, and find my guide to the Barrows for lower levels. Or more conviniently look at my sig :lol:

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Go to the guide on the Tip.it site, the answers to all the puzzles are there. Once you know all the answers and can recognize them easily and quickly, all you need to do at the puzzle door is click on it right when a monster attacks you (or a millisecond later). That will give you the time betwee two monster attacks, which if not now eventually will be plenty of time to answer the puzzle (I've opened the chest 200 times, once you do it enough you can basically map out the tunnels right when you go down, and puzzles are extremely easy :P .)

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

You don't have to kill all the monsters in that room. Just keep on clicking on the door if the monster attacks you. If you are fast enough, you will get through.

BTW, I saw this level 70 in dharok's mound today. And guess what, she was using BLUE ROBES without prayer. When I went it, I saw her maging dharok and eating. Then dharok hit a 30 on her and she started running in circles around the tomb, trying to find the sidestep thing but guess what? She got hit another 30 and died. I saw a full inventory of sharks! BUT since I am already full[i kill dharok first with prayer], I saw it go to waste! =[

Go to the guide on the Tip.it site, the answers to all the puzzles are there. Once you know all the answers and can recognize them easily and quickly, all you need to do at the puzzle door is click on it right when a monster attacks you (or a millisecond later). That will give you the time betwee two monster attacks, which if not now eventually will be plenty of time to answer the puzzle (I've opened the chest 200 times, once you do it enough you can basically map out the tunnels right when you go down, and puzzles are extremely easy :P .)

Everyone Can get the puzzle wrong, i get it wrong but accidentally clicking the wrong answer

penguinesigrq6.png

Hey I am sorry to hear that. I go in every now and then at lvl 81, (went in first at 76) and you just have to get the right puzzle done. Wear some rune armor with some food go down and keep clicking until you get the puzzle right. Good luck again, and best wishes for an item.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help,

I'll go back today and try to get to that chest!

I haven't been at tip.it for long, Well...Not posting for long, But I'd like to add that this is the best fansite with the best community.

I'll be here for the rest of my Runescape days.

:)

1z4gvi9.png

You should just bring rune or something inside,kill Torag,find your door,open your door and open the Chest,and tele out

BTW,you might want to look at the puzzle answers so you can do it fast.

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Everyone Can get the puzzle wrong, i get it wrong but accidentally clicking the wrong answer

I havn't messed up a single puzzle in my last 160 trips :P . Its just memory and reflexes, which one should build fairly quickly after a dozen or two trips.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Oh, I didn't mention I killed Torag.

Oh well, I just went back and opened the chest

Got 1900gp, 38 bloods and 200 or so minds.

Nothing flash, But I didn't spend anything on going there.

I just memorised the puzzle answers and got through, with a kill count of 17.

I have to say, after only one trip...

I LOVE BARROWS

I'm going to spend about a week runecrafting, fishing and cooking, and fletching so i can go back...

ie. Making my own runes, arrows and food so I can go.

:D

1z4gvi9.png