NIGHTWISH!

ArchAngelSandalphon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. I never knew Tuomas sang .. darn why don't I know these things. He'd surely be really good 'coz his lyrics are awesome.

He has done it sometimes when they're playing live (while Tarja changed clothes at the backroom) and sang some songs/parts in some songs on their first album Angels fall first. Anyways that album was released like 10 years ago, so don't judge him by it :P

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I've never really listened to Nightwish before, like fanatic, but still it was a shame when Tarja Turunen got kicked out of the band.. :?

Omg, this is so unfair, omg.

Combat 66. :lol:

I saw Nightwish live at Boxing day 2004 and Tuomas sang few songs, including Megadeth's tornado of souls. Gotta admit I liked more about the songs he sang than the ones Tarja did.

If you ask me, I'd like to hear a full album of Nightwish with Tuomas singing. IMO he's am underrated singer and they are looking a new singer for no reason.

I think you're referring to the base player, Marco Hietala, who has been doing male vocals since he joined the band. If you want to hear Tuomas sing, listen to the album Angels Fall First. Trust me, his singing is quite dreadful and really pulls the album down :P

If you want to hear a full album done by Hietala, look up the band Tarot, where he's the lead singer.

i dont like gothmetal. i think nightwish is to slow to be 'metal'

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

i dont like gothmetal. i think nightwish is to slow to be 'metal'
Stargazers, Wishmaster, The Wayfarer and about two thirds of the album Once to name a few. Nightwish is far from goth. It's power metal with a female vocalist.
Can anyone name and songs that Tuomas sang please? I havn't got the album Angels Fall First' date=' and me and my friend are dying to hear him sing[/quote']Beauty and the Beast*, The Carpenter, Astral Romance**, Once Upon a Troubadour

* A live recording of this song is available on some versions of the Over the Hills and Far Away EP, but the male voice in that recording is Tony Kakko, lead singer of Sonata Arctica.

** This song was rerecorded for the same EP, with the lyrics of the male part rewritten, they were also sung by Tony Kakko. (To prevent confusion: He also did backing vocals on the EP's title track, but the male vocals on the song Tenth Man Down were done by Wilska, their roadie, who also did vocals on Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean and The Pharaoh Sails to Orion).

its totally goth music, speedmetal is more like rob zombie or stuff

Female vocals =/= goth. If Nightwish didn't have female vocals, it'd be a pretty standard Scandinavian power metal band. It's pretty much Sonata Arctica with a different vocalist. Bands like Theatre of Tragedy are goth metal.

Female vocals =/= goth. If Nightwish didn't have female vocals, it'd be a pretty standard Scandinavian power metal band. It's pretty much Sonata Arctica with a different vocalist. Bands like Theatre of Tragedy are goth metal.

Preaty much, nightwish has a lot more other instruments as well though, not just guitar/keyboard.

not to bring up old threads but some questions. was it thoumas who sang in riverdragon and has any one heard high hopes by nightwish live (it was a cover for a pink floyd song)
Riverdragon? Can't say I've heard of this song. I've head the Pink Floyd cover though. During longer concerts they often do instrumental songs (Moondance, Roll Tide) or songs with just male vocals, often covers (Crazy Train, Symphony of Destruction) which are sung by Marco, to give Tarja's voice a few minutes rest.

Preaty much, nightwish has a lot more other instruments as well though, not just guitar/keyboard.

Yeah, don't they use orchestras now too?

cescsig.jpg

They've used a full orchestra and choir for some tracks of the Once album, most notably Ghost Love Score, but outside of those tracks they only use the occasional flute or violin.

They've used a full orchestra and choir for some tracks of the Once album, most notably Ghost Love Score, but outside of those tracks they only use the occasional flute or violin.

Yeah ghost love score was my most obvious example. I remember the first time Azvareth showed it to me, hehe ---> :shock: me.

I saw Nightwish live at Boxing day 2004 and Tuomas sang few songs, including Megadeth's tornado of souls. Gotta admit I liked more about the songs he sang than the ones Tarja did.

If you ask me, I'd like to hear a full album of Nightwish with Tuomas singing. IMO he's am underrated singer and they are looking a new singer for no reason.

Hm, are you sure that's Tuomas you're talking about? It's usually Marco who sings in Nightwish, in fact, Tuomas had said after Angels Fall First that he would never make the mistake to sing again. Imo he's got a pleasant voice, not quite suited for metal but nice.

If we're talking about Marco, he totally rules. And yeah, he could probably handle the vocals on his own, except Tuomas wants a female voice to express his thoughts better...;p

Tarja was really something though, I mean if you were a big fan you can't say 'she was nothing special, she's replaceable'. Tuomas himself doesn't make that mistake. Which is why they still haven't found anyone yet, it isn' t that easy to replace her. :]

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

even without vocal they still would not play speed metal...

And I mentioned speed metal... where...?

Reading young one...