"Welcome, guest!" when logged in...

At the bottom of the forums, there is the "Welcome guest!" bit at the bottom, even when I am logged in.

If you dont know what i mean, i mean this bit:

Welcome Fellow Scapers

Welcome to the Tip.it Community!

As a guest, you can only see a few of our boards.

Register for our forums to see our Market Place, RuneScape Boards, Media Center, and other exciting discussion boards!

Read more inside for information about account activation, ban appeals, and any other account problems you have.

is it supposed to be there?

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

but shouldnt it be so that only guests can read it?

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

It's just part of the forum description , it appears the same to everyone

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I think its that :-/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Bah should have looked before posted. Its just done as an extra forum category so you cant hide it when people log in.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Bah should have looked before posted. Its just done as an extra forum category so you cant hide it when people log in.
Sure you can.

Auto-add to usergroup where permissions to view / read that forum are denied, on register ;)

Sure you can.

Auto-add to usergroup where permissions to view / read that forum are denied, on register ;)

That'll be a massive usergroup lol... We'd be better off this hard coding it into the layout with a if($_SESSION) thingy... But then again, is it really that needed?

That'll be a massive usergroup lol... We'd be better off this hard coding it into the layout with a if($_SESSION) thingy... But then again, is it really that needed?
What is needed surely is hiding all the forums from logged out people? yes/no/maybe. At the moment the whole section is practically useless, its right at the bottom of the page no new person is gonna see it before they register

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

What is needed surely is hiding all the forums from logged out people? yes/no/maybe. At the moment the whole section is practically useless, its right at the bottom of the page no new person is gonna see it before they register
IMO yea... either we should show all the posts, or just hide all other forums than the announcements and the welcome guests... But yea, I talked with the admins about it, and they don't really seem to be wanting to do much about it...

IMO yea... either we should show all the posts, or just hide all other forums than the announcements and the welcome guests... But yea, I talked with the admins about it, and they don't really seem to be wanting to do much about it...
Wasn't that how it was before (guests saw announcements and welcome fellow scapers?) That makes the most sense imho.

It might be a little confusing for people who arrive from links on tip.it/runescape (eg links to times discussion topics.) But perhaps the general board could be set to View=Reg, Read=All? I've nver tried that before, but I think that would work.