'Follow' idea

l33t_necroh

I absolutely HATE it when people randomly follow you either because there to lazy to click where ever their going, or they want to buy something.

I had the idea where you can toggle Follow to 'Freinds' or 'Off' just like chat.

What do you think?

l33t_necroh.png

Sounds kind of pointless. They could easily just click to follow you anyway...

It isn't so easy to just follow someone by clicking after them. especially when they are on follow so they can type and pester you with begs and taunts.

I don't know what I think of this idea. I am tired of those annoying beggers that click follow just so they can stay on you and beg for money or items. Also there are other people who just click follow just so they can harrass you. I like how you can turn trades off or to friends to keep people from pestering me with trade requests just to ask for free items so this idea could work.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Sounds kind of pointless. They could easily just click to follow you anyway...

It isn't so easy to just follow someone by clicking after them. especially when they are on follow so they can type and pester you with begs and taunts.

I don't know what I think of this idea. I am tired of those annoying beggers that click follow just so they can stay on you and beg for money or items. Also there are other people who just click follow just so they can harrass you. I like how you can turn trades off or to friends to keep people from pestering me with trade requests just to ask for free items so this idea could work.

I suppose it's worth adding to the to-do list. I just personally ignore them and when you do they just go away. Or, act like you don't speak their language ^^.

Hosan.png

Would be a nice addition, but I can live without it.

^ i agree

i hate noobs following me and taunting me and saying they have bettter mains and such :evil:

~Ray

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

Follow me north...

Actually, I rarely have that problem, and if I'm following someone at random, I say "I hope you don't mind, but I'm being lazy." Mostly they say "Ok, no problem."

So if someone is following you and annoying you? Annoy them back by walking in circles or going places that are meaningless. Even better, teleport to where you are going. It's faster anyway, right?

I don't think this change needs to be made, because I think you make it a bigger problem than it really is. If someone is following you, the are not hurting you, they are not slowing you down, and you can easily ignore them if they are bugging you verbally.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Just follow the one that's following you, the both of you will start moving around in circles. Most of the ones trying to get a lift from you will jump on someone else within seconds, if they don't just say that you can do this for hours, they will leave within a minute. The best way to shake begging noobs is to enter somewhere they can't. On f2p that can be the mining, cooking or crafting guild, on p2p there are various shortcuts and even more guild which need high levels to enter.

But if this were to be added maybe it should be like a trade message: "rsplayer01 wants to follow you", if you click the message, you allow him to follow you, if you don't he has to find his own way around.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)