The fine art of drinking tea

Nickelliston

Does anybody know why sometimes when i drink tea my construction goes up by 1 when other times it goes up by 2? any help would be appreciated.

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

The level expiration timer is on a clock that periodically "drains" the extra levels (or adds them as time restores some dropped skill levels, ya know).

So when you get less than the normal amount, you happened to hit right on a "downgrade" and that's why you seemed to get less.

HTH

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

The level expiration timer is on a clock that periodically "drains" the extra levels (or adds them as time restores some dropped skill levels, ya know).

So when you get less than the normal amount, you happened to hit right on a "downgrade" and that's why you seemed to get less.

HTH

I dirnk tea and i only go up by 1 (all the time) why is that?

emflum5eq5.gif

PRIVATE CHAT ON My Blog

Dragon Drops:2 Chains, 4 Meds, 1 2H, 2 Left Halves, 2 Legs, 1 Skirt

Rate My Bank!

hmm that's odd. anybody know for sure?

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

it depends on the cup - i it is made in a high level cup from a house, it goes upo by 2, normal only by 1

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I always get +2 (tho it does seem that sometimes it drops down to +1 a bit too quickly). It never occured to me to use any cup other than the ones the house provides, but I did read somewhere that tea with no milk gave +2 while weakened or denatured tea (British 'nursery' tea, with added milk) gives only +1. Since I detest the idea of milk in tea, I've never tested it.

jiggeryqua.png

A theory given in the Beer and Ales guide is that the stat boost depends on your level (like genie points) - so a lower level gets 1 and a higher level gets 2, etc.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Actually I believe I found the true answer here.

There are 3 different cups (maybe 3 different tea pots too, but i can't confirm the tea pots). The ugly cup (+1), the white cup (+2), and the white cup with the gold trim (+3). It's not true that the teak shelves 1 give you the gold cup though, I believe that it's teak shelves 2 (because I know 1 doesn't, so 2 must). I know that the demon butler gives gold cups, but the lower servants probably give worse tea and cups. I'm also not sure which shelf switchese from the ugly cup to the white cup.

Maybe we should finish the research on this because it's not in the KB.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I just built oak shelves 1, and suddenly tea only gives +1 - I'm using what I think is an ugly cup - I was using a white one but now the shelves give a sort of beige cup-and-saucer and I only get +1 from my tea. I'm at lvl 32 - but I managed to get +2 at that level before I changed shelving. I'd already removed both beds, confident on boosting enough to build big oak bed 1 or whatever it is - now me and the servant will have to sleep on the floor. I haven't paid him in days - I wonder if this will be the last straw and he'll stop mooching around and go home to Ardougne?

jiggeryqua.png

bit of an odd question... if your f2p and somehow get your hands on tea (?) and can drink it, does it do the same to your construction as if you were p2p?

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

Actually I believe I found the true answer here.

There are 3 different cups (maybe 3 different tea pots too, but i can't confirm the tea pots). The ugly cup (+1), the white cup (+2), and the white cup with the gold trim (+3). It's not true that the teak shelves 1 give you the gold cup though, I believe that it's teak shelves 2 (because I know 1 doesn't, so 2 must). I know that the demon butler gives gold cups, but the lower servants probably give worse tea and cups. I'm also not sure which shelf switchese from the ugly cup to the white cup.

Maybe we should finish the research on this because it's not in the KB.

Using teak shelves1 with the cook does give gold trimmed cups also.

cons4xn.png

con10bl.png

cons27ji.png

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]