~~~~ POHs and Dungeons: Planning in advance ~~~~

Briante

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get high construction by building oak dining tables or larders over and over again. It is quite expensive though. At 65 it started costing like 200k per level to turn logs into planks.

tippysiggy.jpg

Basically, my house just grew, but luckily, I didn't put anything in horrendous locations.

At the moment my construction skill is in the 52 (54 w a nice cuppa!).

From the garden entrance to my house, I have the default parlor to the north.

East of the garden is the workshop for fast access and lots of training past, present and future. Thru the workshop is one of the two bedrooms.

West of the garden is the first portal room. It has the quick common teleports activated to lumby, falador and varrock.

South of the garden is the chapel for praying and then west of the chapel is the second portal room with teleports for camelot, ardougne and canafis activated.

The rest of the house is accessed thru the parlor.

West of the parlor is the skill room, and above the skill room is the quest room with a mounted glory amulet (for more teleports). From the quest room you go east (over the parlor) to the study.

Now, I understand that the study seems a bit useless. True a one inventory space teleport item that can be activated by just clicking it even in the middle of combat is nice as anyone with an ectophial knows.

[Do you only ever want to wind up somewhere besides Port Phantasmys though?] But these teleport chits are a way to gain the experience from training while providing useful abilities to your noobie/pure friends whose magic has trouble with casting air dart. :) Alternatively, you get the experience and have something to sell to low levels. And since like runes they are stackable and only take one space you can bail repeatedly with them and it's still only 1 inventory space. And unlike the ectophial, losing it doesn't mean a long walk back to the port to get a new one. But yes studies aren't really that useful at mid-range const lvls for you personally.

The rest of my house: heading out from the parlor to the east is the kitchen, this provides easy access for that nice cuppa tea ;) and then north of the kitchen is the dining room and north of that is the second bedroom. From the dining room you can head east into the game room and then east beyond the game room is the combat room.

That's only 15 rooms and rather compactly arranged. Eventually when my construction skill (and bank account) are high enough I plan to place a formal garden north of the game room and a throne room north of the combat room. Add in oubliette and dungeon and treasure room and that makes 20 rooms. But Const 75 is something I'm not really working toward at this time.

Certainly Jagex needs to increase the number of rooms in POH, but I can understand their desire to avoid people eating up space with a low level skill. Just as the base size of the plot increases with skill from 3x3 up to 8x8, so should the house size minimum. 20 rooms to start is fine, but jagex should let that increase to 40 at 4x4, to 60 at 5x5, to 80 at 6x6, to 100 at 7x7, to 125 at 8x8 with a future quest* that doubles the number of rooms you can build at whatever your current level is. This will let people like Zezima and NOvalyfe and everyone else with more money and skill than sense build those outrageous mansions with the attached dungeon from heck. Three floor mansions, imagine the 8x8 with a central 2x2 formal garden surrounded by a 3 story behemoth of 60 rooms per level for 184 rooms (counting the gardens) + a 64 room dungeon maze (well hopefully 63+1) for a total of 248 rooms out of a possible 256.

*Something involving the construction of a new fortress or something. [Perhaps the elves need someone to design a new wall for Prifddinas.

Similarly the elves could then use a quest for giving access to the city.

Mourning's End part 3 perhaps? The Mourners and the King are both confounded in their schemes? And some way to teleport directly into the city once you've gained access since I for one find the elflands annoying to navigate on foot. Too many pits, tripwires etc.]-->but this is all an OT digression and a previously elsewhere much discussed one too.

This house have way to many doors.

To give someone a tour will be ages lol.

I also would put the quest hall downstairs while skills is upstairs for faster access to golry.

The only thing this house is better then mine is workshop access.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

Um... saying a house has too many doors is just stupid, if a player has all the rooms like I do, everyone has the same amount of doors.

And also, wouldn't too many doors make a tour go faster?

tippysiggy.jpg

Um... saying a house has too many doors is just stupid, if a player has all the rooms like I do, everyone has the same amount of doors.

And also, wouldn't too many doors make a tour go faster?

To much doors mean u have to open a door for each part of the house. you don't have 1 door to enter the house and then go where u want (like mine).

You have have 2 gardens that is kind of useless and waste of 1 room u can use in your doungeon.

And because of your ground floor design you have a problem with the doungeon - have to put 2 corriedors from the stairs to the oubliette. You can "fix" it by putting the stairs to the doungeon in the extra garden u put.

and like bigmoneyak said:

all ou have here is an average and too many door house.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

Lol, I've given plenty of tours and trust me, doors aren't hard to open. :lol:

If you don't want a 2 corridor hallway you can put the stairs directly north of the oubliette and make a dungeon entrance in the second garden. (That's why I originally planned to have 2 gardens.)

Both of you have a right to think your designs are better, but my design is not average. It looks much more organized than those annoying houses that are just a block of rooms. My house has class and I think you'll find many people agree. You have the right to ignore this thread if you disagree.

Although I think you are missing the point of my thread. I am encouraging people to plan ahead so they don't waste money on tear downs. My template is a sample that can be altered as you want.

tippysiggy.jpg

Although I think you are missing the point of my thread. I am encouraging people to plan ahead so they don't waste money on tear downs. My template is a sample that can be altered as you want.

if u say so... I don't see any where u saying that. If that the point of the tread it should be saying what people should think on when planning (Rooms close to entrance, cost, double rooms, set for barrows, set for "worship" bonus, set for training), few ideas of designs (1 floor + dungeon, 2 floors + dungeon).

Putting your house and tell people: plan in head, look what I did, it is the best design isn't make people to think on their own.

Alright... I had this brainstormage and I thought.. Mabye you should actually go to his house before you flame him about it *gasps* I went in and found it quite nice. It flows nicely and the two gardens look quite nice ^_^ So people, remmeber that his house might not be perfect for you, but as long as he likes it.... (bigmoneyyak, I personally don't like your house...)

Here is what I called design:

You can actually build the rooms according to lvl.

You have 2 doors only.

You actually can build the design cause it have 20 rooms.

And it usefull:

saams0gc.png

Dessigned accoring to my current house and the "bugs" I have in mine (workshop second floor)

Made with my awsome Home Design software :) check it out and pm what u think.