Legends quest question involving agility

x_20_x

i wouldn't suggest it. Just get 50, its not that much harder to get...Plus, you'd have to bring a ton of pots, because agility is the only skill thats really used constantly throughout the quest. Also, if you are planning on doing regicide later, its a nice start...its not that much harder to do, just do some quests.

if you bumble around agility arena cluelessly it's a total waste of time.

Here's boffo's not-so quick and dirty brimhaven agility arena guide:

Requirements:

Be at LEAST 40 agility so you can use the majority of the paths.

have a moderate level of thief to get food.

some cash (max 230 gp), a form of teleport you can wear, boots of lightness from ikov temple (never have to start the quest)

Prep:

Bank in east ard and dump all that armor etc. Weight is your enemy. boots of lightness are required kit as they will counter the weight of your food.

Grab enouigh gold for boat (if no ring of charos it's 30 gp) and the entrance fee for arena for 200 gp. have exact change so the inventory slot is free once on the course

Have a form of teleport out you can wear, like glory or dueling ring, since that doesn;t eat a valuable inventory slot.

head over to ard market and steal 27 cakes from the cake stall, leaving the last slot for the cash. As you steal the cakes, eat any bread or chocs you get inbetween stall pops. You want the 3 portion white cakes, the golden amber of agility training.

Lights!

take boat to kaj and the arena is east of the docks. Pay entance and drop any excess gold, you must have a free inventory slot for the arena tickets.

Camera!

Go to tip it's skill page on agility and scroll down to simple, easy to understand, color coded map. keep this up in some form so you can reference it as you chase tickets.

tiling windpws is one way to keep the map handy, multi monitors or even printed/handwritten maps taped onto the monitor work.

Instead of chasing after the first arrow you see on entry, calmly make your way to the center platform as you have no idea how much time is left on the current arrow.

Action!

Look close at the lay out of the arena and lok for the 3 traps to avoid at all costs; the dreaded poisoned darts.

Darts are bad bad bad news because not only do they need 40 agility to pass and cause damage, but they lower your agility for a good time span. once you go below 40 agility, you will auto fail darts and the spin blades. you can die in the arena and this is the trap that does it.

Once you hit level 50 agility, it's safe to use darts as a means of passage. First off you can afford a few lost agility points on fail and second, a sucessful darts is one of the fastest traps to cross. Keep in mind you do not want to dip befow 45 agility as those spin blades are nasty customers still.

at low 40 agility, spin blades can be especially painful as their fail rate is high, if you fail 5 in a row, just chill and realize the random number generator hates you. No way to avoid these traps btw so grin and bear it. at 50 and higher, the fail rate goes down dramatically.

The other passway you need to be careful of are the ones along the outer wall called hand holds. the reason these are so dangerous is that when you fail, you lose a ton of time and energy not only getting to the point of failure but trying to run around the basement to get back up top. Realize if you can't afford to avoid a hand hold, a single failure means a missed arrow most times. The rope swing is similar in danger but not as bad a time sink.

The saw blade traps are not automatic click pass traps. You must manually time these to run by without getting hit.

low walls are a free trap... when you can, make use of these paths for less resistance.

as in all agility training, the damage you take is based on your total hp remaining. the magic number is 20 and under whean traps do their minimum 3 damage. Use those cakes you stole to heal 4 hp at a time and account for your regen. no point eating a slice of cake until 15 or lower hp.

Remember that to earn a ticket you must flag up before the arrow changes 2 times for the first ticket. When you miss a ticket, you need to get two in a row again to start earning tickets. This game is not a race to be first amoung the players, it's only about beating the evil random number generator.

run energy is the key to tickets. Try and not leave auto run on but use selective alt to run when you need to. If you do go 0 energy, best to just walk center and chill until you are 100% again once you miss a flag.

The basic game plan is to be as close to center as you can afford before the next change in platform. The reason for this is, the less distance to the flag at start, the less running you must do. So start center, walk/run to flag and start heading back to center platform. You end up eating more food this way yes but you get exp per trap (which adds up) and heading back to ard for food is fast and easy.

The key here is you want the longest streak of tickets you can manage. Miss one and you lose out of a minimum of 2 tickets, adding a 3rd missed ticket to that streak is a ok if it means you can make the next 25 tiickets.

