Best place in game to achieve 85 mining?

neocrosby

As my members has expired. I decided, the only real thing to do is finally get 85 mining.

Im level 75 mining. I haven't got a mining level since Runescape Classic.

i've tried. just mining these days seems way to difficult. or at least much more than it was, when you could just stand by a rock and mine it for hours without having to move.

Im curious as to what new day miners, do to get 85 mining these days.

Where are the hot spots to mine, with a close bank, or store, or other fast method of clearing your inventory, so you can get back to pounding those rocks...

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

i didnt know you still played..

shadowman! its been so long, your name is so familiar? how do I know you? its been so long.

Al-kharid mine at them 3 iron rocks up near the top of it. If you get members then I would try out Yanille.

where is the nearest area to get rid of the ores...? at both palces

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

power mine at the 3 iron rocks in al-kharid... fast and easy xp

mining is the easy part. getting the ores out of your invatory isn't.

what do you mean by powermining?

boy I miss being able to mine with a full load and just autodropping.

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

by powermining he means, getting a full inventory of ores and then dropping all of them one at a time. then repeating over and over, which gets very boring

Silvrandcold.png

Barrow Drops: Dragon Med (x3), Torag Legs (x2), Verac Helm, Verac Skirt, Karil Coif, Karil Skirt, Half Key (x2), Dharok Legs, Ahrim Robes, Ahrim Hood

Dragon Drops: Dragon Med, Dragon Plateskirt

Your option as F2P is to go to Al-Kharid and Mine the three Iron rocks and drop them. Not exactly the best thing, but that's what you've gotta do as F2P. Personally I'd rather mine all that I could at the Lumbridge Swamp Mine (Mithril, Addy, and the Coal) and walk it back to the Draynor Bank, that's what I do when I'm a non-member.

When you get back to Members you've got a bunch of options. You can go the Cave goblin mines and mine the Iron veins there and sell to Mistag (the one-armed goblin) to quickly get rid of your ores. If you're really into purely power mining (Mine, then drop) you'll want to get down to the Granite Rocks in the Desert (Where you start the quest which nets you the Camulet, can't remember the name off the top of my head). That's by far the greatest XP because of it's fast respawn.

I'd say, don't Power mine while F2P, just gather up some real resources occasionally, because once you go to F2P from being a member nothing is as easy as it was. When I jump back to F2P (coming up after 33 days) I just gather up Raw Materials for skills like Smithing (Coal, Mithril, Adamantite, Iron), Crafting (Silver Ore), and Runecrafting (I make Elemental Runes from the regular Rune Essence).

power mine at the 3 iron rocks in al-kharid... fast and easy xp

mining is the easy part. getting the ores out of your invatory isn't.

what do you mean by powermining?

boy I miss being able to mine with a full load and just autodropping.

Power mining is just getting the ores and then dropping it. Although dropping them takes a far less amount of time than taking them to a bank, dropping the ores still takes a fair bit of annoying times! So power miners often write on the forums that there is free iron for anyone who wants to pick it up from the mine (as trading the iron ores to another person is far quicker). And they just do runs from the bank back to the mine, while you mine the ores for quick xp. :wink:

And the 3 iron rocks just north of the mining guild in the Dwarvan Mines is another great place for fast xp. :)

NEO !!!!!

dont listen to these crack heads, they dont know what they are all talking about :P

gold is fast to mine (i mine it sometimes faster then coal) im 88 mining though, so im sure its different for you.....

but anyways. If you havent done Between a Rock... Quest DO IT. You put on your gold helm, mine 27 gold, take off your helm. it will TP you out of the mine. Take a quick sprint east to the boatman, he will deposit your ores automatically to your bank... oh yeah WEAR RING OF CHAROS (U) Charm him, he will only take 3 gold from you each trip.

Its tedious yes... but its alot less work then all these other options you are getting from ppl :P

But look at the bright side. you will need 30k gold to mine for 85 mining. thats 1112 trips to the mine, and you keep 26688 Gold ores for yourself. which will get you to dam near 80 smithing (couple hundred ores short) thats if you go and pay 20k for gold smithing gaunts, if you dont have them already.

but DONT FORGET THE RING. or else i think he takes 6 ores per trip... and when your doing 1112 trips, that adds up :P

Why there? As you can tell, no one knows about it, there are TONS of rocks down there, you NEVER stand around, even with another person mining gold there as well.

