Next Generation Smileys advert... remove it!!

Argh! If you get this, I think you will all agree it should be removed from Tip.It! Every time you have to go to some button above the advert you get the same stupid sound which is...

"Ohmagowd! Go away!!"

GAH! It ruins my songs, everytime I accidentally scroll over it and have to hear it! Now I have to move around it, oh the inconvenience!

This is possibly the most annoying advert on the internet right now, please please please removed it from the Tip.It forums.. I know it's a way of making money, but it destroys the fun of coming on these forums while listening to a good song or album!

Please have some other advert without the sounds..

Not going on RS for a while.. truely can't be bothered... and don't ask for stuff.

Yea I agree it annoys me so much. At the moment it seems to be the only advert they have. It seems everytime I move my mouse I hear "OHMYGAWD...NOWAY". So please Tip.It remove the annoying advert.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I dont agree with removing ads because they are annoying but Smilie Central does include mywebsearch spyware so if you are looking for a reason to remove it then that should be it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Definately remove it. I got spyware from a similar kind of advert before, and the sound is VERY annoying.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

http://www.getfirefox.com

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=433

Firefox includes an inbuilt popup blocker that blocks intrusive popup ads.

Flashblock blocks flash unless you whitelist a site (eg. you'd whitelist google video) but you can simply click if you want to play one.

Don't block all ads, as many websites (including tip.it) rely on revenue from ads to survive. I suggest you actually click on them from time to time :D

I have been trying and trying to find this ad , but it is never displayed for me , I/we need the URL of the ad itself to get it removed if it really is that bad

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I have been trying and trying to find this ad , but it is never displayed for me , I/we need the URL of the ad itself to get it removed if it really is that bad
The issue with flash ads is you cant get the url of it like you can with image ads. :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well it's pretty annoying, and you can't get the URL for it either...

Sometimes when I load Tip.It, it's the only advert on there.. other times it never is.. devious little things.

Cameron, thanks for the advice.. but if this annoys more than one person in the forum.. it'd be easier to remove it than for everyone else to get Firefox.. :P Although it's the best browser out there.

Not going on RS for a while.. truely can't be bothered... and don't ask for stuff.

The issue with flash ads is you cant get the url of it like you can with image ads. :(

you can always find a way to sneek a view source on the iframe , a user sent me the proper link last night :)

I'll forward it over to the Site owner and ask him to getit out of the rotation as soon as he can , as I also dont think making 95k people use firefox with flashblock is very fair :lol:

I've personaly given the link that was sent to me to the Site Owner and he is going to remove it ASAP :)