Be careful if at center as change in arrows can sometimes be hard to spot. other people on the course helps alert you to flag changes.

from the center platform, darts are west, wall is south, spin blade north and pillars east. If a flag is to the west, best move is to head south over the low wall then west from there.

A little trick to shave time off many of the traps is to click move right at the apex of a trap and one will dash a step right out. Takes some practice but if you remain in walk mode, it's easy to spot when you've done it correctly. split seconds sometimes matters!

When you are done, teleport out. if you don;t recall, the manual exit is in the north east corner, hehehe not east, um?

Don't trade in tickets for exp until you have 100 or 1000 tickets as you get more exp per ticket for bulk turn-ins

At low forty agility, every 100 tickets makes a noticable improvement in your arena results such that you shouldn;t wait for 1k tickets if the arena is your only form of agility exp.

Over over 50 agility, best to save up 1k tickets for the 320k return as single level skill up are not that profound at that level.

Above all, have fun and keep the arena in mind when you have 2k magic longs to hi alch.

Cheers!

-BB

I did legends last week @ 48 agility, it's fine.

The part where you squeeze past 3 triangular rocks requires 50 agility. If you take a pot (i was potted from 48-51) you rarely fail it from my experience.

Oh, you also need to be potted to get into the guild to start the quest.

There's a jagged wall which can lower your agility if you fail it, but i'm pretty sure i got over that without 50. There's also a path you'll probably fall down with low agility, losing about 20 hp, but it's not a big problem.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

One hell of post

Wow I was just reading through this and I think it should be put on the main site. Thanks dude *hurries to the areana*

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

A little trick to shave time off many of the traps is to click move right at the apex of a trap and one will dash a step right out. Takes some practice but if you remain in walk mode, it's easy to spot when you've done it correctly. split seconds sometimes matters!

When you are done, teleport out. if you don;t recall, the manual exit is in the north west corner.

Good info BoffoBoy. Those handholds have gotten the better of me more times than I care to tell. Just a little correction - the exit is in the northeast corner.

I don't understand the part about clicking "move right". What do ya mean there?

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

When you are done, teleport out. if you don;t recall, the manual exit is in the north west corner.

Good info BoffoBoy. Those handholds have gotten the better of me more times than I care to tell. Just a little correction - the exit is in the northeast corner.

I don't understand the part about clicking "move right". What do ya mean there?

I think I know what he's talking about. I do it sometimes. Like, with the spinning blades, you click to go and do the spinning blades thing and when your character jumps, while in mid-air of the jump, you click to wherever it is you want to move, maybe even on the next trap and you'll see your character dash faster than normal to wherever it is you clicked to move to.

Noctis666.png

oh, thanks for explaining Noctis, I appreciate it. :)

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

what noc said.

not really all the easy to explain unless you think of it in server tics.

eh hmm heheh.

Well the game keeps track of where you are and every server tic, you can do a different action. This applies to everything from casting spells to eating/stealing food, each has it's own dead time after the act before you can do it again.

with an sort of one step agility trap like a low wall, you can eleminate a move tic by commanding to move during the trap phase....

In walk mode with you climbing over a wall and then moving 2 spaces away...

[wall] -> [stop move at end of trap] - > [walk to waypoint1] -> [walk to waypoint2]

the trick is to command to move just as you have done the trap so you never stop...

looks like....

[wall] -> [dash to waypoint1] -> [walk to waypoint2]

much much easier to show in game as you can see the time saved on your own screen.

low wall agility traps are great training for this timing since their animation is simple... click the move as you hit to top of the wall.

if you use this concept in the barb agility course along with a 4 click path, repeating the crumbling wall is better exp than running the course....

Cheers!

-BB

Wow. You took the slightly more complicated but more in depth approach at explaining it. I was just explaining how to do it.

If you still don't understand what he's getting at, go try it yourself. Doesn't need to be spinning blades or the wall climb. Spinning blades, falling rocks, and floor [bleep]es are easiest ones to see it for yourself since you just click to move to wherever a little after you see your character jump and you'll get the idea of what he's talking about. Easier to time that moving click imo.

Noctis666.png