If u did that quest and you dont quite remember what im talking about. Go to Keldagrim (the cave east of the freminick town) go into the next cave east of the entrance you just came into. then since u will have your charos ring on you, it wont cost you 2 gp to cross the river (its free) and then run east around the wall to the cannon, ask to be shot through it, and mine your heart out. and like i said near the beginning, run straight east after your load, and the boatman is at the water there.

Happy mining :)

127 Combat

73 Construction

1913 Skill Total

Quiet you fool! Don't ruin it for us who rely on those mines for income!

Seriously though, I guess a few knowing wont hurt. Seriously, it's great money or exp, depending on what you do. Personally I mine about 3k gold ore, or so, or until I've burned out. Sell it on the forums, honestly 600 each.

Ethiery.gif

A man who doesn't read, is no smarter than a man who can't read.

NEO !!!!!

dont listen to these crack heads, they dont know what they are all talking about :P

gold is fast to mine (i mine it sometimes faster then coal) im 88 mining though, so im sure its different for you.....

but anyways. If you havent done Between a Rock... Quest DO IT. You put on your gold helm, mine 27 gold, take off your helm. it will TP you out of the mine. Take a quick sprint east to the boatman, he will deposit your ores automatically to your bank... oh yeah WEAR RING OF CHAROS (U) Charm him, he will only take 3 gold from you each trip.

Its tedious yes... but its alot less work then all these other options you are getting from ppl :P

But look at the bright side. you will need 30k gold to mine for 85 mining. thats 1112 trips to the mine, and you keep 26688 Gold ores for yourself. which will get you to dam near 80 smithing (couple hundred ores short) thats if you go and pay 20k for gold smithing gaunts, if you dont have them already.

but DONT FORGET THE RING. or else i think he takes 6 ores per trip... and when your doing 1112 trips, that adds up :P

Why there? As you can tell, no one knows about it, there are TONS of rocks down there, you NEVER stand around, even with another person mining gold there as well.

If u did that quest and you dont quite remember what im talking about. Go to Keldagrim (the cave east of the freminick town) go into the next cave east of the entrance you just came into. then since u will have your charos ring on you, it wont cost you 2 gp to cross the river (its free) and then run east around the wall to the cannon, ask to be shot through it, and mine your heart out. and like i said near the beginning, run straight east after your load, and the boatman is at the water there.

it is bisy there like 3 peoples at the smae time but there are 140 godl rocks wha ti so much that 10+ people cant get it all mined

on free two play quickest mining xp is at al-karid mine at the 3 iron ores. rather than mine a whole inventory it is best to mine 3 and drop them, if you are quick you can mine all three and drop them before they respwn.

:mrgreen:

I find it highly ironic tha the person that calls the rest of the board crackheads and suggesting doing between a rock...

misses posted facts of

1. no longer member, on f2p

2. 217 listed Qp

:D :D :D :D

hehe just poking some fun, no insults intended =)

Cheers!

-BB

I find it highly ironic tha the person that calls the rest of the board crackheads and suggesting doing between a rock...

misses posted facts of

1. no longer member, on f2p

2. 217 listed Qp

:D :D :D :D

hehe just poking some fun, no insults intended =)

Cheers!

-BB

hehe, thats ok, i was poking fun :oops:

127 Combat

73 Construction

1913 Skill Total

Guest AshKaYu

I know the quickest exp in F2P isn't mining in AlKharid, it's actually Dwarven Mines. The northern part of the mines, there is a shop you can sell your ore too. I went from 50-60 in one day. There is two rocks, and providing you have an anti-level20-miner-spell, you are good.

• 5 months later...

i'm back to mining. I spent 75-78 mining, mining gold at the crafting guild.

then 78 - almost 79 mining at the between a rock gold mine. im totally burned out. i got enough gold to smelt for 70 smithing, I wanted higher but im sick of gold, so I sold the rest.

Im now interested in the Granite Quarry because I am a member again.

Can someone tell me more about it? what section of it is the best to mine, because of rock positions, and is dropping the rocks afterward the only option? wasn't there an npc that took them?

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

Powermine in Al Klarid at the 3 iron rocks... Just mine 3 and then drop them while you are waiting for the ores to respawn. Or have a full inventory and drop one mine one.... Then you got a bigger chance to get like the mime because the mysterious old man cant give you something when you got full inventory.

NEO !!!!!

WOW~~ I am so going to try this! Thank's I never even knew about this and yes I have the ring/helm. Woot !! Thanks again :)

EDIT : There now and I am loving this place !!!

queenvalerie.png