"Bonus" Rewards from Miscellania

kwimbob

Hmm... so what we really need now is a pic of the bonus from fishing. So someone needs to put in at least a 50% effort in to fishing to check that out. All of the other bonuses look like they've had quite a good bit of confirmation. The teak/mahogany is still a little disputed, so if someone wants to do 50%+ in rare woods, but not in maples (so the bird nests from maples don't look like they're from the rare wood) and then anything else.

Fishing, 50% effort, 100% approval, maximum money drain (75k):

220 Tuna, 66 Swordies, 3 uncut gems (1 saph 2 emerald) and one casket.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to post this here too. 100% on rare trees (both) and 50% on mining. I got a nest. So, it's possible.

royalnest4tq.png

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I wonder if there is a distinct connection between the money invested and rares you get. I remember a person posting that with a 500k investment, a filled maple bar and 100%, they got 5 mests. I did the same, and had the same result (although the seeds were different, I had 3 banana seeds, an acorn and a red egg.)

I set it to the same yesterday, and later today i'll see if my results are the same. If results like this are not uncommon, this could potentialy be a half-decent source of money or farming exp.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Decided to post this here too. 100% on rare trees (both) and 50% on mining. I got a nest. So, it's possible.

royalnest4tq.png

Awesome, so that's confirmed.

Hmm... so what we really need now is a pic of the bonus from fishing. So someone needs to put in at least a 50% effort in to fishing to check that out. All of the other bonuses look like they've had quite a good bit of confirmation. The teak/mahogany is still a little disputed, so if someone wants to do 50%+ in rare woods, but not in maples (so the bird nests from maples don't look like they're from the rare wood) and then anything else.

Fishing, 50% effort, 100% approval, maximum money drain (75k):

220 Tuna, 66 Swordies, 3 uncut gems (1 saph 2 emerald) and one casket.

Ok, so this shows that fishing gives either gems or caskets, thx! :)

Oh actually, what was your other job? If it was mining that might have been where the gems were from, but I'm guessing you made sure the gems were from the fishing, I'm just checking :wink:

I wonder if there is a distinct connection between the money invested and rares you get. I remember a person posting that with a 500k investment, a filled maple bar and 100%, they got 5 mests. I did the same, and had the same result (although the seeds were different, I had 3 banana seeds, an acorn and a red egg.)

I set it to the same yesterday, and later today i'll see if my results are the same. If results like this are not uncommon, this could potentialy be a half-decent source of money or farming exp.

Well, the money in the box is definitely related to how many bonus items you get. This is because the more money in there, the more of the resource you get, and with more of that resource there's a bigger chance to get bonuses.

It's like chopping trees yourself for bird nests. The more you chop, the more bird nests you'll get (ignoring luck, because it will work out this way eventually). So giving more money chops more wood and gets more bonus items.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

royalnest4tq.png

Hmm So they do give nests... but you say you had 100% on rare woods... and only ONE nest so you can get nests but prob a rarer chance then maples I would say

70+ all skills. 17/24 skills 75+

So this is what the "bonus" seems to be so far.

Maples: birds nests

Rare wood: decreased birds nests

Coal: Gems

Herbs/Flax: ?

Farming: rare/tree seeds

Fishing: Gems and caskets

Does that seem right? And has anone confirmed that though a slim chance you can get the "bonus" from 50%.

I confirmed the 50% myself before I added it. I also have the list of all the bonuses on my first post if you check it out.

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

what quest is required to do this?

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Throne of Miscellania is required.

Royal Trouble will the boost all your rewards and also allow you to get seeds and rare wood.

Might want to say that its rarer to get birds nests on teak and mohgani then it is for maple trees.

K, good point.

Might want to say that its rarer to get birds nests on teak and mohgani then it is for maple trees.

K, good point.

The low nest drop rate of rare trees can mean that Jagex have prepared for the Construction madness. A lot of people will cut teaks and mahagony so the high nest drop rate could spoil tree seed market. To avoid this the drop rate of nests is so small. don't know though if this is true when you cut your teaks and mahagonies by yourself. I while ago nest drops from mahagonies were very good. You could get 1 nest per 10-12 minutes on average. Drop rate for maples was worse for sure.

Another conclusion that we can make is that you get ~1 nest per 100k invested in maples. The ring/seed ratio is about 50/45 leaving the 5% for eggs.

is there a good reason for me to get rare wood when i dont intend on burning or selling them?

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

100% fishing, 50% mining with 100% approval and 75k paid out gave me this:

fishingreward3bb.jpg

From the way its laid out I'm guessing the emerald came from the mining and the rest from the fishing.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

I forgot to post what I got from Miscellenia yesterday, so I guess i'll post it now. The bonus rewards were the same, however considerably less impressive. two saphire rings, a gold ring, diamond ring (I never even knew you could get those from a nest) and a willow seed.

The amount of money I put in was the same as yesterday. My current theory is that you get one nest per 100k in the coffers when its set to 100% maples, and 50% rare wood. I set it to the same yesterday, and i'll post my results when I can collect again. If the same happens, i'll then put in 600k, and see if my results improved as such.

(and this time I'll try to get a picture :roll: )

Artemis_42.png

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

100% approval

90% on mahagony

60% on maples

What i got: 535 maples, 5 nests (green egg :) ), 200 mahagony <-- in same order, so i think no nests from rare trees

55th to 99 runecrafting

I forgot to post what I got from Miscellenia yesterday, so I guess i'll post it now. The bonus rewards were the same, however considerably less impressive. two saphire rings, a gold ring, diamond ring (I never even knew you could get those from a nest) and a willow seed.

The amount of money I put in was the same as yesterday. My current theory is that you get one nest per 100k in the coffers when its set to 100% maples, and 50% rare wood. I set it to the same yesterday, and i'll post my results when I can collect again. If the same happens, i'll then put in 600k, and see if my results improved as such.

(and this time I'll try to get a picture :roll: )

I think i have to agree. I had 500k in the coffers and got 5 birds nest.

Yeah... I put 750k in and got 8 bird nests, so that actually seems accurate.

Alright today I figure I try 100% maple and 50% farming

1117pk.png

2 birds eggs, now i have 1 green and 3 blue eggs (no red :()

100% approval and 750k in coffers

Bonuses:

Maples - 3 banana, 2 acorn, 1 orange (eggs too)

Farming - apple tree

70+ all skills. 17/24 skills 75+

As promised, I have todays reward (this time with a picture :D )

resources.png

I think this now porves my theory that the bonuses you get are not determined by luck, but wholey by the money put into the coffers. (I'll update this with the seeds when I look in the nests)

EDIT: They contained, 1 gold ring, 1 saphire ring, an apple tree seed, a curry tree seed and an acorn.

Artemis_42.png

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

As promised, I have todays reward (this time with a picture :D )

resources.png

I think this now porves my theory that the bonuses you get are not determined by luck, but wholey by the money put into the coffers. (I'll update this with the seeds when I look in the nests)

EDIT: They contained, 1 gold ring, 1 saphire ring, an apple tree seed, a curry tree seed and an acorn.

I agree. With maple, every single day I've gotten 8 bird nests. They've been getting 75k and had 100% approval and workers in it. I believe that what someone said earlier, that maple's bird nests are worth 10k each at 100% approval and effort, is correct and that it always rounds up. My 75k always gets rounded up to 8 bird nests from the maples.

I also always got 1 guam seed when flax had 50% effort and I had 100%/750k for them. It's true that bonus rewards aren't luck (though bird nests and caskets can include different things as always).